Melbourne Football

Rd 26 City vs Adelaide (Video Referee) 7:50pm Friday 7th AprilAami Park

haz

14 minutes ago, Hellenic Hero said:

So how much of the game would tony get to see?

Cant say cause it could be most of the game or it could be half the game.

Just depends.

I will say that i hope he gives me the mega during the finals at some point, cause i step up on derby day without a mega, let alone with one lol...

Thats if we get that chance of coarse

2 hours ago, [LIBBA] said:

Mate i'm taking every opinion on board. Seems that the general consensus is that it was used a little too often, but at the same time you had Tony who hasn't been up there for a bit, myself who has never done up until that point and and young bloke who was in the same boat as myself so nerves kick in and that at some points can leave your mind blank to what chant to use.

Its like riding a bike for the first time. You try it and fall on your ass for the first time, but by the end you're doing wheelies and riding the bike with no hands.

If it was your first time as capo then you did a bloody good job.

If you're taking opinions on board then I'd make three points:
- keep the chants and songs simple - the more complicated they are the lower the chance of them catching on around the ground;
- don't go too fast because of the acoustics of the stadium;
- choose the timing of what you use as carefully as you can.

And remember, everything would  be a lot better, and there would be few comments and complaints, if we were winning our matches and scoring plenty of goals.

21 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

If it was your first time as capo then you did a bloody good job.

If you're taking opinions on board then I'd make three points:
- keep the chants and songs simple - the more complicated they are the lower the chance of them catching on around the ground;
- don't go too fast because of the acoustics of the stadium;
- choose the timing of what you use as carefully as you can.

And remember, everything would  be a lot better, and there would be few comments and complaints, if we were winning our matches and scoring plenty of goals.

Mate agreed on all fronts. 

Simple is the key as when you make it way too difficult, you'll only get a only half the amount of people chanting

Going too fast is something we have to control on the night. I think if your fired up you just cant help yourself lol

Timing is probably the theme of the week i reckon 

3 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Do what's in your heart

That's tennis.

My mum doesn't think it is career worthy though, which has lead to plenty of arguments between my parents.

6 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

There's nothing wrong with being confused at your age. If booze and men is more your thing then that's totally fine too.

:tooth:

Just now, Hellenic Hero said:

That's tennis.

My mum doesn't think it is career worthy though, which has lead to plenty of arguments between my parents.

:tooth:

Give a tennis pro career a real go. Worst case scenario if your not that good you can always become a club pro and over charge some private school kids and with any luck get to bang their mums on regular basis.

10 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Tell me who you are and I'll tell your mum whether you should. 

That's my whole issue though. I know I'm a solid player, but I'm still a couple of rungs away from the top players (which means that I need to practice more) but I'm finding it hard to find the time, seeing as my mum says I should devote hat time to friends and study.

Edited by Hellenic Hero

18 minutes ago, Hellenic Hero said:

That's my whole issue though. I know I'm a solid player, but I'm still a couple of rungs away from the top players (which means that I need to practice more) but I'm finding it hard to find the time, seeing as my mum says I should devote hat time to friends and study.

I dunno about you but last time I checked a lot of players lose in the first round in tournaments like boroondara Easter classic. Once lost they get put into the consolation and then in the consolation they even lose. I don't know how good you are but give me a link to your latest tournment results. 

1 minute ago, Inferno said:

I dunno about you but last time I checked a lot of players lose in the first round in tournaments like boroondara Easter classic. Once lost they get put into the consolation and then in the consolation they even lose. I don't know how good you are but give me a link to your latest tournment results. 

I enjoy my Internet anonymity.