Go

Malik

Muscat

Rose

Retre

Brattan

Colazo

The rest I'm undecided on

(I know most players still have a year left on their contracts)

Edited by haz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, haz said:

Stay

Bouzanis (due to contract)

Jakobsen

Franjic

Tonyik

Caceras

Fitzy

Kamau

Fornaroli

Go

Malik

Muscat

Rose

Retre

Brattan

Colazo

Pretty much right on the money for mine. Caceras looked like the only bloke that had ever played football when he came on. How he hasn't had more time at number 10 is beyond me.

• Like 6

100% Stay

Franjic,  Kilkenny, Kamau,  Fitzgerald, Arzani,  Cahill,  Tongyik,  Jakobsen,  Fornaroli

More Than Happy To Stay

Caceras,  Bouzanis, Kuzi

Probably Leave

Brattan,  Rose

100% Leave

Colazo,  Muscat,  Sorenson,  Gamiero

50/50

Malik,  Brandan [only due to injury and visa spot]

2 hours ago, haz said:

Stay

Bouzanis (due to contract)
Jakobsen
Franjic
Tonyik
Caceras
Fitzy
Kamau
Fornaroli

Go

Malik
Muscat
Rose
Retre
Brattan
Colazo

The problem we have is that quite a few players have at least one more season left on their contracts. The only players coming out of contract are:
OUT OF CONTRACT
Goalkeepers.
1                      Thomas Sorensen (V) 31/5/17.
 Defenders.
3                      Josh Rose                    31/5/17.

Midfielders.
10                    Anthony Caceres          31/5/17. On loan from Manchester City, England.
26                    Luke Brattan                 31/5/17. On loan from Manchester City, England.
9                      Nicolas Colazo (M,V)    31/5/17. On loan from Boca Juniors, Argentina.

Forwards.
28                    Steve Kuzmanovski      31/5/17. Season-ending ACL injury.
7                      Corey Gameiro              31/5/17. Season-ending ACL injury.

Of the above, the only one I'd like back is Anthony Caceres. Players with seasons still left on their contracts that I'd be moving on if I could include Bouzanis, Franjic, Malik, Jakobsen, Muscat and Kamau. Our performance was so gutless tonight that I'd be looking at a couple more as well.

HAHAHAHAHAHA THIS FORUM IS FUCKING DELIRIOUS 

STAY:
CACERES (BEST ATTACKING THREAT FROM MIDFIELD)
FITZY (BEST ATTACKING THREAT OUT WIDE)
CAHILL (BEST ATTACKING THREAT PERIOD)
KILKENNY (ANIMAL IN THE MIDDLE)

REST CAN GET ABSOLUTELY FUCKED. IF YOU THINK OTHERWISE YOU'RE WRONG. 
THIS INCLUDES THAT BRUNO FLOG. NO GOAL IN 5 GAMES, PISS WEAK EFFORT AT A STRIKER MARQUEE. EASILY REPLACED WITH CAHILL IN HIS DOMINANT POSITION (CAHILL SCORED MORE PLAYING BEHIND BRUNO LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, strider said:

HAHAHAHAHAHA THIS FORUM IS FUCKING DELIRIOUS 

STAY:
CACERES (BEST ATTACKING THREAT FROM MIDFIELD)
FITZY (BEST ATTACKING THREAT OUT WIDE)
CAHILL (BEST ATTACKING THREAT PERIOD)
KILKENNY (ANIMAL IN THE MIDDLE)

REST CAN GET ABSOLUTELY FUCKED. IF YOU THINK OTHERWISE YOU'RE WRONG. 
THIS INCLUDES THAT BRUNO FLOG. NO GOAL IN 5 GAMES, PISS WEAK EFFORT AT A STRIKER MARQUEE. EASILY REPLACED WITH CAHILL IN HIS DOMINANT POSITION (CAHILL SCORED MORE PLAYING BEHIND BRUNO LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

If tim cahill took all the penalties this season. He could have won the goldern boot with 22 goals or something around there

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chris p said:

Mass cleanouts is retarded logic. getting rid of 5 or so and recruiting well with a good coach will be key 

What I don't like is the fact that we've already started signing players (Genreau, Pieiras, Delaniov - albeit youth players) to the senior squad before our new Head Coach is appointed. Surely the coaching appointment should come first?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

What I don't like is the fact that we've already started signing players (Genreau, Pieiras, Delaniov - albeit youth players) to the senior squad before our new Head Coach is appointed. Surely the coaching appointment should come first?

For the most part i agree, but there are also times where you really can't afford to sit around months and months. You have to be able to back your technical director to a certain extent  

1 hour ago, HeartOfCity said:

Im not sure putting this up after such a performance is a great idea but is there a way we can draw comparisons between us this year and Sydney last year. Its like they took that year to gel and know each others game

that was meant to be our last year lolz

9 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Doesn't matter - have a look at the players (Paulo Retre, Jack Clisby, Connor Chapman and Jacob Melling) we signed at the same time last year only Retre remains

STAY

Franjic

Tonyik

Caceras

Fitzy

Kamau - for the bench

Kilkenny

Cahill - for the bench

Those random young kids who made cameos in the last few rounds

GO

Everyone else

Fornaroli I'd be tempted to keep but he under performed this season. If he wasn't marque I'd hold onto him til Jan and see how he went but because you can only have 2 marques per season total we can't take the risk.

