Melbourne Football

UEFA Europa League

Young Polak

I've noticed there isn't a topic made for this in the World Football area, I'll start off by spreading the news of my team Legia Warsaw. From Poland , they haven't advanced through group stage since 1996, entering the quarter final in the Champions League. Now after roughly 16 years they have advanced from group stage and now playing in the Round of 32, against Sporting Clube de Portugal. First match was a 2:2 (H) and now Legia will have to play away tonight at

21:05CET (20:05 local time). It will be one heck of a match for my team and it is obviously a must win to advance into the last 16, they have achieved a lot so far and it has been one emotional season for them. Their fan base has compiled a video on their road to the Europa League. Here it is:

What is your team? Predictions?

Schalke drew 1-1 away against Viktoria Plzen and surely should progress with the return leg tomorrow morning in Gelsenkirchen.

The winner of the tie will progress to play FC Twente or FC Steaua Buchurest. Hopefully we play Twente as the two side have extremely strong ties.

• Like 1

I think City will win it, had a little bet on them in December so I am rooting for them. But if not them I would like to see Bilbao go far, very enjoyable team to watch, good youngsters + Llorente is a machine. Fancy them to knock United out tbh.

More likely than not Round of 16 matches as some games are still going:

Metalist v Olympiakos

Man City v Sporting Lisbon

Twente v Schalke (Or Plzen)

Standard Liege v Hannover

Valencia v PSV

Udinese v AZ

Atletico Madrid v Besiktas

Manchester United v Bilbao

Valencia v PSV & United v Bilbao should be good viewing.

Edited by MaliMate

You can only hope.

Competition has been irrelevant since 2008.

It was relevant before 08?

Maybe in the early years it was relevant but it hasn't been relevant for a lot longer than 08.

Edited by Tesla

• 2 weeks later...

Woody you kent, watch the Schalke - Bilbao game the other morning mate?

Raul fuck me, leading 2-1. Bilbao score against the run of play and win 4-2 iirc. Llorente, Munain etc... Sexual phases of play, the Basques are rising, well only in this tournament.

Jones is fucking shit, don't know why you still have him on the books after loaning the kent out last year.

• 3 weeks later...

Semifinal 20/04 05:05 Atlético Madrid Valencia CF Estadio Vicente Calderón - 05:05 Sporting Lisbon Athletic Bilbao Estádio José Alvalade 27/04 05:05 Valencia CF Atlético Madrid Mestalla - 05:05 Athletic Bilbao Sporting Lisbon San Mamés

Awkward no one is talking in this thread since 31 March, here's the fixtures for the semi final, discuss

Edited by Young Polak

Semifinal 20/04 05:05 Atlético Madrid Valencia CF Estadio Vicente Calderón - 05:05 Sporting Lisbon Athletic Bilbao Estádio José Alvalade 27/04 05:05 Valencia CF Atlético Madrid Mestalla - 05:05 Athletic Bilbao Sporting Lisbon San Mamés

Awkward no one is talking in this thread since 31 March, here's the fixtures for the semi final, discuss

I have said everything that needs to be said. Bilbao FTW, Llorente to rape Lisbon.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The question is, do Tottenham have an answer for Rodrigo Palacio?

I doubt they have come across a player of his quality in the EPL or Europe this season.

looks like inter still haven't come across an answer for Bale yet....

Spurs may have dominated, but Bale wasn't really that threatening for the majority of the match.