Melbourne Football

EF 2: Melbourne City vs Perth Glory, 23/04/17, 7:00pm, AAMI Park

haz

Gutless. Absolutely fucking gutless. Could hardlyĀ get a shot away against a defence that included Marc Warren and has conceded the most goals in the league this year. Just no ideas, no creativity, no desire. The worst part is that I expected nothing else. 4th place and out in the first round of the finals with the most expensive squad in league history. This season has been an absooute disgrace. Heads must roll over this. Absolutely pathetic. Get fucked Melbourne City.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Hellenic Hero said:

Seeing Bruno cry almost made me cry:(

I would also cry if was a professional footballer with no left foot, I mean no left at all - need to tackle to get it back on my right.

Maybe he cried out of happiness, as he has another 1 million to earn next year with no left foot.

1 minute ago, Mr MO said:

I would also cry if was a professional footballer with no left foot, I mean no left at all - need to tackle to get it back on my right.

Maybe he cried out of happiness, as he has another 1 million to earn next year with no left foot.

Hallelujah...

Whats the definition of insanity again?

-Kamau picked over fitzy and plays shit..... again

-Cahill and Bruno on the field not working together. Plays them together anyway.

I could not believe we had a starting line-up including both a CB's, malik and kilkenny. How defensive do we want to get? Our best two most creative midfielders were sitting on the bench, what did valkanis expect to happen?

Just so so dissapointed, the offseason could not come quickly enough imo

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

He sooked down the race with his head down and didn't even acknowledge the supporting fans, bad form Bruno, really bad.

4 minutes ago, HeartOfCity said:

Really???? The team pretty much got booed off. I would have gone straight down the race to and just put that game behind me.Ā 

He is our captain and he was getting clapped as he was coming off. And they were mostly kids anyway. I think it's poor form how he conducted himself.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hellenic Hero said:

Why did active sing Yarraside chants in the second half:tooth:

Because those songs are the highlights of our existence. Brattan and Kilkenny have no songs just likeĀ many other players. Ā  Why sing for players who get more many moneyĀ than any other team (on average) but don't show it!Ā 

Perth is nothing without Castro but they gambled right, we paid for Cahill but realised you actually need players who can cross and we can't bench our caption either, as these guys seem to be in each other's way. I've seen Bruno play on the side lines today because there is no room for him.

21 minutes ago, playmaker said:

He sooked down the race with his head down and didn't even acknowledge the supporting fans, bad form Bruno, really bad.

Don't bullshit, he came over to active

18 minutes ago, Hellenic Hero said:

Why did active sing Yarraside chants in the second half:tooth:

Everything was in shambles, might as well have a laugh and take the piss instead

I'm not angry, Ā I'm not happy, I'm not frustrated, I'm not even disappointed. I honestly feel nothing right at the moment, 12 months ago we lost to Adelaide and i was shatteredĀ 

And I'm guessing I'm not only one to feel like thisĀ 

Ā 

Team selection was crap, Ā you play Malik CB and Brattan midfield for last 6 weeks, Ā Bloody stay with it. Valkanis got scared off by last week where Lowe backed in his system that got them hereĀ 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jeffplz said:

I was in active.. he came to active.Ā another instance of great logic by playmaker

Obviously you don't know what the race is. I will be educate you, it's where they walk off the ground then down the tunnel. Being in the active area you wouldn't know wtf happened. So stfu.

8 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Obviously you don't know what the race is. I will be educate you, it's where they walk off the ground then down the tunnel. Being in the active area you wouldn't know wtf happened. So stfu.

"Being in active you wouldn't know if he came over to active" is basically the logic here.

Another quality post.Ā :up:

Also, get fucked City you absolute shitcunts.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, playmaker said:

You made it sound like he didnt come to the fans at all but that isnt true, thats my whole point

8 minutes ago, Embee said:

"Being in active you wouldn't know if he came over to active" is basically the logic here.

Another quality post.Ā :up:

Also, get fucked City you absolute shitcunts.

Ā 

8 minutes ago, jeffplz said:

You made it sound like he didnt come to the fans at all but that isnt true, thats my whole point

Re-read my post and it's quite clear what I said. And I quote:

57 minutes ago, playmaker said:

And

44 minutes ago, playmaker said:

He is our captain and he was getting clapped as he was coming off. And they were mostly kids anyway. I think it's poor form how he conducted himself.

Anyway whatever, not my problem if people can't read

1 hour ago, GreenSeater said:

Gutless. Absolutely fucking gutless. Could hardlyĀ get a shot away against a defence that included Marc Warren and has conceded the most goals in the league this year. Just no ideas, no creativity, no desire. The worst part is that I expected nothing else. 4th place and out in the first round of the finals with the most expensive squad in league history. This season has been an absooute disgrace. Heads must roll over this. Absolutely pathetic. Get fucked Melbourne City.

Ā 

20 minutes ago, neio said:

I'm not angry, Ā I'm not happy, I'm not frustrated, I'm not even disappointed. I honestly feel nothing right at the moment, 12 months ago we lost to Adelaide and i was shatteredĀ 

And I'm guessing I'm not only one to feel like thisĀ 

Team selection was crap, Ā you play Malik CB and Brattan midfield for last 6 weeks, Ā Bloody stay with it. Valkanis got scared off by last week where Lowe backed in his system that got them hereĀ 

Basically I agree with the above. Probably the worst game I've seen the team play in eitherĀ Heart orĀ City jerseys. I never want the team to lose, but I confess that I'm glad that the season is over and that, as we understand it, by failing to qualify for the ACL we have not met CFG's objectives for us forĀ the season. I therefore hope that heads roll.

Clearly none of the interim coaching staff are ready for a senior coaching role. As others have said, not to start Caceres and Fitzgerald, to persist with playing Fornaroli and Cahill when it has not worked at any stage of the season, and to leave Sorensen to rot on the bench, is just stupid.Ā I will allow for the interim coaching team to point to our known defensive weaknesses right from the start of the season, but that's all I will allow them.

Normally we pin everything on the coaches rather than the players, but tonight there were some gutless and inept performances from a number of players. To talk the talk that we've seen this past week and then come out and play like that...just unacceptable. Our passing was dreadful, our thought processes slow, our use of the ball glacial, movement off the ball virtually non-existent. Only in the last 20 minutes or so did we look as if we cared a shit. I've never seen our back line so inept - Franjic and Malik looked as though this was their first ever game, and it's kind to Jakobsen and Rose to say that they were very, very average. Kamau - worst ever match for the club, likewise Brattan -why must he put his foot on the ball every time he gets it?

The problem I see that we have is that many of the players have at least one more year on their contracts. It's going to hard to move on players if they don't want to go.

Incredibly disappointing night for us, the fans, especially those of us who have been here from the start. We were let down by the club tonight.

• Like 4

Our season was basically summed up in 90 minuted. Fkn woeful. Absolutely no heart or desire out there tonight it was fkn a disgrace to watch tbh. A loss like this has been building all season. Valkanis was never the right man to take over. Poor lineup and poor tactics week in week out leaves us all so frustrated. Even when we did win this season we did it ugly.

Shit night

Also how the fuck does Josh Rose stay on for the full 90 tonight? Absolute hopeless cunt FOAD