Melbourne Football
jeffplz

Eugene Galekovic

Dylan    4,160
25 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

in essence I agree, but I still think it also says Ange rates Euge over Dean.

Sure, but that includes Thomas and what ever the visitor reserve keeper is, Izzo probably etc.  

They probably thought, 'look critical game in a few days, who is someone we don't need to show much within the current camp. Im sure there is admin involved and all that crap with bringing a new person in (like a playing contract) and they probably didn't want to deal with it. 

We all know Galekovic is a better keeper, but he did tail off a bit last year IMO but thats up to him to convince the coaches otherwise, the club probably wants to develop Bouzanis now with an eye on future seasons, 26 is young for a keeper

Edited by Dylan
  • Like 1

dr lime    181

What a relief it is to have a keeper who is unobtrusive, capable and no frills and just saves/catches what he should, organises the defence and is still sharp enough to read the game and make the odd good save. Of course we have defended better overall, which helps, but at least some of that is down to him. 

Just hope he doesn't get injured or sent off, although I don't think Wazza is a JVS/Valkinis i.e. not stupid enough to make a decision along the lines of the Sorensen benching debacle.   

• Like 4

wombegongal    459
43 minutes ago, dr lime said:

What a relief it is to have a keeper who is unobtrusive, capable and no frills and just saves/catches what he should, organises the defence and is still sharp enough to read the game and make the odd good save. Of course we have defended better overall, which helps, but at least some of that is down to him. 

Just hope he doesn't get injured or sent off, although I don't think Wazza is a JVS/Valkinis i.e. not stupid enough to make a decision along the lines of the Sorensen benching debacle.   

You mean like Thomas Sorenson was? Still can't figure out why Bouzanis was getting a run last season.

• Like 2

playmaker    892
7 hours ago, Chris p said:

The jihad against Bouzanis is complete bullshit. He did nothing wrong last season 

The point is that Sorenson was a better keeper with more experience in organising the defence and should have been on the pitch every game.

JVS and Valkanis incompetence.

• Like 2

Chris p    173
4 hours ago, playmaker said:

The point is that Sorenson was a better keeper with more experience in organising the defence and should have been on the pitch every game.

JVS and Valkanis incompetence.

But sorensen did ultimately make his fair share of mistakes 

playmaker    892
21 minutes ago, Chris p said:

But sorensen did ultimately make his fair share of mistakes 

Best Keeper of the league the season before, world class level where Bouzanis is a chump by comparison.

• Like 3