Melbourne Football

2017 AFL Season

Hellenic Hero

Anyone know who the person is amongst the Essendon blokes who chant who stole the Heart Chant based on Human League "Don't You Want to Baby"?

Pretty Annoyingย - As I came up with that actual chant from scratch back in the day.

ย 

On 11/05/2017 at 1:53 PM, bt50 said:

What exactly do you disagree with? I'm not saying I'm in favour of the deal at all, but that the primary motivation behind the deal is money.

1. Everythingย 

2. and yet nothing.

3. Oh buggered if I know.

4. Actually I disagree with the notion that the gameย is (was) about promoting the AFL and that there is this massive untapped market of wanna be AFL fans justย waiting for Port to rock up. Now before you point you you never said that refer to my point 3 above.

5. I need a holidayย 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Shahanga said:

1. Everythingย 

2. and yet nothing.

3. Oh buggered if I know.

4. Actually I disagree with the notion that the gameย is (was) about promoting the AFL and that there is this massive untapped market of wanna be AFL fans justย waiting for Port to rock up. Now before you point you you never said that refer to my point 3 above.

5. I need a holidayย 

The most argumentative, agreeable,ย humble, articulate and honestย post all at once. I'm not sure how I feel about it.

Anyone know what was actually said about Murphy's Wife?

Usually by now we these things I have been told by someone in the know - which has not happened, and the media are a closed book.

NOTE: Clearly it was really fucked up.

Edited by cadete

18 minutes ago, cadete said:

Usually by now we these things I have been told by someone in the know - which has not happened, and the media are a closed book.

My suspicion is that because it hasn't become public it must close to the truth.

40 minutes ago, cadete said:

Apparently something to do with Wayne Carey having slept with her early into her marriage with Marc

2 minutes ago, Embee said:

Apparently something to do with Wayne Carey having slept with her early into her marriage with Marc

Seriously?

FFS.

If someone said that about my Wife or even my mates Wife (let alone Captain)ย I would be doing this...

ย 

Edited by cadete
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Embee said:

FWIW, which probably isnt much given the state of the media, ALL parties have denied Carey's name was mentioned on the field.

On the rumour itself, Carey himselfย has flatly denied he's even ever spoken to her and that Marc and himself have been dealing with the rumour for a long time only for it to raise its head again after the weekend.

4 minutes ago, bt50 said:

FWIW, which probably isnt much given the state of the media, ALL parties have denied Carey's name was mentioned on the field.

On the rumour itself, Carey himselfย has flatly denied he's even ever spoken to her and that Marc and himself have been dealing with the rumour for a long time only for it to raise its head again after the weekend.

Eh, I'm not saying it's definitely true, but those denials are pretty much obviously going to be made publicly, doesn't make it any less likely to be true than it was before those statements were made in my opinion.

7 minutes ago, Embee said:

Eh, I'm not saying it's definitely true, but those denials are pretty much obviously going to be made publicly, doesn't make it any less likely to be true than it was before those statements were made in my opinion.

Yeh its not categorical my any means, but from a PR viewpoint you wouldn't expect Carey to say something as strong as he's never even spoken to her if its not true, because something like that could be easily proven.

Either way whether he did it or not, kangaroo court will drag him over the coals again. My spidey senses are telling me Susie O'Brien and Clem Ford areย writing an article on it ย and rape culture as we speak

Edited by bt50
  • Like 2

The thing is this shit has never been acceptable in AFL...

So I def dont need to read some Article about how the Sport needs to change its culture making such comments about a Woman, I ESP dont want hear the media saying that "it is not acceptable anymore to talk this way" and "The Boys club Banter needs to stop".

Reality is if it was in 1957, 1967, 1977, 1987 and even 1997 the Saints Players pathetic actions of speaking about a bloke's wife like that would have seen their actionsย evened up by the Carlton players before the Final Siren... imagine Syd Jackson's reaction if someone said that about John Nicholas Wife.ย 

That is exactly what would have happened if it was at North Port Oval or in a Country League.. It Makes you wonder if the Culture at St Kilda has really improved that much under this rebuild.

Edited by cadete

• 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Hellenic Hero said:

Out of interest, why did you guys boo Ryder? Just makes no sense to me.

I didn't and I'm not big on booing ex players. But he forced a move in the lead up to our final against North a few years ago. Said he wanted to move closer to qld for family reasons then went to port. He didn't leave on good terms. Hibberd and Melksham got a few boos too but ryder copped it worse. The boos Sam Mitchell got were a lot louder than ryder to be fairย 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thisphantomfortress said:

I didn't and I'm not big on booing ex players. But he forced a move in the lead up to our final against North a few years ago. Said he wanted to move closer to qld for family reasons then went to port. He didn't leave on good terms. Hibberd and Melksham got a few boos too but ryder copped it worse. The boos Sam Mitchell got were a lot louder than ryder to be fairย 

Several times since I was a child I have witnessed Essendon fans both boo and give bronx cheers toย their own players over the years, so its hardly surprising an ex-player got booed.. McPhee and Stanton being two that come straight to mind.

Then there was also the 1983 Grand Final Walk Out... the greatest Walk Out of All Time.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cadete said:

Several times since I was a child I have witnessed Essendon fans both boo and give bronx cheers toย their own players over the years, so its hardly surprising an ex-player got booed.. McPhee and Stanton being two that come straight to mind.

Then there was also the 1983 Grand Final Walk Out... the greatest Walk Out of All Time.

How old are you, dad?ย 

1 hour ago, Thrillhouse said:

the nerve of the cunts at the afl handing down a big fine to clarkson for abusing umps on the same day the spastic cunts pull the most one sided match of the season from their ass

wasn't as bad as last years grand final but still fucking woefulย 

So salty.

3 hours ago, strider said:

How old are you, dad?ย 

I have been obsessed with Footy and History since I was like seven so I know about a lot shit that happened before my time.

Also who the fuck is an AFL fan and not seen the Electrifying Eighties?

• Like 2