Melbourne Football

(Poll) - The next Melbourne City manager?

haz

(Poll) - The next Melbourne City manager?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as the next Melbourne City manager?

• Roy Hodgson
    • Michael Valkanis
    • Josep Gombau
    • Australian Coach
    • Overseas Coach
    • Other

I really can't see Arteta coming in as new manager. Possible but not likely. 

All I really would like is announcement by early June. I reackon they will wait till the European seasons end and then hopefully announce the new guy.

What ever happened to that guy coaching in the African nations tournament surely its finished by now.

51 minutes ago, Jovan said:

I think Milicic's name should enter the discussion. 

Management experience is all as an assistant except for one season) at Sydney United back in 2009.

At 43 and with no senior coaching experience I'm not sure he would be able to manage some of the egos at Melbourne City. 

8 hours ago, silva10 said:

The way things are going Pep may be available soon lol

Just goes to show even the best can fuck up!

I would actually give Tim Cahill the job. I think at least he would have the balls to hold people to account!

I have never rated Pep, always had stuff given to him on a plate. It's shown since he's come to a league where the team he is manager of isn't the outright dominant side.

On 02/05/2017 at 1:36 PM, haz said:

I have never rated Pep, always had stuff given to him on a plate. It's shown since he's come to a league where the team he is manager of isn't the outright dominant side.

get what you're saying, but for arguments sake cant you say the same about Mourinho in a way; was given all the money at Chelsea at the right time (had come in after so much money / failure (under Claudio Ranneri no less!!) he had the best talent already), had Inter at just the right time and then Madrid. 

as for Mourinho's success at Porto, could be argued very big fish in small pond - particularly after an apprenticeship at none other than Barca (where as Pep came through a very fortuitous apprenticeship timing wise given the Spanish dominance meaning Pep knew how to deal with the cream of the crop)

Edited by mattyh001
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mattyh001 said:

get what you're saying, but for arguments sake cant you say the same about Mourinho in a way; was given all the money at Chelsea at the right time (had come in after so much money / failure (under Claudio Ranneri no less!!) he had the best talent already), had Inter at just the right time and then Madrid. 

as for Mourinho's success at Porto, could be argued very big fish in small pond - particularly after an apprenticeship at none other than Barca (where as Pep came through a very fortuitous apprenticeship timing wise given the Spanish dominance meaning Pep knew how to deal with the cream of the crop)

Correct, the missing link in your story is Louie van Gaal, both Pep and Jose are his apprentices.

Believe it or not but Pep inherited teams at Barca and Bayern from LvG & Rijkaard and now at Man City is finally working on is own.

Mourinho has worked years under LvG at Barca and they have identical media personalities and has now taken over Man U from him.

Question. How long do coaches last at top leagues being successful? I know that Sir Alex Ferguson ran Man U for decades and Arsenne is at Arsenal (success has eluded him though) for decades. But otherwise I get the feeling that coaches have a spell of success and then they fall by the way side ocassionally bobbing up. In effect what is the lifespan of a successful coach?

36 minutes ago, Jessee Jenkinson said:

Also I've got to wonder how much they paid Roy to spend a few weeks here and realise that we have deep running culture issues that need to be adressed by a strong manager when they could have asked anyone on the forum and we'd have all told them the exact same thing for free...

• Like 2

I looked at the statistics of pardew before and saw that he plays flat 4-4-2 with 2 defensive midfeilders. He has 1 defensive midfeilder running foward and the other staying back. He also plays with 1 striker behind the other, so in that case it would be tim cahill up forward and fornaroli right behind him. He also brings the full backs half way when attacking then they fall back or the wingers drop back if they continue to run foward

1 hour ago, Jessee Jenkinson said:

Well didn't see that one coming. Earlier than expected and very good news.

Tbh any of the those candidates would satisfy, and fact that Roy mentioned a cultural issue as the problem is a breath of fresh air to most supporters as we have been saying this for the last 4+ years.

Interesting also was the mention of Munn, which may support the 'rotting head' theory, (as many posters have mentioned), as the real problem with our club.

Thanks Roy, for at least giving an independent, objective, unfiltered and holistic analysis of our club.

At least CFG knows the truth so that's a start.

48 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Well didn't see that one coming. Earlier than expected and very good news.

Tbh any of the those candidates would satisfy, and fact that Roy mentioned a cultural issue as the problem is a breath of fresh air to most supporters as we have been saying this for the last 4+ years.

Interesting also was the mention of Munn, which may support the 'rotting head' theory, (as many posters have mentioned), as the real problem with our club.

Thanks Roy, for at least giving an independent, objective, unfiltered and holistic analysis of our club.

At least CFG knows the truth so that's a start.

