Melbourne Football

The mighty city vs Sydney fc. Saturday 1st April. 7.50ko

kingofhearts

Kilkenny out with back soreness

Bouzanis back in goal

Muscat as CB with Tongyik

If we've got nothing else, we've a respect for tradition, this is the middle game of our traditional losing streak leading up to the finals before we make our pin dive exit.

I hope I'm wrong, expecting at least a 4-0 loss

Edited by belaguttman

10 minutes ago, haz said:

Confirmed Line-Up

Bouzanis

Franjic, Muscat, Tonyik, Rose

Brattan, Grenau, Colazo

Cahill, Fornaroli, Fitzgerald

BENCH: Sorenson, Kamau, Retre, Aranzi Caceras

Btw, pitch is looking shit!

SydneyvsCity1st April.JPG

We are actually playing a 4-4-2

2 minutes ago, haz said:

Yea realized that, just grouping them as Fox Sports Showed

It took me a while to see it but a few weeks ago  I noticed they list the lineup in the formation. You'd think that fox sports would have picked this up by now

51 minutes ago, haz said:

Confirmed Line-Up

Bouzanis

Franjic, Muscat, Tonyik, Rose

Brattan, Grenau, Colazo

Cahill, Fornaroli, Fitzgerald

BENCH: Sorenson, Kamau, Retre, Aranzi Caceras

Btw, pitch is looking shit!

SydneyvsCity1st April.JPG

So Bouzanis and Muscat get rewarded for their failings by getting selected. It isn't any surprise the team has been so poor when you bring back players who were out through their own fault!

How can Brattan get picked week after week when he is one of the worst players in the league. It seems Valkanis has done the impossible and made JVS look a decent manager!

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, silva10 said:

So Bouzanis and Muscat get rewarded for their failings by getting selected. It isn't any surprise the team has been so poor when you bring back players who were out through their own fault!

How can Brattan get picked week after week when he is one of the worst players in the league. It seems Valkanis has done the impossible and made JVS look a decent manager!

Muscat is in because the alternative is probably a member of this forum (Jacobsen, Malik & Kilkenny all unavailable).

Sorensen is out because apparently he was poor last week (haven't seen the game myself).

Kilkennys injury may have saved Brattan?

1 minute ago, Shahanga said:

Muscat is in because the alternative is probably a member of this forum (Jacobsen, Malik & Kilkenny all unavailable).

Sorensen is out because apparently he was poor last week (haven't seen the game myself).

Kilkennys injury may have saved Brattan?

I would rather have played a kid from the youth team than Muscat

As for Sorenson one poor game shouldn't mean your dropped. Bouzanis isn't a good enough shot stopper. Colazo could have been moved to the centre and Kamau played. Also Retre could have played.

I guess we will see in the next 90 minutes. Hopefully we win!

18 minutes ago, silva10 said:

I would rather have played a kid from the youth team than Muscat

As for Sorenson one poor game shouldn't mean your dropped. Bouzanis isn't a good enough shot stopper. Colazo could have been moved to the centre and Kamau played. Also Retre could have played.

I guess we will see in the next 90 minutes. Hopefully we win!

I agree re Sorensen.

Personally I would never play  2 kids in central defence. Tongyik needs experience next to him. 

Started ok but a long way to go 

Just now, belaguttman said:

Defence is better organised but sitting very deep.

Unable to keep possession in midfield.

Apart from Bruno's set piece we've offered nothing going forward and will only score from a smurf mistake

Brattan had a good 15 mins, after that he has gone missing, Genreau was more involved than him

Sydney don't look like a team far superior to anyone else, and still we can't make any progress going forward. I have not seen any our players demand the ball. Instead you have Cahill, Colazo and Franjic largley anonymous. I don't see us getting anything unless we lift our game.

3 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Brattan's having  his best game in months too

Then he must be much worse than even I thought lol

He hasn't done one telling pass the whole game. The young kid Genreau looks more composed on the ball.

Just now, silva10 said:

Sydney don't look like a team far superior to anyone else, and still we can't make any progress going forward. I have not seen any our players demand the ball. Instead you have Cahill, Colazo and Franjic largley anonymous. I don't see us getting anything unless we lift our game.

Not to concerned about Cahil, but agree about Colazo and Franjic