3-1 Win

Elimination Final 2

Melbourne City v Perth Glory
23 April 2016
AAMI Park
Kick-off: 7pm (AEST)
Gates Open: 5.30pm (AEST)

When to purchase:

• Home Member Same Seat Window | 10am (AEST) Monday 17 April - 9am (AEST) Tuesday 18 April
  • Home Member Non-Reserved Seat Window | 10am (AEST) Monday 17 April - 4pm (AEST) Tuesday 18 April
  • Away Member Window | 10am (AEST) Monday 17 April - 4pm (AEST) Tuesday 18 April
  • Football Family Window | 12pm (AEST) Tuesday 18 April - 4pm (AEST) Tuesday 18 April
  • General Public on sale | 4pm (AEST) Tuesday 18 April

How much are tickets?

• City Class - Adult $110
  • City Gold - Adult $69, Concession $59, Child $49, Family $138
  • City Silver - Adult $59, Concession $49, Child $39, Family $118
  • City Blue - Adult $35, Concession $25, Child $15, Family $70
  • General Admission - Adult $35, Concession $25, Child $15. Family $70
  • MCFC Active Supporters - Adult $35, Concession $25
  • Away Active Supporters - Adult $35, Concession $25, Child $15, Family $70

Edited by haz

4 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Accumulation of cards

He didn't get a yellow card last night i don't believe so he won't be out 

Here is what our major problem is IMO 

We are a week out from a final,  and after 27 games plus a successful FFA cup campaign and i can probably only name you 6 players who will definitely start next week.  I could name you the 11 that Sydney will play with and probably 9 or 10 from other teams in finals. 

Franjic,  Jakobsen, Brattan,  Kilkenny, Cahill and Fornaroli will all definitely start 

Rose and Colazo will probably start 

And then who knows that they will do with Bouzanis/Sorenson, Malik/Tongyik and Kamau/Fitzgerald

No wonder we look like we have never played together half the game, too many changes 

Edited by neio

38 minutes ago, neio said:

He didn't get a yellow card last night i don't believe so he won't be out 

Here is what our major problem is IMO 

We are a week out from a final,  and after 27 games plus a successful FFA cup campaign and i can probably only name you 6 players who will definitely start next week.  I could name you the 11 that Sydney will play with and probably 9 or 10 from other teams in finals. 

Franjic,  Jakobsen, Brattan,  Kilkenny, Cahill and Fornaroli will all definitely start 

Rose and Colazo will probably start 

And then who knows that they will do with Bouzanis/Sorenson, Malik/Tongyik and Kamau/Fitzgerald

No wonder we look like we have never played together half the game, too many changes 

Last night was the rare situation we started and unchanged lineup. 

Agree totally that no enough players demand a starting spot. I think alot of has to do with bewildering logic regarding players retaining starting positions. For example early on in the season Brandan after his suspension took ages to get back in the side. Caceras played 2 or 3 really good games and was continually overlooked. Fitzgerald was flying recently and hasn't started for ages. On the flip side players that have been under performing are walk up starts. Malik is not a CB and is just a mistake waiting to happen. Brattan has been below average yet plays. Even Fornaroli has played nearly every minute.

This sort of team selection stiffles genuine competition within the squad. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Dylan said:

Kilkenny is suspended for this yes?

Irrespective of the totals so far, according to clause 6.5 of the Disciplinary Regulations: "...yellow cards accumulated in a competition do not carry over to any finals series.."

• Like 1

I want to buy my two usual seats (adjoining) in one transaction. I can't work out how to enter the two passwords required, and I'm confused by the instructions. How do I do it?

Oh, I finally worked it out. You have to enter all the individual passwords at the start of the transaction. It doesn't seem possible to add in another seat(s) once you've started a transaction.

If you do them separately you will have to pay a "handling fee" for each one.

Edited by jw1739

I think the sudden death aspect will make this one a cagey match, at least for the first half. But even then, they might bring the heat early because their style did give them a 4-1 lead at one point last night. If they replicate that kind of pressure and then sit deep to protect a lead we might be in a bit of trouble.

Going to be an interesting one tactically. 

Tickets purchased.

Think we have a big chance in this game.  (after that it will be tough, but lets play one game at a time).

Strikes me I've experienced this somewhere before?  Didn't we lose away to Perf last year then play (beat) them in the semi the next week?  I'm calling that a "good omen".

7 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Tickets purchased.

Think we have a big chance in this game.  (after that it will be tough, but lets play one game at a time).

Strikes me I've experienced this somewhere before?  Didn't we lose away to Perf last year then play (beat) them in the semi the next week?  I'm calling that a "good omen".

That was last season. This season our defence is twice as shit and our midfield is not as good as last seasons. Hope you're right though.

2 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

That was last season. This season our defence is twice as shit and our midfield is not as good as last seasons. Hope you're right though.

This season we conceded 44 goals, the same as last season. This season we scored 49, but last season we scored 63.

Last season, played 27, won 13, drew 5, lost 9 for 44 points.
This season, played 27, won 11, drew 6, lost 10 for 39 points.

In our six season playing 27 matches our goals conceded have been 34,40,42,41,44 and 44. Sydney conceded 12 this season and scored 55.

Those numbers tell me what the story is.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

This season we conceded 44 goals, the same as last season. This season we scored 49, but last season we scored 63.

In our six season playing 27 matches our goals conceded have been 34,40,42,41,44 and 44. Sydney conceded 12 this season and scored 55.

Those numbers tell me that this bullshit mantra of playing beautiful football is crock shit... 
My definition of beautiful football is my team winning trophies and challenging for titles. 
Not beating up on inferior teams at home throughout the season. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, japiedog said:

fuck this club, I just bought my tickets. then realise there is a twilight match on at the the MCG that afternoon, there goes any chance of finding parking

Blame FFA not City for the timing, they run the finals

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

In fact our defence has got worse

7 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

We will win this one but get done next week.  What a shit time though,  7 on a Sunday ffs

Excuse my ignorance, since when have we played Sunday 7PM? I have a primary school aged child, and we won't be going. Someone else can have our seats. Msg to the FFA up there in NSW, we have different school terms! 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Baka1 said:

Why Sunday 7pm? Won't change the fact I'm going but what a stupid timeslot

Is it something to do with the AFL matches over that weekend? Although I would think just as many people won't go at 7 pm on a Sunday as wouldn't go on any of Friday night, Saturday afternoon, Saturday night or Sunday afternoon.

Last season we had 11,273 for the same match. Sunday 17th April 2016  at 5 pm.

9 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Is it something to do with the AFL matches over that weekend? Although I would think just as many people won't go at 7 pm on a Sunday as wouldn't go on any of Friday night, Saturday afternoon, Saturday night or Sunday afternoon.

I think the later time is due to the public holiday on Tuesday. No one will go to work on the Monday and most schools have it off too

9 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Well maybe but they probably did that over Easter and it's been known for a longtime this is the weekend for first finals ect etc

Anyway, the attendance is the least of our worries. More to the point is that to make the SF we have to beat a team from which we've taken one measly point this season, scoring 9 goals against them but conceding 11 in the process. Both teams are very well equipped to score goals, so IMO it will be defence that decides the match.

I have our tickets, so bring it on.

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Hawthorn is playing West Coast at 4:40pm on Sunday. 

Should be ok for parking, etc given that now they're losing every week, most of their frontrunner crowd won't be there to watch them get flogged again...

• Like 1