15 minutes ago, Deeming said:

STAY

Franjic

Tonyik

Caceras

Fitzy

Kamau - for the bench

Kilkenny

Cahill - for the bench

GO

Everyone else

Fornaroli I'd be tempted to keep but he under performed this season. If he wasn't marque I'd hold onto him til Jan and see how he went but because you can only have 2 marques per season total we can't take the risk.

You'd keep, for example, Franjic and Kamau, but dump Fornaroli? Glad you're not our "Talent Management" man.

Stay

@bt50 - is a car

@GreenSeater

@jw1739 - despite his age still gives his all

@strider - but only under the cap

Go

@KSK_47 - he's offered a lot to the forum and hes probably a forum legend but I think his times up

@playmaker

@xXCiTyZeNXx

@kingofhearts2 & @kingofhearts3 - pale imitations of their former selves

On the fence

@Embee - lot of attitude problems showing through, but I think he has the raw talent.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Deeming said:

STAY

Franjic

Tonyik

Caceras

Fitzy

Kamau - for the bench

Kilkenny

Cahill - for the bench

GO

Everyone else

If we get rid of Forna, I'll lose it.

I think that we need at least 1 experienced CB and an experienced playmaker. Any further change depends on the new coach and the tactics he wants to use to implement the style but our real problem isn't personnel as we all know. The most crucial appointment is the new coaching staff that can do well with the man management and the team culture - this has always been our major problem and has remained a constant in every iteration of the mens team. The only other change I'd make is to remove the captaincy from Bruno

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

I think that we need at least 1 experienced CB and an experienced playmaker. Any further change depends on the new coach and the tactics he wants to use to implement the style but our real problem isn't personnel as we all know. The most crucial appointment is the new coaching staff that can do well with the man management and the team culture - this has always been our major problem and has remained a constant in every iteration of the mens team. The only other change I'd make is to remove the captaincy from Bruno

New coaching staff is crucial but watching last night and having this mentioned before, we do have a staffing issues - recently other teams seem to be so much more skillful with basic stuff like controlling, turning and passing. Malik and Rose for example seem to struggle with level of the league going up. 

Yes, the first thing Gombau did at Adelaide was to teach the players basic skills like trapping the ball and passing the ball. I think that passing under pressure is our main skill problem, balls are usually over or under hit and often bobble rather that run smoothly, it makes trapping and controlling the ball more complex for the receiving player and slows their response

2 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Stay

@bt50 - is a car

@GreenSeater

@jw1739 - despite his age still gives his all

@strider - but only under the cap

Go

@KSK_47 - he's offered a lot to the forum and hes probably a forum legend but I think his times up

@playmaker

@xXCiTyZeNXx

@kingofhearts2 & @kingofhearts3 - pale imitations of their former selves

On the fence

@Embee - lot of attitude problems showing through, but I think he has the raw talent.

I hate to be "that guy" but I've been attracting some pretty stong interest from several European club forums, as well as a few cashed up forums from China. I would really like to test my posting ability at the highest possible level, but I may be tempted to hang around if I were upgraded to forum marquee status.

• Like 1

To have a squad capable of challenging you need (relative to A-league standard):

1 good GK, 1 solid GK

3 solid FBs

2 good CBs, 2 solid CBs

2 good CMs/CDMs, 2 solid CM/CDMs

3 good LWs/RWs, 1 solid LW/RW

2 good CAMs/CFs, 1 solid CAM/CF

That's a total of 20, then add a few youth players. It's good practice to have some utility players, but they should almost be good enough to compete for spots in their main positions. Sydney have the perfect mix. I'm not saying it is easy to do, especially in a salary capped league, but it is certainly possible. 

The problem, as everyone knows, is our defense. We had one good CB (who was injured a while), a solid CB (who we sold in January), a youth CB and three utility CBs. We had one good FB and two average FBs. And even then, Franjic has been more solid than good. I don't think Rose and Muscat are solid, probably average. 

Then you add one good GK (who gets dropped) and replace him with one average GK and you have a recipe for disaster.

We never had the right mix. It was obvious early on. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, n i k o said:

This club has fucked with some of you in a way that's not normal. 

We were talking last night about those old blokes at pubs that it there by themselves and drink their beers really slow. You'd know the ones, they stare into the distance and there is nothingness behind their eyes. That's where this club is sending me.

Edited by thisphantomfortress
  • Like 1

Only coaching staff should be sacked. All players should stay.

Yes, even under-performing Brattan and Bruce.

If CFG could scout us a new attacking midfielder for the next season would be a bonus but otherwise I am 99.99% sure that a proper coach would make "Invincibles" with our current squad this season.

• Like 1