Melbourne Football

EF 2: Melbourne City vs Perth Glory, 23/04/17, 7:00pm, AAMI Park

haz

59 minutes ago, R410 said:

you can blame the club, if we had of won SundayĀ we would have finished 3rd and most likely played Perth Friday night

Half right - we'd have finished 3rd and be playing Perth, but we'd beĀ still playing Sunday night due to Brisbane and WSW's ACL commitments on Wednesday.

24 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Half right - we'd have finished 3rd and be playing Perth, but we'd beĀ still playing Sunday night due to Brisbane and WSW's ACL commitments on Wednesday.

If we were still Heart they never would have made us play at 7 on a Sunday

1 minute ago, Dylan said:

If we were still Heart they never would have made us play at 7 on a Sunday

Stupid Plastic City. Bring Back Heart. Against Modern Football.

2 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

This sucks! I can't pick my seats. Keeps throwing me in Bay 2. I want behind the goals. Does anyone know if behind the goals are sold out?

It's GA, you can't reserve a seat there...

54 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

I'm after City Blue

I wish we could move away from Ticketek for football and use a site where you can choose the exact seats that you want. Why does everything to do with FFA have to be so bloody difficult? No wonder support for the A-League is stagnating.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Costa said:

Someone at the clubs pretty confident we won't be there come Prelim finals!!!

IMG_2874.PNG

I'd say the club have had confirmation on finals dates if we get past Perth. We all know that a semi against the tards will be a Friday night. Would be safe to assume that a Sydney final would be on Sunday which is shit for people who'd wanna travel.

Ā 

Will say though $250 is fuckin steepĀ 

Admission from Greg O'Rourke (Head of the A-League) in an articleĀ in today's Herald-Sun that the KO time is designed purely to attract a bigger TV audience and that FFA is aware that it is "family-unfriendly" (my words) in terms of the likely attendance at the actual match.

The quicker we get an independent league and start thinking about the actual football fan the better.

1 minute ago, jw1739 said:

Admission from Greg O'Rourke (Head of the A-League) in an articleĀ in today's Herald-Sun that the KO time is designed purely to attract a bigger TV audience and that FFA is aware that it is "family-unfriendly" (my words) in terms of the likely attendance at the actual match.

The quicker we get an independent league and start thinking about the actual football fan the better.

Although I dislike the running of FFA, I think it's got more to do with the league being run by Foxtel. As I think Tes(?) mentioned, there's even Foxtel people in the tunnel to tell players when to head out etc. In terms of TV deals, time slots and player/team coverage I think there needs to be greater competition to Foxtel, but unfortunately there is none.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jw1739 said:

I wish we could move away from Ticketek for football and use a site where you can choose the exact seats that you want. Why does everything to do with FFA have to be so bloody difficult? No wonder support for the A-League is stagnating.

It's aami park unfortunately as Etihad use ticketmaster you can pick the seats there

1 hour ago, [LIBBA] said:

I'd say the club have had confirmation on finals dates if we get past Perth. We all know that a semi against the tards will be a Friday night. Would be safe to assume that a Sydney final would be on Sunday which is shit for people who'd wanna travel.

Ā 

Will say though $250 is fuckin steepĀ 

I'd be very confident that we'll play Friday no matter what next week should we get through. Victory will play at AAMI if its not against us.

I went to the POTY last year, expensive yes, but it was bloody fantastic. Would def fork out to go if I didnt already have something on.

33 minutes ago, bt50 said:

I'd be very confident that we'll play Friday no matter what next week should we get through. Victory will play at AAMI if its not against us.

I went to the POTY last year, expensive yes, but it was bloody fantastic. Would def fork out to go if I didnt already have something on.

What was so good about it?Ā 

2 hours ago, [LIBBA] said:

I don't understand this at all. We don't know who or when or where or even if we are playing that weekend.

If results go to current ladder positions, we'll be playing Sydney up there. If that isn't Friday, then it will be Saturday or Sunday. If Saturday, then who'll be there from the men's team. If Sunday, wouldn't the last thing you need be a late night immediately before a game?

