Melbourne Football

Rudd vs Gillard

cadete

Rudd Vs Gillard  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who do u prefer as PM?

Cunts only give a shit about the environment after liberal fixes the economy and makes living good affordable. Cunts wouldnt give 2 shits about carbon emmissions if they were struggling to pay off a mortgage with 17% interest rates.

Fwiw its prob time for me n tesla to have a political argument where we are both arguing for the same thing with only minor differences

• Like 2

^ The good old days of yarraside.net at its prime.

Fwiw, as much as people hate on Malloy's political opinions at times, I like his opinions the most out of anyone else from yside because they actually have some thought put into them rather than someone just regurgitating what they are told to believe, or what they read or heard somewhere.

And btw, while your point on the greens is valid, I should add most kunts just vote for the greens because they are viewed as the alternative option to the BS of the labor and liberal parties which keep compromising what they stand for in order to chase votes and end up having almost the exact same policies. Liberal party lost all its credibility when they dropped the Workchoices policy, for example.

Pretty sure there is no such thing a politician who wants to serve their electorate and embodies the meaning of 'public servant'. With that said neither of these loose butt-holes get my vote.

It's just one puppet after the next saying what they can to cling on to every last vote, no one has any spine to stand up and be honest in their convictions. Party preferences and 'deals' sicken me to my core. 2 major parties in a supposedly democratic system ruled by media spin that is spoon fed to the hungry masses, all wide eyed and blissfully ignorant.

So lets just base my opinion on what really counts, who I think has the best personality and fashion sense (that is apparently what matters most today) Rudd does have the Tin-Tin charm, but with no sign of the captain or Snowy he loses his appeal. He dresses nicely and speaks fluent mandarin, but his hairstyle is so 1998.

Gillard's voice hurts my nipples. She looks like she should have played a farmers wife on A Country Practice and I hated that show. Her style is frumpy power suit circa 1986. She has no charisma and she eats at "Mellissa's' in Altona which is shit.

If I had to make a choice (which I don't because I voted for a member in my electorate and that vote contributed to a tally that elected a party and not the leader) then I would have to say Zombie Jesus.

• Like 1

Huge statement more than 15 months before the next election. Much bigger turn arounds have happened.

It would take John Hewson to loose this...

A negative no policy approach will gift a landslide to Abbott.

Nobody who deals with the gov is focusing on making deals with the ALP anymore instead focusing only on the Libs...

Oh fuck me, can I not go anywhere without this being discussed? I'd prefer Ghadaffi or however you spell it! Kevin is a fucking little dweeb that would have had absolutely no friends in school and Julia is a bogan, who can't even pronounce the name of the country that she leads correctly. Straya!

Can't we find another bloke like Bob Hawke who can scull a heap of piss!?

• Like 1

My brother was there to witness his recent scull at the SCG...

Any Rhode Scholar who held a sculling record is clearly a legend in anyone’s book.

Still I long for the days of the Armani wearing Assassin – nobody matched Keating in Question Time.

Edited by cadete

Going back a bit, It is extremely difficult for a state to have a "pro-Environment" policy and to maintain a strong manufacturing and natural resource exploitation industry..

Obviously, but we are about to begin paying a carbon tax with our emissions being so low it doesn't matter. Certainly isn't an excuse to kill off primary and secondary sectors.

Obviously, but we are about to begin paying a carbon tax with our emissions being so low it doesn't matter. Certainly isn't an excuse to kill off primary and secondary sectors.

Fwiw, releasing carbon into the air is something that should be paid for, and is the right thing economically, the problem is that other countries aren't implementing similar measures, which means our industry is paying for things other country's industry doesnt have to, putting us at an unfair disadvantage.

Regardless, people are mad about carbon tax. Gillard dun goofed.

Pretty sure there is no such thing a politician who wants to serve their electorate and embodies the meaning of 'public servant'. With that said neither of these loose butt-holes get my vote.

It's just one puppet after the next saying what they can to cling on to every last vote, no one has any spine to stand up and be honest in their convictions. Party preferences and 'deals' sicken me to my core. 2 major parties in a supposedly democratic system ruled by media spin that is spoon fed to the hungry masses, all wide eyed and blissfully ignorant.

So lets just base my opinion on what really counts, who I think has the best personality and fashion sense (that is apparently what matters most today) Rudd does have the Tin-Tin charm, but with no sign of the captain or Snowy he loses his appeal. He dresses nicely and speaks fluent mandarin, but his hairstyle is so 1998.

Gillard's voice hurts my nipples. She looks like she should have played a farmers wife on A Country Practice and I hated that show. Her style is frumpy power suit circa 1986. She has no charisma and she eats at "Mellissa's' in Altona which is shit.

If I had to make a choice (which I don't because I voted for a member in my electorate and that vote contributed to a tally that elected a party and not the leader) then I would have to say Zombie Jesus.

10/10 post. Would read again. Srs.

Edited by Tesla

FFS, all it would take to win the election in this country would be to pick a leader with a well defined jaw line, and state that your party was going to 'fight the 1%'.

As long as the dying car industry stays afloat, and banks are punished for improving efficiency, it seems that the nation would stay happy. Labor and Liberal are one and the same, and all other parties struggle to gain supporters due to the public's fear of being labelled as politically extreme. Hopefully enough people understand this, and 'Budgie Smugglers' can be removed from political vocabulary.

