Melbourne Football

Melbourne City 2017/18 Kit

jeffplz

Well done to the cunts at CFG who have officially taken the HEART of the Club.

The owners and the club are so out of touch with its supporters its fucking ridiculous. 

I can take the name change, only just, i can barely accept you've changed our red and white Heart colours to our away kit which I've never see us wear live in Melbourne. But you then have the fucking balls to swap our the white home kit for your piece of shit "city blue".

Whether any of you like it or not this club is no longer Melbourne Heart and is no longer the club we all started supporting, unless youre a typical manchester city ship jumper when we got taken over, which disgusts me by the way.

The club we used to love ceases to exists no longer and we're left with a filthy, cashed up, tinpot franchise.

If this is indeed our upcoming shirt for the new season I'm pretty sure I'll pull the pin. This is no longer our club and if you think otherwise you're in denial.

Dont get me started if Roy Hodgeson gets appointed manager. The absolute fucking state of this club at the moment is a farce. A plastic, cashed up franchise farce.

/rant.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, possiblygeorge said:

The owners and the club are so out of touch with its supporters its fucking ridiculous. 

I can take the name change, only just, i can barely accept you've changed our red and white Heart colours to our away kit which I've never see us wear live in Melbourne. But you then have the fucking balls to swap our the white home kit for your piece of shit "city blue".

Whether any of you like it or not this club is no longer Melbourne Heart and is no longer the club we all started supporting, unless youre a typical manchester city ship jumper when we got taken over, which disgusts me by the way.

The club we used to love ceases to exists no longer and we're left with a filthy, cashed up, tinpot franchise.

If this is indeed our upcoming shirt for the new season I'm pretty sure I'll pull the pin. This is no longer our club and if you think otherwise you're in denial.

Dont get me started if Roy Hodgeson gets appointed manager. The absolute fucking state of this club at the moment is a farce. A plastic, cashed up franchise farce.

/rant.

can you please leave race/colour out of this? just because im blue yaba de yaba die yaba de yaba die yaba de yaba die yaba de yaba die yaba de yaba die

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Dont think a colour rant counts for much at this point in time, unless you were surprised by the inevitable. In which case your IQ would be better suited to being a Victory fan.

It's either this club or nothing. If it is time for the sliding doors then I'm done for the A-League. That doesn't mean i don't want to see the league prosper.

1 hour ago, bt50 said:

No-one is giving you an ultimatum. But surely you realised this was coming at least a season ago, if not more? It could hardly come as a shock.

Its been done to death on this forum but the colour/name change stuff is old news, most people have come to the conclusion that you either come to terms with it or walk away. 

simples.jpg

Or wear the red and white away kit.  Simples.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, possiblygeorge said:

/rant.

Is your internet 3 years slow or something?

• Like 3

Have to remember that there are people that probably knew deep down it was coming, lived in hope it didn't, but were ready to rant the moment it came to fruition. Clearly this fake jersey is the trigger point for some. 

Where this point about the sky blue jersey has a purpose to be raised is in Soriano original comments about the club not being a mini Manchester. IMO this seals the deal that it is. 

Edited by n i k o

Waiting on a confirmation from the club on what our kit is next season, if they do go this way (which they probably will), lets hope it's a better version as that shirt is crap.

Unfortunately for me whenever the club does stuff like this (and nearly every other move they've made, which aside from the training facility have been almost entirely disappointing), it makes me dislike the club more and more. City remains the team I follow and am most interested in, but at the same time I have a growing resentment towards the club and the wider CFG group, and moves like this just help that grow. I'm not out as such, and doubt I will be at any point in the foreseeable future, but man do they make themselves a horrible club to follow, and that's not even taking into account the on field stuff. They just reek of unjust arrogance and decisions that go against the wishes of supporters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Aardvark said:

Waiting on a confirmation from the club on what our kit is next season, if they do go this way (which they probably will), lets hope it's a better version as that shirt is crap.

Unfortunately for me whenever the club does stuff like this (and nearly every other move they've made, which aside from the training facility have been almost entirely disappointing), it makes me dislike the club more and more. City remains the team I follow and am most interested in, but at the same time I have a growing resentment towards the club and the wider CFG group, and moves like this just help that grow. I'm not out as such, and doubt I will be at any point in the foreseeable future, but man do they make themselves a horrible club to follow, and that's not even taking into account the on field stuff. They just reek of unjust arrogance and decisions that go against the wishes of supporters.