Just don't get the thinking behind it.

6 minutes ago, rass said:

I don't understand this at all. We don't know who or when or where or even if we are playing that weekend.

If results go to current ladder positions, we'll be playing Sydney up there. If that isn't Friday, then it will be Saturday or Sunday. If Saturday, then who'll be there from the men's team. If Sunday, wouldn't the last thing you need be a late night immediately before a game?

now that you've mentioned it, you're spot on. Normally the team least the day before they're meant to play.

I think @bt50Ā was spot on in saying we will more than likely play Friday night no matter who it is and that was the reasoning.Ā 

Ā 

31 minutes ago, rass said:

Neither do I. However, the one thing that this season has confirmed to me is that if you are going to support this club then you have to expect the bizarre, the disappointing, the unpredictable, and the downright incomprehensible.

When I feel this way I just putĀ sky blue colouringĀ into my bathwater and then I feel better again.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, [LIBBA] said:

now that you've mentioned it, you're spot on. Normally the team least the day before they're meant to play.

I think @bt50Ā was spot on in saying we will more than likely play Friday night no matter who it is and that was the reasoning.Ā 

Ā 

The fixturing around finals usually works in order of the following priorities:

1) Ground availability

2) ACL Committments

3) Ladder Position/Club preference

4) Maximising attendances/viewers

In the case of next week, Etihad is ONLY available Friday, so if their is a derby it will be Friday night. Lock it in. AAMI is available all three days.

Allianz is unavailable Friday, but available Saturday and Sunday, whilst ANZ is available for Friday and Sunday. I strongly doubt Sydney will play at ANZ unless its a Sydney derby however.

Tbh I actually thought Allianz was available Friday night as well, but given it isnt it will likely be Victory hosting Friday and Sydney Saturday/Sunday no matter what. Victory will play at AAMI unless playing City. The fact the POTY is on Saturday night makes me think it will have to be a Sunday final for Sydney, otherwise they wouldnt have announced it.

Ā 

Last years POTY was on the Saturday night before the Perth final, obviously the players werent drinking.

1 hour ago, eric forman said:

What was so good about it?Ā 

Dunno, was just a really good night. Really well ran, Scott Munn's speech was really inspiring, you were able to mingle with and chat to the players, red carpet photographer with the players etc, and then an after party with the staff. I got the feel it was their 'xmas party'.

Plus i got fucking maggoted.

Edited by bt50

18 minutes ago, bt50 said:

The fixturing around finals usually works in order of the following priorities:

1) Ground availability

2) ACL Committments

3) Ladder Position/Club preference

4) Maximising attendances/viewers

In the case of next week, Etihad is ONLY available Friday, so if their is a derby it will be Friday night. Lock it in. AAMI is available all three days......

In this morning's Herald-Sun Greg O'Rourke (Head of the A-League) is quoted as saying any Melbourne derby in the finals matches will be at Etihad. The article also says that both clubs are in favour of that.

Edited by jw1739

19 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

In this morning's Herald-Sun Greg O'Rourke (Head of the A-League) is quoted as saying any Melbourne derby in the finals matches will be at Etihad. The article also says that both clubs are in favour of that.

I don't particularly like that especially if we earn the right 1 day to host a final against Victory and we play it at their home ground. That doesn't sit well with me.
We need to become a ruthless club

4 minutes ago, InMyHeart said:

I don't particularly like that especially if we earn the right 1 day to host a final against Victory and we play it at their home ground. That doesn't sit well with me.
We need to become a ruthless club

We can be as ruthless as we want and it wont mean shit as the finals are controled by the FFA.

It will all come down to how much money they will make playing at Etihad as a posed to AAMI.

1 hour ago, [LIBBA] said:

We can be as ruthless as we want and it wont mean shit as the finals are controled by the FFA.

It will all come down to how much money they will make playing at Etihad as a posed to AAMI.

IMO the clubs will eventually force FFA to accept an independently run league, and then we might see appropriate changes. In the meantime the clubs have no option but to cop it.

I have just received my "ezytickets" by e-mail.

Edited by jw1739