Melbourne Football

Melbourne City 2017/18 Kit

jeffplz

The club better keep Red and White in the mix for the away strip. Does anyone recall that Red and White fan made strip that the club came up with for that game where Orlando Engelaar scored from halfway that was a tremendous strip. 

Surely the club will listen to its fans and keep red and white for the away strip, does not have to be stripes but red and white at least in some kind of combo.

Edited by AlwaysHeart

2 hours ago, AlwaysHeart said:

The club better keep Red and White in the mix for the away strip. Does anyone recall that Red and White fan made strip that the club came up with for that game where Orlando Engelaar scored from halfway that was a tremendous strip. 

Surely the club will listen to its fans and keep red and white for the away strip, does not have to be stripes but red and white at least in some kind of combo.

Think heart was wearing the normal home kit when he scored that goal?  These are the 2 Fan Designed kits Heart wore I think.

1_630_1120_1_70_-News-HEARTKITMAIN.jpg

heart-to-wear-fan-designed-third-jersey_00044504-leadimage.jpg

8 hours ago, Dylan said:

celta-vigo-17-18-home-and-away-kits-8.jp

IMO celta vigo has a little too much red to make the two colours work. If we just had the collar and cuffs it would look a lot better (along with white socks)

That kit is beautiful. Never gonna happen though.

2 hours ago, DFG_82 said:

Think heart was wearing the normal home kit when he scored that goal?  These are the 2 Fan Designed kits Heart wore I think.

heart-to-wear-fan-designed-third-jersey_00044504-leadimage.jpg

Best Heart kit ever created IMO.

I reckon this would look awesome if you just changed the charcoal to "City Blue".

Now that would be a kit to be proud of

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, RedAndWhitePride said:

Looks beautiful, and looks a bit like the new Liverpool home jersey, too. 

Oh, one can dream.

We dont want our club turning into a cult and spending year on year obsessing over an FFA cup win

• Like 1

On 07/06/2017 at 10:20 PM, strider said:

Red and white is dead

And i for one am glad: that was synonymous with being shit. We won out first trophy in an autistic white kit. Glory be to god and his prophets

We won the very first derby and shocked the tards in red & white. This will always mean more to me then winning micky mouse cup (while wearing hybrid-temporary white)

5 minutes ago, HeartOfCity said:

I have dire hopes for the sausage stand this season, just wasnt the same having to leave the stadium to get one. 

Suspect that it will be outside the ground. Protection of the food outlets inside the ground.

59 minutes ago, HeartOfCity said:

I have dire hopes for the sausage stand this season, just wasnt the same having to leave the stadium to get one. 

Last season's greatest error in hindsight wasn't replacing Chapman but the move of the sausage stand outside.

I'd pick one up on the way in and smash it by the time I hit the turnstiles. Or if I waited till halftime it was a massive walk. Some weeks it pains me to admit it but I just couldn't be bothered.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Dylan said:

Lol. There is the heart mentality there. As long as we beat the local rivals who cares if we finish 10th or 9th every season.

Every one hated how poor we were then so I don't get your comment about being ok with finishing last. Maybe you were. 

It was simply a symbolic win which was not supposed to happen. 

Now people keep pissing on club's short history, it's common here but lets move on

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, HeartOfCity said:

@DFG_82 Saw this when looking for the guest marquee rule, it pretty much says that the FFA aprove City to use "City Blue" for the 2017/18 season but it doesnt say that they will actually use it.

http://www.a-league.com.au/article/guest-player-spot-approved-for-201617-a-league-season/1lh4ejtsc6l7b1usdffahhs5j8

Well, as far as I'm concerned I will be staggered if City are not in an all-City-Blue strip from now on. IMO there's no other interpretation of what FFA received a submission from Melbourne City and after two seasons of operating with a hybrid brand the change has been approved. The City Football Group has shown they are serious about their long term commitment to the Hyundai A-League and this will allow Melbourne City to grow in line with the global brand strategy of the City Football Group." and "...it is now appropriate to allow for the full integration of the City Football Group’s playing strip colours. As part of the decision, Sydney FC will retain exclusivity of its ‘Sky Blue’ brand as Melbourne City adopts the ‘City Blue’ colours....” means.

• Like 1