Didn't see what coming? The fact that managers may manage our club?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

pardew is useless and keane is a total cnut.  no thanks.  id rather keep valkanus.  id rather a local coach was shit than wasting a precious a league job on another shit import.

please please please no.

who the fuck voted for hodgson?

the article in the herald sun said a decision will be made in a fortnight from may 10.  at least there is some information coming through.

Edited by nah brah

15 hours ago, nah brah said:

the article in the herald sun said a decision will be made in a fortnight from may 10.  at least there is some information coming through.

even then, the article said it's "expected" in a fortnight, cause thats when the football directors return from Manchester.

Im shocked that this news is coming out of the SBS. Is it click bait or is someone actually talking from behind the CFG "dont talk to no cunt" policy. Either way im all for it, sick of not hearing anything from CFG and its almost a slap in the face to the paid up members who want to feel part of the club, but instead have to settle to being a mushroom.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, HeartOfCity said:

Im shocked that this news is coming out of the SBS. Is it click bait or is someone actually talking from behind the CFG "dont talk to no cunt" policy. Either way im all for it, sick of not hearing anything from CFG and its almost a slap in the face to the paid up members who want to feel part of the club, but instead have to settle to being a mushroom.

I understand the CFG policy, but I agree that members should be receiving more information about what's going on at Melbourne City. I can't see any point in not telling us that the players are now on holidays (I'm assuming they are) and will resume training on such-and-such a date in June, that Munn and Petrillo are in Manchester , at least a progress comment on Tommy Sorensen, a decent farewell and thank you to Josh Rose, Nico Colazo, Corey Gameiro and Steve Kuzmanovski (FMD that's pretty basic surely?) etc. etc.

Someone at City has just got no idea of how to connect with the fans.

Contrast the membership department (thank you to the young lady who dealt with me) who went out of their way to help us change seats for next season.

I really don't know what the thinking is at Bundoora.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
On 2017-5-15 at 6:14 PM, nah brah said:

i just need to see a decent boss come in.  not pardew ffs.  the guy is fkn shyte.  and keane is a prick.  keane makes kevin muscat seem likeable.

yes we do need a decent boss but clearly you are not of sane mind if you think Valkanis is a better option then those two...

18 minutes ago, PORCHO said:

yes we do need a decent boss but clearly you are not of sane mind if you think Valkanis is a better option then those two...

valkanus is not a decent option.  but neither is keane or pardew.  i dont want any of them.

Edited by nah brah

7 hours ago, PORCHO said:

Keane and Pardew aren't great options but miles better then what we've had in the past. Of course it's still not the preferred option but I'd rather a Keane/Pardew then another Valkanis/JVA/Aloisi... 

pardew is not better than anything we have had in the past.  the guy is a hack that runs teams into shit. nope. keane is mildly better but is still a fkn joke of a coach.  they can both fk off.

4 hours ago, nah brah said:

pardew is not better than anything we have had in the past.  the guy is a hack that runs teams into shit. nope. keane is mildly better but is still a fkn joke of a coach.  they can both fk off.

I'm a Newcastle fan, so I hate Pardew more than most. But to say that a former Premier League manager is no better than John vant Schip, John Aloisi or Michael Valkanis is absolutely ridiculous. Also can you name me one manager better than those two who would actually consider taking the job at Melbourne City? Because I think you're overestimating just how big a drawcard for top class managers we are...

Edited by GreenSeater
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

I'm a Newcastle fan, so I hate Pardew more than most. But to say that a former Premier League manager is no better than John vant Schip, John Aloisi or Michael Valkanis is absolutely ridiculous. Also can you name me one manager better than those two who would actually consider taking the job at Melbourne City? Because I think you're overestimating just how big a drawcard for top class managers we are...

Are you talking sense on this forum? Ban pls mods

56 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Are you talking sense on this forum? Ban pls mods

Shit you're right, I think I must be coming down with something...

"WHY AREN'T MORE OF OUR YOUTH PLAYERS STARTING GAMES? HOW COME WE HAVEN'T ANNOUNCED OUR ENTIRE SQUAD AND STAFF YET IT'S ONLY 3 MONTHS UNTIL THE START OF THE SEASON I'M GOING TO TEAR UP MY MEMBERSHIP FARKEN!"

Better?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

Shit you're right, I think I must be coming down with something...

"WHY AREN'T MORE OF OUR YOUTH PLAYERS STARTING GAMES? HOW COME WE HAVEN'T ANNOUNCED OUR ENTIRE SQUAD AND STAFF YET IT'S ONLY 3 MONTHS UNTIL THE START OF THE SEASON I'M GOING TO TEAR UP MY MEMBERSHIP FARKEN!"

Better?

Needs more multis