Melbourne Football

Melbourne City 2017/18 Kit

jeffplz

3 minutes ago, JC22 said:

Both look mint.

Our best combo thus far.

Thank Christ we did away with the abhorrent away kit from last season.

My only complaints are the a-league logo and sponsor on the away look like they have used big stickers. Looks cheap.

• Like 1

god fucking dammit the home kit looks fucking shit. i mean, the top is great but whos fucking autistic idea is it to have blue socks? white socks or fold you fuckwits! or go barcelona away kit and all blue. what the fuck is this blue sock bullshit with white shorts? juvenile fucking designers, kill yourselves IRL

Just now, Jimmy said:

Logo doesn't look too bad when it's on the players. Definitely the best kits of the City era overall.

New coach. Nice kits. Shaping up to be a fine season.

Logo's the only thing I don't like, otherwise love the kits.

Wow. A shirt with 4 sponsors plastered on it, plain sky blue shirt with the same fucking template as last season and everyone thinks its a good kit. 

That's why kits are going done the shitter and Football and why our club is still mediocre because we accept mediocrity. A plain sky blue fucking kit. Beautiful init? 

11 minutes ago, possiblygeorge said:

Wow. A shirt with 4 sponsors plastered on it, plain sky blue shirt with the same fucking template as last season and everyone thinks its a good kit. 

That's why kits are going done the shitter and Football and why our club is still mediocre because we accept mediocrity. A plain sky blue fucking kit. Beautiful init? 

Turn it up mate.

12 minutes ago, possiblygeorge said:

screen-shot-2012-01-24-at-4-44-51-pm.png

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, possiblygeorge said:

City Blue not Sky blue 

10 hours ago, jw1739 said:

A good clean home kit IMO, with no unnecessary spurious secondary colours (the white matches the shorts). Very suitable for our hot summers. Like many, don't like the HAL logo, but it's an integral part of the home jersey (i.e. doesn't look like a stick-on badge) so it's OK. Jersey sponsors are a fact of modern football life - (almost) everyone has them.

Apart from the HAL logo the away kit is great - recognises our heritage - isn't that what many have been asking for and most thought it would disappear forever?

Bloody great as far as I'm concerned.

Don't know what you're going on about. And I'm the one who's called a pessimistic moaner. @Embee

I think you fall into @Embees pessimistic but able to articulate it category. Old mate above falls into a far less savoury category 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

I think you fall into @Embees pessimistic but able to articulate it category. Old mate above falls into a far less savoury category 

I do love that having a plain blue kit means we accept mediocrity though. If only someone at head office was able to come up with an intricate, success striving kit like this one....6b04a35de3c9615aa8212a2228312522.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, jw1739 said:

A good clean home kit IMO, with no unnecessary spurious secondary colours (the white matches the shorts). Very suitable for our hot summers. Like many, don't like the HAL logo, but it's an integral part of the home jersey (i.e. doesn't look like a stick-on badge) so it's OK. Jersey sponsors are a fact of modern football life - (almost) everyone has them.

Apart from the HAL logo the away kit is great - recognises our heritage - isn't that what many have been asking for and most thought it would disappear forever?

Bloody great as far as I'm concerned.

Don't know what you're going on about. And I'm the one who's called a pessimistic moaner. @Embee

As @thisphantomfortress stated, you can articulate your pessimistic opinion and hold a reasonable debate/conversation with it, there are more than a few on here who just screech until most of the other posters seem to ignore them for the most part.

Clean, plain kits are always the best IMO. There's nothing worse than an overly complex kit chock full of big sponsors for me. The shade of blue is really nice too, I really think they've done a great job this time.