Melbourne Football

UEFA Champions League

Young Polak

I don't like your chances tbh, your up against it.

Home stadium, home crowd, without 4 of your starting 11 defenders trying to contain that huge Bayern Attack of Muller, Gomez, Ribery, Robben, Kroos and Schweinestiger.

Of Bayerns 3 suspensions, Badstuber is probably Bayern's only big loss. Alaba and Luiz Gustavo will easily be covered.

Edited by LR9

Home stadium, home crowd,

Don't think you understand how the ticketing works for the CL final. I don't fully understand it myself but it's not a Bayern home game and as far as I know both clubs will get the same number of tickets so there will be a similar number of fans from each team in the stadium.

That said, Bayern have been really good at home in the CL this season, so it does give them a slight edge. Gomez stats at the Allianz arena in the CL this year are amazing. Something like 11 goals in 5 starts(1 sub) and the only game he hasn't scored in he was a sub. I would probably prefer to play a slightly weaker team at "home" than a stronger team at a Neutral venue in the CL final though.

without 4 of your starting 11 defenders trying to contain that huge Bayern Attack of Muller, Gomez, Ribery, Robben, Kroos and Schweinestiger.

Of Bayerns 3 suspensions, Badstuber is probably Bayern's only big loss. Alaba and Luiz Gustavo will easily be covered.

No need to be cynical now. Not sure how 11 defenders managed to score two goals at the Nou Camp? If anything Bayern's defence has been hurt more than Chelsea's as they have lost 3 of their best defensive players. Who is going to easily replace them and will they be able to cope with the likes of Drogba, Torres, Lampard, Mata and Sturridge.

I will admit to not having watched Bayern much this year or knowing their squad that well but, Ramires aside, I would say there is more clear replacements for the Chelsea than there is for Bayern

anyone know when the final will be played?

best of luck to both teams.

just for a laugh would love to see Torres score a screamer for the winning goal :P

But TBH, Bayern's defence is a lot stronger that Barca's (expecially without Pique), so Chelsea will have much of a harder time scoring goals.

But TBH, Bayern's defence is a lot stronger that Barca's (expecially without Pique), so Chelsea will have much of a harder time scoring goals.

I agree. Bayern do have 3 first choice defensive players out though.

"International players' union has asked UEFA to allow 6 banned Bayern & Chelsea players to be allowed to play Chps Lge final" From twitter. I hope common sense prevails and it is allowed, even if it favours Bayern more. Being suspended from the biggest game in club (arguably world) football for yellow cards is ridiculous.

Edited by Footballism

Definitely the biggest game of football in the world.

And it would be nice to see that happen. So I take it they propose Terry will still miss?

Yes, definitely. He is not included in the six players and I don't think Terry deserves to play after that red, but those who only got yellows certainly do deserve to play.

Not CL but there is no La Liga thread and this is a good video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwD3lnhV-k8

Most of you have probably seen it already but still a pretty interesting. Fuck barca and Madrid. Chelsea-Bayern final = a win for football.

• Like 2

Dumb luck? Absolutely retarded thing to say considering it was March when he was appointed, surely Roman would need some confident backing to appoint "cheap" Roberto.

If he was that great, cheaper than the original option and on your radar that long why not appoint him first. Elements of things falling into place nicely giving you this luxury.

Good on him however.

• Like 1

I agree. Bayern do have 3 first choice defensive players out though.

"International players' union has asked UEFA to allow 6 banned Bayern & Chelsea players to be allowed to play Chps Lge final" From twitter. I hope common sense prevails and it is allowed, even if it favours Bayern more. Being suspended from the biggest game in club (arguably world) football for yellow cards is ridiculous.

would be a win - win for both teams but also football in general.

biggest game in the world (except for World Cup's IMO) needs to have the best players possible playing.

IMO: Terry should never play for England again.

After Ranieri, Mou, Grant, Scolari, Ancelotti, Hiddink, Villas Boas he may have just stumbled on a solution from dumb luck.

Don't understand how hiring a chap who was obviously considered good enough can be put down to dumb luck?

If he was that great, cheaper than the original option and on your radar that long why not appoint him first. Elements of things falling into place nicely giving you this luxury.

Good on him however.

AVB was hired because of his impressive record and he was considered the new Mourinho. RDM's managerial record pre-Chelsea was nothing special, mostly because he hadn't had a chance.

Rumor is Pep might be considered for the job next year. I hope we keep Robbie though.

AVB was hired because of his impressive record and he was considered the new Mourinho. RDM's managerial record pre-Chelsea was nothing special, mostly because he hadn't had a chance.

Can't argue with these facts. Just feel that you can't have it both ways. They way things have fallen into place can't all be down to strategic planning. Happy for you lads though.

• Like 1

Rumor is Pep might be considered for the job next year. I hope we keep Robbie though.

I think that Abramovic always thought it was a mistake losing Mourinho, and saw AVB as the next 'Special One'. He was hoping/looking for similarities between the two.

the older brigade of Chelsea players had a problem showing respect to a Manager who is not too far off their own age.

Pep's true to his word. He wont be coaching Chelsea.

Edited by nicotera5

• 3 months later...

Draw tonight @ 1:45 AM Melbourne time.

Pot allocations:

Pot 1:

Chelsea

Barcelona

Manchester United

Bayern Munich

Real Madrid

Arsenal

Porto

Milan

Pot 2:

Valencia

Benfica

Shakhtar Donetsk

Zenit St. Petersburg

Schalke 04

Manchester City

Braga

Dynamo Kyiv

Pot 3:

Olympiacos

Ajax

Anderlecht

Juventus

Spartak Moscow

Paris Saint-Germain

Lille

Galatasary

Pot 4:

Celtic

Borussia Dortmund

BATE Borisov

Dinamo Zagreb

CFR Cluj

Malaga

Montpellier

Nordsjaelland

Imagine Barca, City, Juve & Dortmund in a group.

Indeed I do.

Ideal group; Schalke, Anderlecht, Celtic.

Combining location & difficulty together.

Ideal group for Ajax;

Arsenal, Kiev/Braga, Nordsjælland

Mate, I am obv not kidding myself about anything the days of us beating Man Utd and Juve like in the 2000's are long gone...

I would honestly be happy with some honourable results amongst the shite.

Mate, I am obv not kidding myself about anything the days of us beating Man Utd and Juve like in the 2000's are long gone...

I would honestly be happy with some honourable results amongst the shite.

Think you'll do okay, but the pots are very difficult this year; Juventus & PSG in 3, Dortmund in 4 - obviously you can't draw Dortmund, but 2nd/3rd will be a lot tougher this year.