Melbourne Football

The mighty city vs Sydney fc. Saturday 1st April. 7.50ko

kingofhearts

2 minutes ago, Falastur said:

3 more games to go with Valkanis and we can start again with a completely new hire.

But why. Why oh why. Please someone explain to me this logic. 

Since his appointment it has been pretty clear he won't be next season so why keep him at all. Just lacking any logic.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jovan said:

But why. Why oh why. Please someone explain to me this logic. 

Since his appointment it has been pretty clear he won't be next season so why keep him at all. Just lacking any logic.

To understand it you need to be in the realm of the mentally illogical as there is no benefit at all.

Valkanis and his crew know they won't be there next season and just look like they don't give a shit and the CFG care factor isn't far behind.

Pretty much sums up our season, I can point many fingers but I blame Brattan for what has occurred so far this season. His slow build up play causes the other team to get defensive shape, crowding Fornaroli and Cahill and pushing us back into our own defensive half.

Well that was better than I expected, I was expecting 4-0. All the usual problems, season after season, little real progression.

Expecting 3 more loses, not sure I'll bother to drive to Melbourne next week, i don't care about this team or this franchise

Positives:

nil

Negatives:

see comments from every other game

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 3

Another chapter of the "not really his fault but nowhere to be seen for the goals" and "look at how stylish I look kicking it long... oh it went to the opposition" Bouzanis performance.

Having said that, a typical gutless performance from the midfield. As soon as things get a bit tough they all go missing. 

No Jakobsen, no Kilkenny, no Fernando = our soft underbelly exposed. 

Although given Muscat's previous form at Centre Back, why would you play him there against Sydney? He is psychologically shot. Was always likely to commit another brain fade. 

Valkanis is a sycophantic Assistant at best. 

Edited by dr lime

1 minute ago, dr lime said:

Another chapter of the "not really his fault but nowhere to be seen for the goals" and "look at how stylish I look kicking it long... oh it went to the opposition" Bouzanis performance.

Bouzanis cops 3 goals, reckon he'll be replaced by Sorenson next week?

Nope

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

We've had no shape, can't keep possession, bad in attacking transition again

Watching Sydney play so well as a team and with such commitment while we have the same old problems made that loss even more depressing.

Only question at this point is when we'll be kicked out of the finals. The way we're playing we'll be lucky to make it to the second week.

1 minute ago, Kinnibari said:

Watching Sydney play so well as a team and with such commitment while we have the same old problems made that loss even more depressing.

Only question at this point is when we'll be kicked out of the finals. The way we're playing we'll be lucky to make it to the second week.

We're likely to finish 6th. We'll get an away final and of course we'll do what we do in every other important game