Melbourne Football

EF 2: Melbourne City vs Perth Glory, 23/04/17, 7:00pm, AAMI Park

haz

5 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

They did a poll the other day, did come across as petty though. Just wait until the imp gets smashed up again and they'll be on their asses looking for a new place

True- I thought the Mong terrace was gone, but I noticed them in the corner at their most recent game?

1 hour ago, jeffplz said:

Just checked facebook, apparently so. And damn do they need a graphic designer lol

It's not funny anymore, hey. The new leaders are doing a bang up job besides their graphic design work. I dread the day A League Memes discovers it.

45 minutes ago, Hellenic Hero said:

True- I thought the Mong terrace was gone, but I noticed them in the corner at their most recent game?

They're definitely back.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, haz said:

Just to put into perspective how shit we are.

"City have beaten top-six opposition just twice all season, the last being three months ago — a 1-0 win over Western Sydney."

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-19/write-me-and-city-off-at-your-peril-warns-cahill/8454514?pfmredir=sm

We took 19 points from the 14 matches for which Valkanis has been in charge. And we finished fourth. Makes the A-League look like a Mickey Mouse competition really. 

If you beat each of the bottom four clubs three times in a season, and scratch a handful of draws from the remaining 15 matches then you will "make finals" every season. With a 6-team finals system in a 10-team league, "making finals" is a completely unworthy objective for a club such as Melbourne City. If you're struggling, like Newcastle or CCM, then it it is OK because it means you are improving. But not for City with its players and resources.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Can you get to a Ticketek outlet, or call them to try and sort it?

If l had 3 hrs to spare for calling until l got through and a further 1hr to be left on hold, then l would call but simply don't have the time. Their customer service is the worst I've ever come across. Even Indians would do better.

l'll keep trying until l get behind the goals.

53 minutes ago, haz said:

Just to put into perspective how shit we are.

"City have beaten top-six opposition just twice all season, the last being three months ago — a 1-0 win over Western Sydney."

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-19/write-me-and-city-off-at-your-peril-warns-cahill/8454514?pfmredir=sm

The other time was Round 2

18 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

If l had 3 hrs to spare for calling until l got through and a further 1hr to be left on hold, then l would call but simply don't have the time. Their customer service is the worst I've ever come across. Even Indians would do better.

l'll keep trying until l get behind the goals.

I just went into the web-site and did a dummy purchase of 6 adult City Blue seats in Bay 15 (but didn't pay of course) and I could get those with no trouble. I couldn't choose which seats, nor could I find a way to change them, but I could certainly buy them if I had wanted to. They were about half way back in Bay 15.

I first selected the category I wanted and then the Bay. Doesn't seem an issue except you can't choose the seats. It seems to me you can choose the bay.

Edited by jw1739

44 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

We took 19 points from the 14 matches for which Valkanis has been in charge. And we finished fourth. Makes the A-League look like a Mickey Mouse competition really. 

Which is pretty close to an average 33.33% WLD record for Valkanis.

Edited by malloy

19 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I just went into the web-site and did a dummy purchase of 6 adult City Blue seats in Bay 15 (but didn't pay of course) and I could get those with no trouble. I couldn't choose which seats, nor could I find a way to change them, but I could certainly buy them if I had wanted to. They were about half way back in Bay 15.

I first selected the category I wanted and then the Bay. Doesn't seem an issue except you can't choose the seats. It seems to me you can choose the bay.

I owe you a beer. Got my 6 tickets. We're ganna win the GF!

Next.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

I owe you a beer. Got my 6 tickets. We're ganna win the GF!

Next.

Pleased to have helped. It would be so simple if the Ticketek site set out the process in bullet point form. Also it took me about 5 minutes to even find the match on the site. I got rugby and every other sport except football.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, xXCiTyZeNXx said:

We will either beat Perth 5-1 or lose 1-5 

😂😂 who knows whats gonna happen anymore. All i know is we have a team to go all the way 

If the team clicks and we defend well, 5-1 win is not out of the question. We have the players and fire power no doubt, they just need clarity and organisation.

1 hour ago, playmaker said:

If the team clicks and we defend well, 5-1 win is not out of the question. We have the players and fire power no doubt, they just need clarity and organisation.

Ever watched Castaway?

Having conversations with your multi is very Wilsonesque.

• Like 3