Melbourne Football

FFA Cup 2017 Qtr F V Sydney 13 Sep away

Dylan

Tonight, I would like to see Tongyik start ahead of Malik and La Rocca.

Good chance to continue a raw talents development. 

The kids got great skill and talent, but with some clear defensive frailties.

With experience, the right coaching and confidence, has the potential to develop into a quality CB.

14 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Shit, match-day once again. Already the nerves kicking in. What a silly bastard I am...

Obviously we should win easily, however I am more interested to see how Wazza deals with the game tactically, especially if the opposition employ a deep defensive counter.

Our defensive tactical fiasco from the transition from attack into defence is hopefully totally gone by now.

Well you would hope.

5 minutes ago, NuggetsMcGreggor said:

At the FFA Cup launch wazza said he'd been impressed by Malik's training consistency so I'd expect to see him start. 

Im sure he'll change his mind when a 1.5m tall attacker out jumps him for a header to score.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

DGIWYeSUwAAsm8m.jpg

Muscat                       Tongyik                      Jackobsen                   Jaimeson

Killa             Malik

Mauk

Fitzy                                                    Bruno                                              Kamau

Edited by Dylan

5 minutes ago, Dylan said:

------------------------------------------------Bouzanis---------------------------------------------------------

Muscat                       Tongyik                      Jackobsen                   Jaimeson

Killa             Malik

Mauk

Fitzy                                                    Bruno                                              Kamau

Rate this, other then Bouzanis in goal (and Malik). Also whats happening with La Rocca, is he not fit? or was only signed as a squaddie?

Will there be a replay on the Fox Sports Site?

Edited by haz

6 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Green line right here. Malik is going to become the first friction point with some on here

Not so sure. Muscat and Bouzanis will give it a good crack.

What's interesting is the bench. Just Brattan rest are kids (yoof).

Just now, Jovan said:

Not so sure. Muscat and Bouzanis will give it a good crack.

What's interesting is the bench. Just Brattan rest are kids (yoof).

No what I mean is that the types on here that have an irrational view on a player will blame every mistake, every goal conceded and every game lost Malik and therefore Joyce for picking him

1 minute ago, Dylan said:

No what I mean is that the types on here that have an irrational view on a player will blame every mistake, every goal conceded and every game lost Malik and therefore Joyce for picking him

I got what you were getting at. But what I was referring was that irrational view extends to Bouzanis and Muscat as well as Malik regardless of how well they play. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Green line right here. Malik is going to become the first friction point with some on here

If he plays well I'll be happy. Keep an eye on his marking though, thats his weakest skill and the cause of goals scored agasint us because of him.

Decent line-up this early on, expecting Mauk to cause a lot of problems with his movement while they worry about marking Bruno. Games like this really show up our lack of other striking options if Bruno goes down, Dekker showed enough in his time to be a decent squaddie and has been doing the business in the NPL this year.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, mus-28 said:

Decent line-up this early on, expecting Mauk to cause a lot of problems with his movement while they worry about marking Bruno. Games like this really show up our lack of other striking options if Bruno goes down, Dekker showed enough in his time to be a decent squaddie and has been doing the business in the NPL this year.

I guess if Crowley is any good he will get a crack. We always have Tim. But Bruno hasn't missed a game except for cards since he signed. Absolute animal. 

Edited by Jovan
  • Like 1

Playing so happy together to get pumped lol

3 minutes ago, Jovan said:

I guess if Crowley is any good he will get a crack. We always have Tim. But Bruno hasn't missed a game except for cards since he signed. Absolute animal. 

Too right. Guy is a warrior, incredible how hard he works without getting injured

7 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Crowley is quick, so is Atkinson. We have some good young players.