Melbourne Football

CCM vs Melbourne City in the totally "unloseable we're gunna win this game" Sunday 5th March 5pm

kingofhearts

What a shite performance. 

Kilkenny is the most dislikable player we have ever had. His constant whinging and that face he pulls with his toddler haircut stuck to his forehead is as punchable a thing as the A-League has ever witnessed,  which is saying something when every week we get to witness Muscats gum chewing workout. 

And geez despite scoring two goals Fornaroli was shithouse. His first touches were almost invariably crap, including chances in the box were he opted against hitting it first time and ended up losing the ball, and that ridiculous play where he had a shot from close to halfway. Even the play to win the penalty, while a good/lucky interception, was poorly executed. As smart a play as it was to draw the red I'm not sure there was any true benefit considering our ineptness to take advantage of a 1 man advantage, and a penalty is no sure thing either. I would take the 100% guarantee of the goal every time rather than the useless extra player and an 80% chance of a goal. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, silva10 said:

I am absolutely not kidding and if you think players are too good to be told off if they mess up then you are wrong! I have seen it happen with better players than Bruno in a far higher calibre. For me this team needs a proper leader on the pitch who can communicate to the rest of the group and give them a bollocking when needed. Kilkenny did make a mistake afterwards and equally should have been told by someone else. Unfortunately the only other player who might have said something was sitting on the bench (Cahill). It is integral to any team that you have players driving their team mates on when they are up against it. If that means a bollocking is given out at times then that is fine by me.

Don't pro's know themselves when they've made a mistake? I knew it when playing in the under 9's. 

Missed the game yesterday, watched the replay today. We do not look like a team with a shot in the finals. Woeful. I'm in the sad position of being happy we've got a week off, in the hope that we can get our act together in the next fortnight, or at least Jakobson back.

On 06/03/2017 at 7:28 AM, The Aardvark said:

What a shite performance. 

Kilkenny is the most dislikable player we have ever had. His constant whinging and that face he pulls with his toddler haircut stuck to his forehead is as punchable a thing as the A-League has ever witnessed,  which is saying something when every week we get to witness Muscats gum chewing workout. 

I'm sure I'd dislike him if he played for another team, but when you you compare him to the dozens of players we've had that were so useless they were essentially stealing money from the club and looked like they couldn't care less, well, I'll take Kilkenny's passion, for better or worse.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, SF33 said:

I'm sure I'd dislike him if he played for another team, but when you you compare him to the dozens of players we've had that were so useless they were essentially stealing money from the club and looked like they couldn't care less, well, I'll take Kilkenny's passion, for better or worse.

Oh I completely understand. I've disliked many players from our club, mainly for a lack of intensity or passion. The ones who atleast looked like they were trying and gave a shit, despite the lack of ability, they were alright.

Kilkenny however is different. He just comes across as a dickhead.

4 hours ago, The Aardvark said:

Oh I completely understand. I've disliked many players from our club, mainly for a lack of intensity or passion. The ones who atleast looked like they were trying and gave a shit, despite the lack of ability, they were alright.

Kilkenny however is different. He just comes across as a dickhead.

The trouble with Kilkenny is that he can cross the line from genuinely being upset about something to acting like an unhelpful dickhead. A straight forward short sharp rebuke aimed at Bruno was all that was required - and team mates will cop it if they've stuffed up. But continuing the rant and almost forcibly being restrained from carrying on just crosses over into fuckwit territory.

14 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Dickhead or not I think he's the best signing we've made this season. He's a footballers footballer. 

Am stoked we've got him at the club.

Me too. You don't spend almost all of your career in the Championship and League 1 to learn how to be lazy when relegation is a real possibility every season.