Melbourne Football

Melbourne City 2017/18 Kit

jeffplz

That would be very hard to fake. For starters the nike info on the bottom right has 2017 and is out of focus. It still could be faked but id argue that someone with that skill probably would have been a die had supporter to put the effort into it, and most likely a poster on here so a little hard to say either way. But, start the in or out poll.

@jeffplz where did you find the image? and change the thread title to in our out and put a poll into it :P

Edited by Dylan
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Dylan said:

That would be very hard to fake. For starters the nike info on the bottom right has 2017 and is out of focus. It still could be faked but id argue that someone with that skill probably would have been a die had supporter to put the effort into it, and most likely a poster on here so a little hard to say either way. But, start the in or out poll.

@jeffplz where did you find the image? and change the thread title to in our out and put a poll into it :P

its being sold in SEA Nike shops

Certainly very similar to what I've seen as the supposed home jersey for Manchester City next season. If this is to be believed, next season's ManC Home kit will have white shorts and sky blue socks, the latter with a maroon band around the top. (Might we score red there?)

But at least there's no darker blue on it.

http://www.mcfcwatch.com/2017/05/17/manchester-city-announce-release-date-of-201718-home-kit-pictures-included/

52 minutes ago, Falastur said:

That really is a miserable shirt - it looks like it's made of the same heavier materials you saw in use 5-10 years ago. That said, I agree that it's a lot of trouble to have gone to for a fake.

Anyway, where's the A-League badge?

Would have been hard to fake in photoshop but could be a knock off given no new aleague logo and the old logo on the tags. Plus its being sold in asia. Even so, I would say the home kit, if its not that, will look pretty much the same. Lets hope for the sash away kit

The new Man City kit dropped today at SPT football, so I'm guessing most Australian retailers are also stocking it. The top stores are stocking don't have sleeve sponsors, so really all someone would have to do is put our badge over the Man City badge and iron the logos on. Admittedly this would be a lot of work, but I'm just saying it's possible. 

*edit* just noticed that the Nike logo on the Man City top is on the left pocket and not the top. There goes that theory.

Edited by IssySG

56 minutes ago, [LIBBA] said:

were you taking the piss?

Cant find it

If you look at the link I posted above - http://www.mcfcwatch.com/2017/05/17/manchester-city-announce-release-date-of-201718-home-kit-pictures-included/ and look at the video (use the stop feature to get stills) you'll see that it's remarkably like the new Manchester kit for 2017/18. It would not surprise me if it is a replica of what we will be wearing next season.

The release of the new ManC kit has been delayed - presumably as a result of the bombing incident there.

Edit: If that really is our home kit for next season then I actually like its "traditional" simplicity, but I agree it's really uncomfortably similar to that of the parent club. I wouldn't be surprised, though, if this "mini-Manchester" look is as much to do with gutless local management as anything else. If we stood up for the "Melbourne club for Melbourne people" concept and said that we won't grow as a club in terms of identity, local appeal, memberships, attendances and loyalty to the club etc. until we are more clearly differentiated from Manchester, then I can't see why CFG would refuse us a more "independent" look. NYC can do it, so why not us?

Edited by jw1739

5 hours ago, Dylan said:

Would have been hard to fake in photoshop but could be a knock off given no new aleague logo and the old logo on the tags. Plus its being sold in asia. Even so, I would say the home kit, if its not that, will look pretty much the same. Lets hope for the sash away kit

Pretty sure they're going to revert to the stripes.

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Edit: If that really is our home kit for next season then I actually like its "traditional" simplicity, but I agree it's really uncomfortably similar to that of the parent club. 

Agree with this statement. Not sure exactly who it is or isn't down to though. New York sports fans are pretty famously ferocious and aren't unknown to take their anger out loudly on their teams so perhaps that comes into the decision making process for the higher ups. Melburnians (and Australian sports fans in general) aren't really known for possessing the same kind open willingness to display their dissatisfaction. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Embee said:

Pretty sure they're going to revert to the stripes.

Agree with this statement. Not sure exactly who it is or isn't down to though. New York sports fans are pretty famously ferocious and aren't unknown to take their anger out loudly on their teams so perhaps that comes into the decision making process for the higher ups. Melburnians (and Australian sports fans in general) aren't really known for possessing the same kind open willingness to display their dissatisfaction. 

For home and away or just home?

I'd say it's real. There's no A-League badge because the badge is being redesigned for next season, so unlikely to be ready to go on the kit.

I'd say it's just a prototype to show Munn and Co but apparently it was found in Malaysia :unsure:. I don't quite get that part.

Either way it's fucking rubbish. But better than the two away kits we've masqueraded as home kits over the last few seasons.