Melbourne Football

Matthew Leckie signs with Hertha Berlin

AlwaysHeart

7 minutes ago, AlwaysHeart said:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/socceroos-forward-mathew-leckie-signs-multiyear-deal-with-bundesliga-side-hertha-berlin/news-story/e5c5858e8ca8fc3b1d06c348b48f358b

Great news for the Socceroos. Leckie deserves to be playing in the Bundesliga he is too good to drop down a division. 

That's debatable. 

Definitely a squadie. 

9 minutes ago, AlwaysHeart said:

I would not be that harsh Strider i think he can play and he will get game time. 

All round decent move for Matthew Leckie. Hertha is a big club and living in Berlin is a great move. 

I would take that contract in a minute, but a couple of days is all you need in Berlin to realise despite the place being a National Capital with a National Stadium that not too many PPL really care about Hertha or Football in Berlin as in other parts of Germany.

5 minutes ago, cadete said:

I would take that contract in a minute, but a couple of days is all you need in Berlin to realise despite the place being a National Capital with a National Stadium that not too many PPL really care about Hertha or Football in Berlin as in other parts of Germany.

I understand your last line about not too many people caring about Hertha or football in Berlin there to cool for school i think that's their mentality. But they are still an iconic club i know if i was a pro i would be very proud to wear their jersey and they still have solid support from a loyal fanbase and a stunning stadium. 

All in all Matt Leckie is a player i like and think he is crucial to our chances at performing well at a WC if we get there that is. 

Edited by AlwaysHeart

5 minutes ago, AlwaysHeart said:

I understand your last line about not too many people caring about Hertha or football in Berlin there to cool for school i think that's their mentality. But they are still an iconic club i know if i was a pro i would be very proud to wear their jersey and they still have solid support from a loyal fanbase and a stunning stadium. 

All in all Matt Leckie is a player i like and think he is crucial to our chances at performing well at a WC if we get there that is. 

Resting hopes on Leckie. God help us. 

6 hours ago, Jovan said:

Leckie at international level is beyond him. If he can manage a starting spot at Berlin all power to him. I see him as soley a squad player and at best an impact of the bench player.

I would love to be proven wrong.

Hasn't he scored for the socceroos on the last few occasions ?

15 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Dont know why people bag him, he is an important player for the NT..

He was the fastest player in the Bundesliga at one point, not sure if anyone has overtaken him yet.

If pointing out he's the fastest player is the best attribute you can come up with then it doesn't say much about his football ability. 

Just now, n i k o said:

If pointing out he's the fastest player is the best attribute you can come up with then it doesn't say much about his football ability. 

If you don't think being the fastest player in one of the best leagues in the world is an important attribute then it doesn't say much about your football knowledge. 

20 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Dont know why people bag him, he is an important player for the NT..

He was the fastest player in the Bundesliga at one point, not sure if anyone has overtaken him yet.

This. 

Hes not the best player in our national squad but fmd we're talking about him like he's a shit cunt. I always thought his national team performances were always pretty solid tbh

2 minutes ago, Tesla said:

If you don't think being the fastest player in one of the best leagues in the world is an important attribute then it doesn't say much about your football knowledge. 

You've missed the point. I never said it wasn't important. It's an attribute that goes without saying in the best leagues isn't it, especially with wingers. If his speed is your way of convincing me he's a quality player then I'd actually question your football knowledge.  

• Like 1

He's a good and important player for the NT, he's generally played well for us however the knock on him is he doesnt score enough. Hopefully that will begin to turn a bit now he's started to break through a bit.

He's certainly far more effective as a player than Kruse in our setup.

1 hour ago, bt50 said:

He's a good and important player for the NT, he's generally played well for us however the knock on him is he doesnt score enough. Hopefully that will begin to turn a bit now he's started to break through a bit.

He's certainly far more effective as a player than Kruse in our setup.

Comparing him to Kruse does him no favours. 

As far as importance for the Socceroos yeah your probably right but it just shows that lack of quality wide players both attacking and defensive  (fbs) we have at the moment. 

To his credit he has scored in his last few games and a couple assists so maybe he will become the player some think he already is.

As far as Bundesliga. Good team to get a contract for and being a top 4 team and playing in Europe is a big bonus but I seriously doubt he will start many games.