Melbourne Football

Friday 24th March. Melbourne City vs WSW. KO:7:50

kingofhearts

1 hour ago, bt50 said:

Fuck being happy with a draw haha. Fully expect a win, and a win that will go a long way towards securing us a home final.

Particularly given the Brisbane result at Adelaide.  Could not have gone any better for us this weekend.  Three points clear in third, effectively four with our goal difference, we could get very close to stitching things up by next weekend.  We're coming into some form at the right time.

3 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Particularly given the Brisbane result at Adelaide.  Could not have gone any better for us this weekend.  Three points clear in third, effectively four with our goal difference, we could get very close to stitching things up by next weekend.  We're coming into some form at the right time.

We have WSW (A), Sydney (A), Adelaide (H), and Perth (A).

Brisbane have Victory (H), CCM (H), Perth (A), Phoenix (H).

Perth have Sydney (H), Adelaide (A), Brisbane (H), City (H).

Still not going to be easy for us. I wouldn't like to predict many of those.

3 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

We have WSW (A), Sydney (A), Adelaide (H), and Perth (A).

Brisbane have Victory (H), CCM (H), Perth (A), Phoenix (H).

Perth have Sydney (H), Adelaide (A), Brisbane (H), City (H).

Still not going to be easy for us. I wouldn't like to predict many of those.

I'd rather be us right now.  Points in the bag, the best goal difference and heading into good form.  Team spirit looked good last night too.  Far from done and dusted yet, but Perth have effectively got to make up five points and Brisbane four on us in those four matches.  Not impossible, but hard work from here.  A win next week would really turn the screw.

• Like 2

Two wins gets us to 42 points. If we can manage that then it leaves Brisbane needing to take 10 points and Perth needing to win all four to pass us. I personally dont think either side is good enough to get that but i'll be hoping that Victory and Sydney both win next week.

We should be looking to WSW and Adel to make that happen and lock in 3rd place, but i wouldnt rule us out of getting a result in either of the other games, particularly Sydney.

Edited by bt50

3 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Two wins gets us to 42 points. If we can manage that then it leaves Brisbane needing to take 10 points and Perth needing to win all four to pass us. 

We should be looking to WSW and Adel to make that happen and lock in 3rd place, but i wouldnt rule us out of getting a result in either of the other games, particularly Sydney.

And a point in either of the Perth or Sydney games would surely kill it as a contest.  We're only so cautious about this because of our history of falling in the home straight, including last season.  Perth and Brisbane will be a lot more worried than us.

1 hour ago, bt50 said:

Two wins gets us to 42 points. If we can manage that then it leaves Brisbane needing to take 10 points and Perth needing to win all four to pass us. I personally dont think either side is good enough to get that but i'll be hoping that Victory and Sydney both win next week.

Have faith @bt50. We keep winning and tards start losing then we get second 

#believe

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tony999 said:

This is a game we should win, but we will either lose or draw.

I'm concerned that I'm sounding so pessimistic but of course we've all seen Heart/City snatch defeat from the jaws of victory so many times before at this stage of the season and I can't really see a compelling reason for the script to run differently. I'm expecting a loss.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

I'm concerned that I'm sounding so pessimistic but of course we've all seen Heart/City snatch defeat from the jaws of victory so many times before at this stage of the season and I can't really see a compelling reason for the script to run differently. I'm expecting a loss.

I've seen it all before , go from boxed chocolates to boiled lollies , in one week

that said, we should beat WSW, but history tells me otherwise

32 minutes ago, MCY HERO said:

Just a question if you like MCY Hero (me) like this post 

Mate can you stop posting shit. It's not funny not clever and very childish. 

Contribute to proper discussions or don't waste your own time.

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

MCY Hero. Take this reply to be a public warning. Any further posts of this nature or similar will be followed by a formal warning.

He was warned the other day for shit posting. 

I have given him a spell on the sidelines for a few days.

• Like 3

This is a massive game. I think that we should be aiming for four points from the next two weeks and obviously a win on Friday puts us in a great position to secure that.

Top two is what should have been absolutely the goal at the start of the year and we've failed there, but third spot would still be the best result in the club's history and put us in a terrific position to win two pieces of silverware. I know I shouldn't get ahead of myself, so let's just worry about winning this game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, haz said:

Disregarding Santalab's history, he is one of the best strikers in the league. Keep him quiet as well as Martinez and we should have it in the bag.

That's a big call. But l agree on keeping him quiet and moreso keeping Martinez quiet and that should do the trick.

6 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

That's a big call. But l agree on keeping him quiet and moreso keeping Martinez quiet and that should do the trick.

Until you see his stats, particularly his goal per minute ratio you realise how lethal he actually is.

Melbourne City FC: 1.Thomas SORENSEN (GK), 2.Manny MUSCAT, 3.Josh ROSE, 5.Ivan FRANJIC, 6.Osama MALIK, 8.Neil KILKENNY, 9.Nicolas COLAZO, 10.Anthony CACERES, 11.Bruce KAMAU, 12.Nick FITZGERALD, 14.Daniel ARZANI, 18.Paulo RETRE, 20.Dean BOUZANIS (GK), 21.Ruon TONGYIK, 22.Michael JAKOBSEN 23.Bruno FORNAROLI, 26.Luke BRATTAN, 34.Denis GENREAU

Ins: 14.Daniel ARZANI (promoted), 20.Dean BOUZANIS (GK) (returns from suspension), 22.Michael JAKOBSEN (promoted) 34.Denis GENREAU (promoted)

Outs: 17.Tim CAHILL (international duty), 40.Yaren SOZER (omitted)

Unavailable: 7.Corey GAMEIRO (ACL – season), 27.Fernando BRANDAN (ACL – season), 28.Steve KUZMANOVSKI (ACL – season)