• Like 1

oh wow. Record profits while slashing countless jobs across the finance sector. Yeah, I spose that is rather efficient.

How is reducing resources (Employees) and still increasing output (Cash) inefficient? Sure, it's sad to see many people lose their jobs, but at the same time these organisations are leading Australia towards a more functional economy. Reducing expenses is not a bad thing, as long as quality is not compromised.

• Like 2

Didnt say it was inefficient at all. Your sentiments are quite correct. Reduce output(wages) and perform the same tasks to the same or greater level is inherently more efficient. You see Im one of the financially bamboozled, blissfully ignorant, bleeding hearts who think that these textbook like equations have real world consequences that should not be applauded ie People losing their jobs while the Banks make record profits is grossly unfair.

But then again, us bleeding hearts need 'get real' I suppose and see the Neo-Lib light, huh?

Sorry, thought you had a hint of sarcasm, farking internet. The moralfag in me does think that it's unfair, but then I look at how fragile our tiny country's economy is, and realise that something needs to be done. The car industry is bleeding out, yet no one seems to think that it should be put out of it's misery, instead asking for government funding to 'keep jobs alive'. The banks behaviour is quite cruel, but someone has to set an example for the other struggling sectors.

That being said, when the top boys at the bank get their little xmas pressies, the public have a right to be mad. That is inexcusable.

oh wow. Record profits while slashing countless jobs across the finance sector. Yeah, I spose that is rather efficient.

Lets comp,lain when banks aren't profitable and go bankrupt. Lets complain when banks make record profits. Lets complain when banks fire people. Lets complain when banks have higher fees to make up for that unnecessary staff. Lets complain when there is a labor shortage causing prices of everything to rise, while we still have labor being used inefficiently. Lets complain when shareholders are getting rich from these massive profits. Lets complain when mum and dad investors lose their money when share prices fall due to unprofitable banks.

No matter what, complain. Its because your whole philosophy is based off of jealousy rather than whats right or good.

Look at all these phaggots getting butthurt over massive bonuses to executives or to bankers. Whats wrong with that? Not like they give bonuses for nothing, they are given based on how much value the person has provided. Even Karl Marx would approve of it. Its more of the value of a product going towards the labourer than the capitalist. If a CEO is responsible for increasing profit by $1bn than he deserves to be paid $1bn. Karl Marx would cream himself over such a thing, the labourer getting paid the value of his labour, and the capitalist getting nothing for his capital. If the CEO only receives $100k for the $1bn he provided, than thats $999.9m going to the capitalist. Karl Marx would be mad.

Will join the FFA, wait and see.

Have a feeling this will happen. He is a Sydney based guy, looking for a lighter workload, and loves sport and a self confessed soccer addict.

He has bigger fish to fry than football, he will be given a cushy US related job.

Doubt the FFA will want him in a few months or weeks....

Something big will come out (Front Page Headline Big) - From a very Strong Source.

Edited by cadete

Smart move by Rudd imo, more than a quarter of the caucus did not want the current PM (although Rudd being the lowest voted member for PM in the caucus in Labors history, the people wanted Rudd apparently). And when Labor lose (And they will) Krudd will be given the top job when the rest of the caucus turns on Gillard when they know they can't lose their executive position (Obviously Crean, Swan and co will be ousted).

Smart move by Rudd imo, more than a quarter of the caucus did not want the current PM (although Rudd being the lowest voted member for PM in the caucus in Labors history, the people wanted Rudd apparently). And when Labor lose (And they will) Krudd will be given the top job when the rest of the caucus turns on Gillard when they know they can't lose their executive position (Obviously Crean, Swan and co will be ousted).

ROFL - Only Rudd would be retarded enough to devise such a long-term plan (Approx 12 years) of factoring in a lost election and the almost mandatory two terms in the Wilderness of Opposition.

Edited by cadete

Worst theatrical display I've seen within politics (and in general) for a while. Tbh; I kind of feels sorry for Gillard (yes throw the hate towards me) she was pushed in and promoted and all that other nonsense in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Would people take her more seriously had she of been brought in via election? Just curious to see what people think as I've heard from a few that they would..

Lol, Caucus (mostly) hates Kevin Rudd. He won't have the "top job" again.

Penny Wong for PM.

Edited by Che

ROFL - Only Rudd would be retarded enough to devise such a long-term plan (Approx 12 years) of factoring in a lost election and the almost mandatory two terms in the Wilderness of Opposition.

Strong writing off of an entire political party due to Recent Polling 16+months out from an election.

Im in no way claiming that the ALP are favourites but many things can change in two terms mate...

BH, as I have said before even the ALP know they cannot win the election...

Senior ministers say as much behind closed doors.

As long as the Libs do nothing but point our the ALP’s mistakes, and Abbott has proven him the master of doing nothing but whinging about the Government then they cannot lose (In fact the technically they cannot do anything but win in a landslide)

As far as the two terms thing goes I am sure you are aware of that no Party has not won a second term in Federal Government since WW2.

Alongside this I am sure you are even more aware than myself on how deeply conservative in general Australian’s are which makes the likelihood of a Coalition Government not winning a second term very improbable.

Edited by cadete