Melbourne Football

Rd 26 City vs Adelaide (Video Referee) 7:50pm Friday 7th AprilAami Park

haz

3 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Anyone wanna try and give me a shred of evidence that we won't win this 3-0. Come on you negative pansy's try and prove me wrong!

Apart from the fact that we can't attack, can't defend, struggle to keep a clean sheet, crumble every season under pressure there's not much

• Like 2

3 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Anyone wanna try and give me a shred of evidence that we won't win this 3-0. Come on you negative pansy's try and prove me wrong!

I'm with you. This club has proven that the only thing that is evident is our failure come end of the season. We have a great chance of winning this, drawing this and losing this. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, recyclosaurusrex said:

Saw Malik in the lobby for the mantra on jolimont earlier. Not sure he'll be playing wouldn't he be with the team?

Hopefully his shift ends soon. 

Bit worried about him letting in those undesirables in through the back door. Hope he has an understanding boss.

Aloisi is resting four of Brisbane's key players for their match with Perth tomorrow "to ensure his side is fresh for the A-League finals." Geez, that shits me. Could be gifting the match to Perth. We simply have to win tonight for any chance of a home final.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Aloisi is resting four of Brisbane's key players for their match with Perth tomorrow "to ensure his side is fresh for the A-League finals." Geez, that shits me. Could be gifting the match to Perth. We simply have to win tonight for any chance of a home final.

That's good for us, we are chasing Brisbane not Perth... This week, worry about Perth next week if we both win

Tonight feels very bittersweet; sweet because it's the last home game of a topsy turvy season whereby a loss / draw plays into how we've performed all season (thereby not surprising / disappointing) whilst a win would be a good end note.

Bitter though because I'll have to find another means to support my Cheezels addiction.

Expecting some sort of bullshit loss / draw, but can see us pulling out a big win

• Like 1

Fox Sports showed a stat that we are the team with the most team changes and the least amount of times we've gone with the same XI. Guess who had the least changes.... No surprise Sydney and Victory.

Good strong win, controlled most of the game (was actually a very good game in general IMO) besides that last 10ish minutes. Galekovic the only reason it stayed 1-0. Glad he is coming to us next season

Also is bizarre how one player can make such a difference to a defence

Edited by Dylan

3 very valuable points, Adelaide offered little threat in the end despite Bouzanis doing his best to help them out. I managed to take my first guest for the season, a Mexican guy who has been in Melbourne since February (not long enough to know much about us). He was pleasantly surprised at how safe the game was, and thought that the standard was OK. he laughed at Bruno rolling around and said that this reminded him of home

Positives:

We won despite playing pretty average football

Defence looked much more organised with that new guy, who is he?

Cahill's goal from nothing really, defenders just can't keep track of him in the box

I thought I was seeing things for our last 2 corners, almost no players in the box, all back 4 sitting in our own half and midfield positioned defensively with no attempt to score. Until very recently we would have had almost everyone in the box and would likely have conceded in the last minute like we did at Hindmarsh. I never thought that I'd put pragmatic and City in the same sentence so there you are, I've happily done it:)

Better performance from the refs now that they know that they are under video surveillance

Negatives:

Dominated shots on target but most of them were unlikely to result in goals although there were  a few good saves needed from Eugene

Bruno was poor tonight, positioning not good and tentative finishing

Bouzanis - we will not win a final with this guy in goal. He had little to do other than trying to recover from his own mistakes

Kamau's final ball although he'd already be playing in Europe if he understood where to deliver the ball

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 1

Well we won a game we were favourited for and needed to win.

Adelaide were horrendous in he first half, improved to mediocre in the second half. We were just ok first half and poor in the second.

In the end though we won and that's what really matters. 

Random comments:

got to hand it to Kamau, the guy was great.

Good timed smart subs by Valkanis as both Cahill and Colazo had stopped contributing when he brought them off (though Colazo was on a few minutes too long, he'd been a passenger for a while). Probably should have brought Retre on in injury time to run the clock down, but meh.

• Like 1