• Caceras
    • Fitzgerald
    • Fornaroli
    • Cahill
    • Tongyik
    • Brandan
    • Kamau

18 minutes ago, tommac said:

Examine my head coz I voted for Killer. He was great again. Such a leader for us- tries his arse off every game, and such quality in the middle of the park. 

My only criticism of Kilkenny is that sometimes he takes to many touches, Sydney had some early chances from him losing the ball.

For worst it was hands down Malik and Muscat. I thought Franjic was solid. Didn't have a fantastic game but wasn't too bad at all. 

I'll put Bruno up there as well though as one of our worst. Not anywhere near the likes of Malik and Muscat of course but compared to his standards he was very ordinary. Lost possession too easily, didn't put team mates through when opportunity presented themselves. On top of that the few runs he made into the penalty box he made an extremely poor touch that went metres too far in front of him resulting in a turnover. Never question his effort but he was very poor otherwise. 

10 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Didn't watch Brattan hey?

He was easily No.4, He put in some good tackles but I'm just used to him being shit lately I forget about him.

Ideal Formation IMO (With all players available)

----------------------Sorenson------------------------

--Franjic-----Tonyik----Jakobsen-------Rose/Colazo--

------------------------Malik----------------------------

-------------Kilkenny-----Caceras--------------------

Fitzy---------------Fornaroli-------------------Brandan

Rotating games for Malik (Kilkenny drops back to cdm), Caceras for Colazo, Rose for Colazo, Cahill for Caceras etc.

Its poor to see that our marquee Colazo seems to be a squadie atm, I still believe he has the skill though to play Bruno through on goals similar to Mooy's role last year.

Edited by haz

coin flip between Kilkenny and Fitzgerald.  

IIRC Fitzgerald finished fourth or fifth last season in our player of season awards despite only playing half a season.  has been very unfortunate to lose his starting position at the beginning of the season (although to be fair, Kamau did come in with a massive amount of hype and did have a decent start to the season), and his current form should in a way be expected given his general class and effort.

Edited by mattyh001

2 minutes ago, mattyh001 said:

coin flip between Kilkenny and Fitzgerald.  

IIRC Fitzgerald finished fourth or fifth last season in our player of season awards despite only playing half a season.  has been very unfortunate to lose his starting position at the beginning of the season (although to be fair, Kamau did come in with a massive amount of hype and did have a decent start to the season), and his current form should in a way be expected given his general class and effort.

Start of the season was a combination of Kamau starting well and Fitzy having a shocking start each time he came on

Edited by n i k o

Fitzy for me and amazed by the Kilkenny love. His worst game for the year who turned the ball over pretty frequently. Late in the game it was hilarious that he made a simple mistake then started ripping in to a teammate who was in no way responsible for his error (they did present etc).  He must be a nightmare to play with I'd reckon. Too intense at times and Bruno even biting back last night. 

A City coach told me a couple of years ago a good 6 should not turn the ball over more than twice a game. He was way off the mark last night and his decisions were often poor.  Intensity and effort are not negotiable, but at the end of the day this is a game of brains and what I saw last night was so many players not using theirs. Easy easy options being ignored and ending up in cul de sacs. Discussion with my son on the way home - do we have many smart footballers?  Sydney did the basics very very well and it seems to me most of their team have a pretty good handle on their capabilities - unlike a lot of our lads. 

Edited by Defibrillator

20 hours ago, n i k o said:

For worst it was hands down Malik and Muscat. I thought Franjic was solid. Didn't have a fantastic game but wasn't too bad at all. 

I'll put Bruno up there as well though as one of our worst. Not anywhere near the likes of Malik and Muscat of course but compared to his standards he was very ordinary. Lost possession too easily, didn't put team mates through when opportunity presented themselves. On top of that the few runs he made into the penalty box he made an extremely poor touch that went metres too far in front of him resulting in a turnover. Never question his effort but he was very poor otherwise. 

Say what you want about his performance, but the guy busts his guy for us week in week out. He looked like he'd been through a war towards the end of the match, but he kept fighting and even created a chance in the last minute. He gives 110% every week.

But the thing I was most impressed with was the fact that after a tough loss, he was the last player to go back into the rooms, he was out there signing things and thanking the fans for a lot longer than anyone else. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hellenic Hero said:

Say what you want about his performance, but the guy busts his guy for us week in week out. He looked like he'd been through a war towards the end of the match, but he kept fighting and even created a chance in the last minute. He gives 110% every week.

But the thing I was most impressed with was the fact that after a tough loss, he was the last player to go back into the rooms, he was out there signing things and thanking the fans for a lot longer than anyone else. 

There's no questioning anything you've said. I'm simply talking from a performance aspect. 

• Like 3

As far as Bruno is concerned his game wasn't up to his own standards and he knew it. The guy lives and dies for football and his club and nobody should question that. The City coaching staff have not made the Fornaroli-Cahill partnership work, but that's not the fault of Bruno or TC. We all know why CFG signed TC. I don't resile from the view that carrying the captain's role is also an unnecessary burden on Bruno (whether he asked for it or not is not the point - IMO it should not have been given to him). This season is just a further demonstration that if you don't get the management right it doesn't matter too much who's on the team itself - you won't get the results you are capable of getting. I've seen this in the various organizations I've worked for, so it's not just a football or sport management issue.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

As far as Bruno is concerned his game wasn't up to his own standards and he knew it. The guy lives and dies for football and his club and nobody should question that. The City coaching staff have not made the Fornaroli-Cahill partnership work, but that's not the fault of Bruno or TC. We all know why CFG signed TC. I don't resile from the view that carrying the captain's role is also an unnecessary burden on Bruno (whether he asked for or not is not the point - IMO it should not have been given to him). This season is just a further demonstration that if you don't get the management right it doesn't matter too much who's on the team itself - you won't get the results you are capable of getting. I've seen this in the various organizations I've worked for, so it's not just a football or sport management issue.

I'm beginning to think that you are about the only one who talks sense on this forum

• Like 1