Anyone who didn't see a sky blue home kit coming at some point is, I'm afraid, being rather naive. It was always a matter of "when?" rather than "if." CFG have made it very clear that they believe in their "brand," and the kit would have changed right from season 2014/15 unless Sydney had objected.

CFG effectively bought the right to wear sky blue by paying the bulk of the cost of the arrival of Cahill in the A-League. In the end they will use their financial power to get whatever else they want, or they will walk away. What Melbourne City costs them is absolute peanuts in their wider scheme of things.

It's the choice of an individual to ignore Melbourne City, to follow them, to support them, or to love them or hate them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chris p said:

If the red & white goes it'll be on for young and old 

Really?

the time to make a stand was 3 years ago, but not enough people gave a shit. 

Still they can't make us Melchester, refuse to spend extra cash to deal with bad decisions (length of Koren & JVS contracts), play like shit and expect us to rush to sign up to renew seasons tickets to watch a team coached by who knows and with no new signings. 

I don't go to a shop unless they have something I want to buy and that's where my relationship with Melchester City is right now.

• Like 3

On 2017-5-27 at 11:43 AM, GreenSeater said:

I actually like the idea of a sky blue kit. I don't like the idea of one that looks that boring.

same here... I like the idea of the blue, although I really liked our white kits, but this just looks way too boring. I'd also like a tiny bit of red somewhere. Don't like the idea of looking exactly the same as Machester and a red pinstripe through bits of white would be a small nod to our heart days without forcing the red and white away strip year after year

27 minutes ago, PORCHO said:

same here... I like the idea of the blue, although I really liked our white kits, but this just looks way too boring. I'd also like a tiny bit of red somewhere. Don't like the idea of looking exactly the same as Machester and a red pinstripe through bits of white would be a small nod to our heart days without forcing the red and white away strip year after year

The blue is inevitable. I have consigned myself to that years ago.

Nevertheless, I will be furious if we play in the same kit as Manchester. My dream kit would be something like Olympique Lyonnais or our first City kit, with most of the strip being 'City Blue', but a red and white stripe incorporated into the top. However, from past experiences with CFG, they're more concerned with their brand synergy than what the unwashed masses on the other side of the world think .

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Sky blue is one of the worst coloured kits out there but kudos to anyone who's convinced themselves otherwise 

Yes, it's a bit of a weak colour, but TBH I'd rather get the change over with rather than listen to the same old debates. The hybrids we've had so far have been awful IMO.

What p's me off more than a sky blue playing strip is seeing City and Sydney come out for the warm up session and players and training staff from both clubs looking almost identical. That just seems stupid. I can't see how that enhances the "brand."

9 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Yes, it's a bit of a weak colour, but TBH I'd rather get the change over with rather than listen to the same old debates. The hybrids we've had so far have been awful IMO.

What p's me off more than a sky blue playing strip is seeing City and Sydney come out for the warm up session and players and training staff from both clubs looking almost identical. That just seems stupid. I can't see how that enhances the "brand."

Surely you can find something a little more significant to piss yourself off about? how many other examples of two (or more) clubs in the same league having the same colours? 

Anyway ive never liked red as a colour and heart's best kits was when it was majority white. Those Kappa kits looked as tacky as all hell.

1 minute ago, Dylan said:

Surely you can find something a little more significant to piss yourself off about? how many other examples of two (or more) clubs in the same league having the same colours? 

Anyway ive never liked red as a colour and heart's best kits was when it was majority white. Those Kappa kits looked as tacky as all hell.

I certainly can. Where do you want to start? It's the off-season after all. A good pissing-off now will mellow me for season 2017/18.

• Like 2

I personally don't mind sky blue as a kit colour and feel that clubs like Coventry and Manchester City usually had some of the nicer kits in the league when I was growing up. I also really don't care that us and Sydney utilize that colour, if we intend to expand the league and introduce Promotion/Relegation over time there's going to be instances where colour schemes clash, welcome to football.

As I've probably mentioned on here before though, I will be disappointed if our kit is an exact copy of the Manc's with no individual distinctions that make it feel like our own. I'm sure I'll get over it though.

Edited by Embee
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, jw1739 said:

That's a maroon hoop around the top of the socks. We could have red...

What's the bet they just give us the exact same socks and say that they're actually City red and therefore a tribute to our past

Edited by GreenSeater
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, GreenSeater said:

What's the bet they just give us the exact same socks and say that they're actually City red and therefore a tribute to our past

*to the club formerly known as Melbourne Heart.

Edited by Blackout