Melbourne Football

UEFA Champions League

Young Polak

Doubt Dinamo will get more than a point or two no matter their group but I'll still be watching all their games. I reckon Real will win it this season, just got that feel. Personally would like to see Arsenal & Dortmund go far and wouldn't be surprised if Dynamo Kiev pulled out a few upsets.

EDIT - Can't wait to see Juve back in the CL

Edited by MaliMate

The European Cup was once a true European Comp where only reigning Champions from all over Europe from bloody Romania to fucken Brum could win the title of Champions of Europe.

The Champions League ruined that and all that remains is a trophy fought out by a select few with half of the winners these days not even being current champions.

The European Cup was once a true European Comp where only reigning Champions from all over Europe from bloody Romania to fucken Brum could win the title of Champions of Europe.

The Champions League ruined that and all that remains is a trophy fought out by a select few with half of the winners these days not even being current champions.

Boring.

Boring.

Exactly "Boring" is what the League is now, have look back at the teams that won and made finals in the old format and compare to those in the new format and there is no way u cant say that Comp is better in its current form.

European Football was so good in the old days that even that UEFA Cup was a decent comp and all the big teams would really try winning and this was in my time as a soccer watcher. In fact often the UEFA winning side would beat the EC winning side in the Super Cup.

In fact way back even the Cup Winners Cup was a half decent comp in its firs twenty as well.

Instead we now have one comp that anyone cares about and which is won every second by a side that is not even current champion of their domestic comp.

Exactly "Boring" is what the League is now, have look back at the teams that won and made finals in the old format and compare to those in the new format and there is no way u cant say that Comp is better in its current form.

European Football was so good in the old days that even that UEFA Cup was a decent comp and all the big teams would really try winning and this was in my time as a soccer watcher. In fact often the UEFA winning side would beat the EC winning side in the Super Cup.

In fact way back even the Cup Winners Cup was a half decent comp in its firs twenty as well.

Instead we now have one comp that anyone cares about and which is won every second by a side that is not even current champion of their domestic comp.

No, you're boring. You ramble on about this every time a match is played in the CL. If you don't like it, don't watch it.
  • Like 1

No, you're boring. You ramble on about this every time a match is played in the CL. If you don't like it, don't watch it.

Fair enough it is pretty boring, I guess u have been reading it for two years now so fair enough...

And I dont watch it...

But I just find it fucken annoying how all these EPL Flogs (Not the genuine EPL supporters on here) pop up in the SPL thread and say shit like "Crap League - Is this still Going?"

When it was only when I started Uni that Celtic had a side that got of their European Form who have defeated both the Chelsea and Man City sides of time - Who they had not even started supporting yet.

(We did defeat the Man Utd and Liverpool sides of the time).

But I agree to stop boring u with the same shitty facts I always post... :)

Edited by cadete

• 3 weeks later...

Quite disappointed with the Chelsea result tbh. Drawing with Juve isn't necessarily bad but you really shouldn't be losing a 2 goal lead. The performance was pretty poor though and we got what we deserved in the end. The worst part is now we either have to beat Juve at home or hope they drop more points against the other teams if we are to finish on top of the group.

Oscar was brilliant, not only because he scored 2 goals but he generally looked very sharp and did a top job marking pirlo out of the game. The second goal was fucking outstanding too. I can't remember being as impressed with a youngster as I have been with Oscar so far. Think he'll turn out to be our best buy this year tbh.

Other than Oscar though, I can't think of anyone else who had a good game for Chelsea. Torres was poor again and so was the defence. I hate to say it but I really don't think RDM knows what he is doing tactically.

You have to give some credit to Juve though, they played quite well and definitely deserved a point against the champions of Europe. I thought Vidal and Asamoah were particularly impressive for Juve and I could see them going pretty far in the competition this year.

I enjoyed the BATE and Cluj results too, even if they did fuck up my multi. Good to see the clubs from lesser countries performing well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dortmund's was still better in Manchester, but then again all good groups turnout well to all European matches.

Gelsenkirchen is a shithole and not only in comparison with Dortmund. Their crowd's are always bound to be better.

Haven't heard louder from a 2 to 1 seat packet pocket for quite a while.

Gunners fans walking out prove once again the massive divide between proper football fans and gimps in replica kits.

• 2 weeks later...

Was actually talking about Victor Moses, I knew you'd think it was about Vic Wanyama but yeah Celtic's Big Vic is boss as well.

Really good to see him playing well and getting a lot of game time at chelsea. He needed to move, plus i think we are better off without him too.

edit: Victor Moses that is.

Edited by sikre