• Malik
    • Colazo
    • Kamau
    • Fornaroli
    • Cahill
    • Fitzgerald
    • Brattan
    • Caceras

The energy, such as it was, of the second half led me to Fitzgerald and Caceres as the only possible candidates. In the end I went for Fitzgerald.

For the future I think we need a new model for this competition. Plenty of time to think about it.

40 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

The energy, such as it was, of the second half led me to Fitzgerald and Caceres as the only possible candidates. In the end I went for Fitzgerald.

For the future I think we need a new model for this competition. Plenty of time to think about it.

Personally, I prefer the 3, 2, 1 system for each game. The gross votes are heavily skewed to our good games - most people don't even bother voting with games like last night. 

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

I'd also like to see minus votes as well, so +3, +2, +1 and -1

14 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

At the end of the season it would look like the end of a Stephen Fry "QI" show - everyone with a negative score.

Well that would be a fairly accurate reflection of this season then wouldn't it? Allowing only a -1 vote still rewards good performances but balances this by acknowledging poor ones too

8 hours ago, Blackout said:

Personally, I prefer the 3, 2, 1 system for each game. The gross votes are heavily skewed to our good games - most people don't even bother voting with games like last night. 

I believe the voting is normalised in some manner, but I can't exactly recall what way was decided upon.

17 hours ago, malloy said:

I believe the voting is normalised in some manner, but I can't exactly recall what way was decided upon.

Every game the voting is tallied, highest votes gets 3 second 2 third 1, and that's the votes that goes towards the player of season

I think highest voting we got was up around 70 for the 4-1 win against victory, lowest was 14 for the game against Newcastle in coffs 

Am happy to take on suggestions though 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Harrison said:

Perhaps this has never happened before but what happens in the event of a tie for one match? 

There has been ties,

There was a tie for MOTM in one game so both got 3 votes but there was no 2 votes given

And multiple times there has been a tie for 3rd. So each player got 1 vote

Look at the player of season thread, it will make sense in there as votes for first 18 weeks are up 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Inferno said:

player of the season...fitzgerald @playmaker

Dont give a shit who wins POTS because as a team we didnt make Asia or win the final, so we failed.

Amongst the trash delivered this match I thought Rose busted his gut for the whole 90 mins, he might not be as polished as some others but he gets my vote for showing more ticker than anyone else on the pitch. Hope he stays for next season as he suits a 4 back and runs the line hard all game.

• 2 weeks later...