Melbourne Football

The mighty city vs Sydney fc. Saturday 1st April. 7.50ko

kingofhearts

1 minute ago, moops said:

Not to concerned about Cahil, but agree about Colazo and Franjic

For me Cahill as to play the target man to be more effective. This would mean Bruno dropping slightly deeper and leave us short in the centre of midfield. I just don't understand how Cahill fits into the style of play we want to play. All through his career he has been an attacking midfielder who scores goals. He is not the kind of player who plays a pasing game.

2 minutes ago, moops said:

Tongyik is playing well also, Muscat is better than Malik being his partner.

Tongyik has all the raw ingredients necessary to become a good player. What he needs is a manger and an experienced defender alongside him to learn him how to be a good efender.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Colazo has most balls into our penalty area and working hard off the ball. He is doing his job.

He is a stylish player, but too lighweight in my opinion to be effective in the A League. I would like to see him play behind Bruno for a few matches where his skill may be better utilised.

1 minute ago, silva10 said:

For me Cahill as to play the target man to be more effective. This would mean Bruno dropping slightly deeper and leave us short in the centre of midfield. I just don't understand how Cahill fits into the style of play we want to play. All through his career he has been an attacking midfielder who scores goals. He is not the kind of player who plays a pasing game.

Looks like that is happening to me, but no one in midfield supporting the central forward area, Valkanis focused on attacking down the right for me.

2 minutes ago, moops said:

Looks like that is happening to me, but no one in midfield supporting the central forward area, Valkanis focused on attacking down the right for me.

For me Cahill looks slightly deeper of the two. Either way we need to get the service to them.

10 minutes ago, silva10 said:

He was only signed for members he sure doesn't fit the style and even with him we don't have fans. We need a guest marquee to dominate not sit there and touch it once in 90mins

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Simo said:

He was only signed for members he sure doesn't fit the style and even with him we don't have fans. We need a guest marquee to dominate not sit there and touch it once in 90mins

He gave us the winning goal for our first trophy. 

And maybe our second. 

7 hours ago, jeffplz said:

Extremely low energy first half, ends 0-0. This continues into the second half till we concede, then we win 2-1.

Cue comments about best performance all season, heart and spirit shown by players unbelievable, Brattan suddenly has a good game, Tongyik a god.

Going to plan so far

Just now, playmaker said:

Valkanis is shit.

I'm presuming that the point of hiring one of JVS's former coaches to replace him for the rest of the season was for Valkanis then to deliberately finish the job with a lower win ratio than JVS, thus allowing the orange one to feel better about being the worst manager in A-League history.

• Like 3