Melbourne Football

To do or to not do that is the question.

Jovan

Just now, thisphantomfortress said:

This is correct, my house mate keeps them in the pantry and I constantly tell him how wrong he is.

Another thing he does is keeps tomatoes in the pantry, I keep them in the fridge.

Married a Chocolate in the pantry person... just makes no sense to me when you have Fridge there to keep it nice and cool. 

7 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

I don't eat bread so I don't care. But fridge or pantry? I've known people who keep it in the fridge which I don't think I would even consider

Just crazy talk.

Bread of any description must be in the cupboard. In fact my old man would not eat fresh bread. Had to minimum 2 or 3 days old. 

33 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

I don't eat bread so I don't care. But fridge or pantry? I've known people who keep it in the fridge which I don't think I would even consider

We buy lots of bread at a time and put it in the freezer. Then when you want bread you defrost/toast it. Means you don't have to keep throwing out mouldy bread.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Chocolate in pantry (unless it's like 40°C)

Tim tams in pantry

Bread in pantry

Tomatoes in pantry

Also I don't even call it a pantry. It's the cupboard.

Imo its a pantry if you can walk into it and a cupboard if you can't.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, malloy said:

Imo its a pantry if you can walk into it and a cupboard if you can't.

I can walk into my pantry/cupboard and close the door, but dunno if you're meant to. There's like a foot or so of space. So what's that called?

Edited by Jimmy

4 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

I can walk into my pantry/cupboard and close the door, but dunno if you're meant to. There's like a foot or so of space. So what's that called?

I think its pushing the boundaries, but if it wasn't designed for you to walk in to it then it is a cupboard (in my unprofessional/unqualified opinion)

1 hour ago, Hellenic Hero said:

How about dried fruit?

In sealable containers in the pantry. Unless it's moist - such as pitted prunes - when the moisture means the fridge. Otherwise (currants, raisins, sultanas, figs, dates, apricots etc.) the pantry.

Nuts sit in a ceramic container with lid on the kitchen bench. Because I'm always taking a few. 

• Like 2

On 05/13/2017 at 5:44 AM, HeartFc said:

Dismembered corpses are always tricky but I'm a big fan of:

• Organs - Freezer in the basement.
  • Limbs - Fridge in the garage.
  • Bones/skull - Tool shed.

I personally like to wear the skin.

• Like 2

On 11/05/2017 at 2:43 PM, haz said:

Living in the tropics everything once opened has to be in the fridge otherwise you'll be throwing out food/condiments every 2nd day.

Beat me to it haz. Was just thinking "you can tell none of you vastards have lived in the tropics. You'd have some bloody well fed ants if you did.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Shahanga said:

Beat me to it haz. Was just thinking "you can tell none of you vastards have lived in the tropics. You'd have some bloody well fed ants if you did.

Ants, flys, maggots, cockarochs. If we ever got maggots in the house bin we'd empty the garbage then let the cooks at it.

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Here's one for my office people. Coloured dot points in power point presentation, to do or not to do? 

Big no. Powerpoints should be as bland and simple as possible. Same as emails. Just get the information across in the quickest most effective way possible and leave it at that. Reminds me of a TTIM: people that make emails anything more than a formal exchange of information. Nothing irritates me more than people trying to be pleasant and have a conversation via email when they could just say the message in 10 words.

• Like 1