Melbourne Football

Rd 23 City vs Jets 7:50pm Sat 18th March Aami Park

haz

4 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Haha please. There's not a snowflakes hope in hell that Wellington, Newcastle or CCM are going to make up 10-13 points on us in 5 games.

A typical Heart/City finish to the season could throw up plenty of surprises. Anything less than fourth is a fail in my book.

30 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

A typical Heart/City finish to the season could throw up plenty of surprises. Anything less than fourth is a fail in my book.

Looks like you accepting the ordinary as our standard....if you are satisfied with 4th in a 10 team league  

Less then second place with team we have is a nothing but a giant flop. 

Solid game 7/10

Best 3

Fitzgerald, Fornaroli, Kamau, Rose (Honourable mention)

Worst 3

Malik, Brattan, Tonyik

Edit: Fornaroli should have scored 5 goals tonight. So maybe not in best 3

Edited by haz

Two wins in a row! Perhaps flattered a little by the scoreline and a little lucky to keep a clean sheet but the goal difference boost is likely to be important.

Positives:

Good intensity in the second half especially AFTER we scored a second goal, this is a first for a long time (Round 2)

How many games do we win when Chris Beath is reffing?

Cahill scoring is good for the national team too

Good game from Bruno, very good game from Caceras and Fitzgerald.

Good show of respect for Brandan from the team

Valkanis has us sitting a little deeper, it's harder for opposition teams to play behind us and when they do they don't have the space and time that they had under JVS

Negatives:

It's a shame that Jets didn't really test us after the second goal, it would have given a better indication of where we are

Colazo is a squad player, wouldn't retain him

Too many yellow cards

Still have too slow ball movement and player movement off the ball. Good teams can vary the pace, move the ball forward slowly and then strike rapidly and decisively, we aren't there yet.

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Can't fault anyone after that performance. Happiest I've left AAMI in a long time

We'll find something to complain about, don't you worry about that.

We did quite well tonight, fitzgerald as has been said many times, played outstanding. Very stiff not to be starting imo, but what can you do. Bruce Kamau also showed a little tonight, good to see hes starting to come back into a bit of form.

Can i also say Josh rose has really come back, earlier on in the season he was the official forum whipping boy, but lately he has been very solid defensively, and even had a goal assist tonight. Hopefully he can carry on with this form.

I was a little disappointing in bruno, he still did well to get 2 goals tonight, but i felt he had numerous good chances to score more, his touch is still a little off, but i think he is starting to come back into form.

It was really crucial to win tonight considering we only have one more game at home this season, but after this performance their is no reason we can't beat WSW away next week 

• Like 1

Just now, Tony999 said:

8.5k. That's appalling!

Yep. That is abysmal. I was with an extra 7 that never come and had free tickets. We have 13k paid up ticket holders and we can only attract just over half to turn up on a perfect Saturday night. 

2 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Yep. That is abysmal. I was with an extra 7 that never come and had free tickets. We have 13k paid up ticket holders and we can only attract just over half to turn up on a perfect Saturday night. 

Same! Bought 8 extras on top of the 5 of us that attend regularly. One said "there is no one here".

3 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

Same! Bought 8 extras on top of the 5 of us that attend regularly. One said "there is no one here".

It's been so long since there was any football it felt like the season was over. Remember some of our 'memberships' are 3 or 5 game tickets and people may have already have used all of their allocated games

Edited by belaguttman