Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jeffplz

Melbourne City 2017/18 Kit

113 posts in this topic

42 minutes ago, icantthinkofacoolname said:

Rugby team Waratahs have a similar colour combo to what many want for us on their away kit, looks pretty average imo

waratahs-alternate-jersey-2017-p4040-16242_zoom.jpg

The bottom part looks like a minesweeper game..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In defence of the red and blue together there's countless better examples than that monstrosity 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

celta-vigo-17-18-home-and-away-kits-8.jp

 

IMO celta vigo has a little too much red to make the two colours work. If we just had the collar and cuffs it would look a lot better (along with white socks)

Edited by Dylan
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

The club better keep Red and White in the mix for the away strip. Does anyone recall that Red and White fan made strip that the club came up with for that game where Orlando Engelaar scored from halfway that was a tremendous strip. 

Surely the club will listen to its fans and keep red and white for the away strip, does not have to be stripes but red and white at least in some kind of combo.

Edited by AlwaysHeart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AlwaysHeart said:

The club better keep Red and White in the mix for the away strip. Does anyone recall that Red and White fan made strip that the club came up with for that game where Orlando Engelaar scored from halfway that was a tremendous strip. 

Surely the club will listen to its fans and keep red and white for the away strip, does not have to be stripes but red and white at least in some kind of combo.

Think heart was wearing the normal home kit when he scored that goal?  These are the 2 Fan Designed kits Heart wore I think.

1_630_1120_1_70_-News-HEARTKITMAIN.jpg

heart-to-wear-fan-designed-third-jersey_00044504-leadimage.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Top one with Kisnorbo and Kewell was great! thats the one i was talking about :)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DFG_82 said:

Think heart was wearing the normal home kit when he scored that goal?  These are the 2 Fan Designed kits Heart wore I think.

 

You're right, were wearing the regular home kit then 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Dylan said:

celta-vigo-17-18-home-and-away-kits-8.jp

 

IMO celta vigo has a little too much red to make the two colours work. If we just had the collar and cuffs it would look a lot better (along with white socks)

That kit is beautiful. Never gonna happen though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DFG_82 said:

Think heart was wearing the normal home kit when he scored that goal?  These are the 2 Fan Designed kits Heart wore I think.

heart-to-wear-fan-designed-third-jersey_00044504-leadimage.jpg

Best Heart kit ever created IMO.

I reckon this would look awesome if you just changed the charcoal to "City Blue".

Now that would be a kit to be proud of

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, icantthinkofacoolname said:

You're right, were wearing the regular home kit then 

 

We were wearing the red and white fan designed one for his debut off the bench. "OOH-AAH ENGELAAR!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DFG_82 said:

Think heart was wearing the normal home kit when he scored that goal?  These are the 2 Fan Designed kits Heart wore I think.

1_630_1120_1_70_-News-HEARTKITMAIN.jpg

heart-to-wear-fan-designed-third-jersey_00044504-leadimage.jpg

There was a 3rd one as well. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:
4 hours ago, DFG_82 said:

Think heart was wearing the normal home kit when he scored that goal?  These are the 2 Fan Designed kits Heart wore I think.

1_630_1120_1_70_-News-HEARTKITMAIN.jpg

heart-to-wear-fan-designed-third-jersey_00044504-leadimage.jpg

There was a 3rd one as well. 

This One?

New-Melbourne-Heart-Third-Kit-2013.jpg

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, DFG_82 said:

This One?

New-Melbourne-Heart-Third-Kit-2013.jpg

Best kit ever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm getting a bad case of Heart nostalgia now, ffs :(

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Nate said:

I'm getting a bad case of Heart nostalgia now, ffs :(

Mate i get that every time i look in my wardrobe so you probably get a small taste of my daily struggle lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, DFG_82 said:

This One?

New-Melbourne-Heart-Third-Kit-2013.jpg

Would have been so much better had it not been a kappa rash shirt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

Would have been so much better had it not been a kappa rash shirt

Had the exact same thought. Imagine a Nike version of this kit.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yawnnnn same old discussion

We know the outcome ladies and gentlemen: Red and white is dead

And i for one am glad: that was synonymous with being shit. We won out first trophy in an autistic white kit. Glory be to god and his prophets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/21/2017 at 9:56 PM, RedAndWhitePride said:

Make that all red, and you've got yourself a kit.

Something like this would be decent I think. Mind my average Photoshop skills 

kit.jpg

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Jovan said:

A full red kit is sheer fantasy. Wont happen. 

It's like getting a balanced squad before round 1.

As long as the sausage stand is running at full productivity levels at round 1, im there.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jovan said:

A full red kit is sheer fantasy. Wont happen. 

It's like getting a balanced squad before round 1.

Looks beautiful, and looks a bit like the new Liverpool home jersey, too. 

 

Oh, one can dream.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as I'm concerned they've done enough for me not to want to buy last seasons away kit. I wait with bated breath what this season will look like. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RedAndWhitePride said:

Looks beautiful, and looks a bit like the new Liverpool home jersey, too. 

 

Oh, one can dream.

We dont want our club turning into a cult and spending year on year obsessing over an FFA cup win

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/06/2017 at 10:20 PM, strider said:

Red and white is dead

And i for one am glad: that was synonymous with being shit. We won out first trophy in an autistic white kit. Glory be to god and his prophets

We won the very first derby and shocked the tards in red & white. This will always mean more to me then winning micky mouse cup (while wearing hybrid-temporary white)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Jestr said:

We won the very first derby and shocked the tards in red & white. This will always mean more to me then winning micky mouse cup (while wearing hybrid-temporary white)

Lol. There is the heart mentality there. As long as we beat the local rivals who cares if we finish 10th or 9th every season.

Edited by Dylan
6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

As long as the sausage stand is running at full productivity levels at round 1, im there.

I have dire hopes for the sausage stand this season, just wasnt the same having to leave the stadium to get one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, HeartOfCity said:

I have dire hopes for the sausage stand this season, just wasnt the same having to leave the stadium to get one. 

Suspect that it will be outside the ground. Protection of the food outlets inside the ground.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, HeartOfCity said:

I have dire hopes for the sausage stand this season, just wasnt the same having to leave the stadium to get one. 

Last season's greatest error in hindsight wasn't replacing Chapman but the move of the sausage stand outside.

I'd pick one up on the way in and smash it by the time I hit the turnstiles. Or if I waited till halftime it was a massive walk. Some weeks it pains me to admit it but I just couldn't be bothered.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Dylan said:

Lol. There is the heart mentality there. As long as we beat the local rivals who cares if we finish 10th or 9th every season.

Every one hated how poor we were then so I don't get your comment about being ok with finishing last. Maybe you were. 

It was simply a symbolic win which was not supposed to happen. 

Now people keep pissing on club's short history, it's common here but lets move on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0