Melbourne Football

Melbourne City 2017/18 Kit

jeffplz

Home Kit looks like a T Shirt with Logos... however my taste in Kits is very Early-Mid 90's so I am never going to be appeased.

The Away Kit is another tribute to the shit last seasons of Heart where the Kits became Red with White Stripes rather than White Kits with Red Stripes, I dont know why they dont do a take on the kits from the enjoyable era of watching Heart in S1 and S2.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, cadete said:

Home Kit looks like a T Shirt with Logos... however my taste in Kits is very Early-Mid 90's so I am never going to be appeased.

The Away Kit is another tribute to the shit last seasons of Heart where the Kits became Red with White Stripes rather than White Kits with Red Stripes, I dont know why they dont do a take on the kits from the enjoyable era of watching Heart in S1 and S2.

Last few years it wouldn't have worked because our shirts were primarily white, so having a white base on the away kit would make it more useless than it already is. It could work better now but our home kit is still fairly light.

10 minutes ago, cadete said:

Lmao enjoyable era

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

How do kit sponsors evaluate the worth of having their logos on football jerseys? Is anyone really influenced in their choice of salami, tyres, car, superannuation fund, or even airline?

I don't eat KFC as result of them sponsoring Victory.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

How do kit sponsors evaluate the worth of having their logos on football jerseys? Is anyone really influenced in their choice of salami, tyres, car, superannuation fund, or even airline?

I'm glad you asked. My diet consists exclusively of Don's salami.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, cadete said:

17 minutes ago, strider said:

Lmao enjoyable era

Well it was Fringer...

In S2 we went on a winning streak that saw us at Christmas Time looking set for a good finals series but by halfway through S3 it was clear the club was being run on a shoestring budget (The CEO even took cuts to his own Salary) and we were not improving on or off the pitch in terms of being able to remain afloat for much longer.

1 hour ago, illeatyourheart said:

Considering who our owners are, it'd be nice if we could have no need for at least the Host Plus logo on the back.

Not sure how much the club makes from Host Plus it but I don't think CFG wants to be subsidising the clubs running cost 100% and would like for the club to pay for some of it at least, Maybe in the future if we become more profitable there won't be a need for it.

Btw has there been any info on what colour the Number is going to be. haven't seen any photos with the number on it. Probably going to be blue on both kits but would be nice if the Home was White with a red outline.

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

It's more about brand awareness and familiarity. People unconsciously are more likely to reach for the salami they recognize. It's why Kraft Peanutbutter is always gonna out sell Old Mason's Nut Paste or w/e.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jeffplz said:

You know what, fuck this, the new A league logo looks shit and city blue is gay. Let's bring this one out the bag

IMG_7568.JPG.a4f4256518decc16b2e9e6a2e33b0d9b.JPG

You cant leave mate, who am I going to give all my red lines too?

Oh and that banner should have also added...

'Keep the ice bins! 

Against modern finals!

Finishing 9th or 10th is better than winning silverware in a different colour!

Edited by Dylan
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, jeffplz said:

You know what, fuck this, the new A league logo looks shit and city blue is gay. Let's bring this one out the bag

IMG_7568.JPG.a4f4256518decc16b2e9e6a2e33b0d9b.JPG

The most useless Banner of All Time - As demonstrated by the Club's inevitable following decision and the fact that those who made it continued to attend Melbourne City Games and Derbies. The Supras who worked so very hard on this banner even all attended the meeting about New Active Support for MCFC.

The only thing the PPL who made it achieved with that Photo was by making it look like YSIDE supported the thing to outsiders because in the picture you cant see that  its blocking out the last two rows of the Home Bay (AKA The Rooster Kop).

A photo from behind would have shown the Large Bulk of the YSIDE Inner and Outer Core stood in silence and throwing those stupid meaningless cards in the air.

Edited by cadete

What does everybody think about the big white Etihad patch on the front of the away kit as well as the odd looking numbering and names on the back? How come the stripes don't stop to leave a red blank printing area for text.

Our main sponsors is just patched on the shirt, looks a little odd.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

What does everybody think about the big white Etihad patch on the front of the away kit as well as the odd looking numbering and names on the back? How come the stripes don't stop to leave a red blank printing area for text.

Our main sponsors is just patched on the shirt, looks a little odd.

I notice that the away kit won't be available for sale from the club shop until October. Perhaps by then they will have the real thing?

1 minute ago, jw1739 said:

I notice that the away kit won't be available for sale from the club shop until October. Perhaps by then they will have the real thing?

Yep this happened last year too if I recall. Or the year before. It was one of them

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...