Melbourne Football

Eugene Galekovic

jeffplz

16 minutes ago, n i k o said:

I get what your saying, I don't agree with it. But is the bolded part accurate? The fact he blew it meant he did everything but keep us in it. 

I think that a lot of people are so used to seeing crappy goalkeepers in the A-League that they misunderstand what the role is. First and foremost it's to stop the bloody ball crossing the line. That's the job. Some shots appear impossible to stop, but even so you have to try. You've got to throw yourself around and often get bruised and battered. Every time you stuff a shot up it's a fail, no matter how many that you've saved. Sometimes the fail costs your team the match, and other times it doesn't, but it's still a fail. Galekovic has cost us four points in the past two matches - a huge cost in terms of what part of the season remained and who we were playing at the time. Massive fail both times.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

This is still I think the biggest mystery going into next season is who will be our keeper

Joyce was bloody wierd as he preferred Galekovic over Birighitti, but he preferred Bouzanis over Galekovic, but then he loaned out Bouzanis to get Birighitti. 

New coach means all 3 are a chance of Eugene decides to stay on, I think Birighitti is gone. So maybe Bouzanis gets another crack at it 

8 hours ago, neio said:

This is still I think the biggest mystery going into next season is who will be our keeper

Joyce was bloody wierd as he preferred Galekovic over Birighitti, but he preferred Bouzanis over Galekovic, but then he loaned out Bouzanis to get Birighitti. 

New coach means all 3 are a chance of Eugene decides to stay on, I think Birighitti is gone. So maybe Bouzanis gets another crack at it 

Has Bouzanis had any game time?