Melbourne Football

CCM vs Melbourne City in the totally "unloseable we're gunna win this game" Sunday 5th March 5pm

kingofhearts

1 minute ago, Blackout said:

I can't wait for a Roy Donovan counter attack goal to sink us in the 88th minute, after having 65% possession. It should be a real blast!

I was about to ask how we're going to fuck up this one up but this sounds pretty spot on

Edited by kingofhearts
  • Like 1

Reminds me of a documentary I once watched about how salmon fish spawn.

Problem though is after laying their eggs they die.

19 minutes ago, R410 said:

A bunch of us going up on our annual away trip.

We have not seen a win in the 5 consecutive years we have been doing this, so can already confirm we will not win this.

Hoping for a late equalizer draw so we can celebrate like it was.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, R410 said:

A bunch of us going up on our annual away trip.

We have not seen a win in the 5 consecutive years we have been doing this, so can already confirm we will not win this.

Hoping for a late equalizer draw so we can celebrate like it was.

Stiff. I'm unbeaten in my last 7 away trips for 3 wins and 4 draws

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Jakobsen and Colazo back in for this game

1.Thomas SORENSEN (gk), 3.Josh ROSE, 5.Ivan FRANJIC, 6.Osama MALIK, 8.Neil KILKENNY, 9.Nicolas COLAZO, 10.Anthony CACERES, 11.Bruce KAMAU, 12.Nick FITZGERALD, 17.Tim CAHILL, 18.Paulo RETRE, 21.Ruon TONGYIK, 22.Michael JAKOBSEN, 23.Bruno FORNAROLI, 26.Luke BRATTAN, 27.Fernando BRANDAN, 34.Denis GENREAU, 40.Yaren SOZER (gk), **two to be omitted**  

Ins:  9.Nicolas COLAZO (promoted), 34.Denis GENREAU (promoted),  22.Michael JAKOBSEN (returns from injury)  

Outs: 2.Manny MUSCAT (suspended – 1 week)  

Unavailable:  20.Dean BOUZANIS (suspended – 2 weeks), 7.Corey GAMEIRO (ACL – season), 28.Steve KUZMANOVSKI (ACL – season)

• Like 1

Valkanis' Team

--------------------------Sorenson----------------------

Franjic--------Jakobsen------Tongyik----------Rose

Fitzy-----------Kilkenny-------Brattan----------Brandan

-------------------Fornaroli--Cahill-------------------------

Bench: Sozer, Malik, Caceras, Colazo, Kamau

My Team (Colazo and Cahill must be on together)

--------------------------Sorenson----------------------

Franjic--------Jakobsen------Tongyik----------Colazo

Fitzy-----------Kilkenny-------Caceras----------Brandan

-------------------Fornaroli--Cahill-------------------------

Bench: Sozer, Malik, Rose, Brattan, Kamau

24 minutes ago, haz said:

(Colazo and Cahill must be on together)

This ^^^ the most logical comment ever written in the history of the world.

And with Timmy not moving from the damn box.

Why this doesn't happen just blows my mind, FFS just do it.

Edited by playmaker
  • Like 1

My team based on what Valkanis did last week and what he should do going forward. 

Sorensen 

Franjic     Ruon   Jakobsen    Colazo 

Brattan  Kilkenny 

Fitzy             Fornaroli       Caceras 

Cahill 

Sozer Brandan Malik Kamau Rose 

1 hour ago, haz said:

1.Thomas SORENSEN (gk), 3.Josh ROSE, 5.Ivan FRANJIC, 6.Osama MALIK, 8.Neil KILKENNY, 9.Nicolas COLAZO, 10.Anthony CACERES, 11.Bruce KAMAU, 12.Nick FITZGERALD, 17.Tim CAHILL, 18.Paulo RETRE, 21.Ruon TONGYIK, 22.Michael JAKOBSEN, 23.Bruno FORNAROLI, 26.Luke BRATTAN, 27.Fernando BRANDAN, 34.Denis GENREAU, 40.Yaren SOZER (gk), **two to be omitted**  

Ins:  9.Nicolas COLAZO (promoted), 34.Denis GENREAU (promoted),  22.Michael JAKOBSEN (returns from injury)  

Outs: 2.Manny MUSCAT (suspended – 1 week)  

Unavailable:  20.Dean BOUZANIS (suspended – 2 weeks), 7.Corey GAMEIRO (ACL – season), 28.Steve KUZMANOVSKI (ACL – season)

So, if Colazo is "promoted" does that mean that he did not have an injury and was dropped? Apart from that, we must have had our best season ever in terms of squad availability (few absences due to injuries, national all-ups etc.). Just emphasises how we should have done so much better than we have.

7 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

So, if Colazo is "promoted" does that mean that he did not have an injury and was dropped? Apart from that, we must have had our best season ever in terms of squad availability (few absences due to injuries, national all-ups etc.). Just emphasises how we should have done so much better than we have.

Not sure if srs. We've been missing a key defender for weeks 

20 minutes ago, Jovan said:

My team based on what Valkanis did last week and what he should do going forward. 

Sorensen 

Franjic     Ruon   Jakobsen    Colazo 

Brattan  Kilkenny 

Fitzy             Fornaroli       Caceras 

Cahill 

Sozer Brandan Malik Kamau Rose 

I feel that Caceras is wasted being out wide and doesn't influence the game. Would much rather Brandan there so both him and Fitzy are constantly running at defenders. Just imagine the first 20 minutes against Sydney, but Brandan was doing what Fitzy was doing on the left.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, haz said:

I feel that Caceras is wasted being out wide and doesn't influence the game. Would much rather Brandan there so both him and Fitzy are constantly running at defenders. Just imagine the first 20 minutes against Sydney, but Brandan was doing what Fitzy was doing on the left.

I have the same thoughts. But actually with that set up especially early against Sydney. Bruno was very close to Cahill almost just behind and Caceras was very central just begging for an overlap. And if Colazo starts at lb he is capable of creating an overload on the left just as Fitzy Franjic and Bruno did at times. 

If it doesn't work then a straight swap for Kamau or Brandan could create a whole new load of problems. 

• Like 2