• Caceras
    • Fitzgerald
    • Fornaroli
    • Brandan
    • Kamau
    • Colazo
    • Retre

3 hours ago, Shahanga said:

Brandan. Instrumental in the first 2 goals.

strange game from Bruno. Fantastic free kick and did the business with his pen, but had some poor play otherwise, including starting the counter that led to CCMs first.

Can't agree with you on Brandan. The pass to him was instrumental in getting the free kick as it stretched their defence. His pass to Caceres wasn't perfect allowing the CCM defender to get a tackle in and we got lucky with Montgomery coming in from the back for the own goal. I thought overall Brandan's play was very poor.

Even though Bruno scored twice his touch and vision wasn't anywhere near what it should be. For me the only player to play anywhere near his best was Fitzy.

• Like 1

Fornaroli easily, a superb free kick and great one man effort for the penalty. He is there to kick goals, did what he is there to do, and won us the match even though our midfield and defence were a shambles. Fitzy and Brandan equal second.

Edited by playmaker
  • Like 1

Went for Fitzy. Bruno's brace was noteworthy but he did look a bit off and Fernando was good in patches but for all the game Fitzy was best for me.

Note: Midfield was poor and defense was below that. Very disturbing considering we played against 10 men.

Everyone had a shit game. There were no good performances. I pick Bruno only cause of the free kick and the penalty he created. Our defensive issues are pathetic. All opposition attacks are scoring opportunities. 

Jovan, have you ever played football? As a midfielder? If you did, you should know that it is near impossible to play decent football as a mid if the ball is always in the sky from defence to forwards. I think our mids in particular Kilkenny and Caceres always tried to play on the ground and distribute properly.

Bad performance by all. Our defending is a joke. It's park football.

2 hours ago, DAM10 said:

Everyone had a shit game. There were no good performances. I pick Bruno only cause of the free kick and the penalty he created. Our defensive issues are pathetic. All opposition attacks are scoring opportunities. 

Jovan, have you ever played football? As a midfielder? If you did, you should know that it is near impossible to play decent football as a mid if the ball is always in the sky from defence to forwards. I think our mids in particular Kilkenny and Caceres always tried to play on the ground and distribute properly.

Bad performance by all. Our defending is a joke. It's park football.

I was just making an observation on the midfield being poor. Agree with you regarding Kilkenny and Caceras and Brattan they are ball playing midfielder’s and it is difficult when the midfield gets bypassed. I don't think that was the real issue yesterday in that we were punting from the back. Issue was the defense insisted on playing the sideways pass to a player in the worst position. The few times Ruon broke a line and got into space and released Kilkenny or Caceras they generally played a forward in.

The entire team played well below what they are capable off including the midfield. 

FWIW I have played football (for many years probably a few too many if I'm honest) and predominantly as a midfielder. 

• Like 1