Melbourne Football

Melbourne City vs Sydney FC 7:50pm, Friday 24th February

kingofhearts

I just honestly couldn't believe what Valkanis was thinking the minute i saw the starting line-up. How could there be so many changes to a team that had just won 5-1?

The only player who should've walked back into the team would've been jakobsen if he was healthy, but to bench tonyik and start muscat and malik in the middle of your defence, you're just asking for trouble! Has Valkanis not heard of the expression if it ain't broke don't fix it?

In saying that however we were quite competitive until muscat decided to tank the entire game by getting sent off. He has had a shocking couple of weeks and should not be in the team again. You can be competitive against sydney at least with 11 men, but the minute we went down to 10, i knew we were fucked.

It's just dissapointing that the season has gone so far off the rails, a decent coach would have us churning along quite nicely but instead, we're slowly collapsing at the end of every season like we usually do.

Edited by kingofhearts
  • Like 4

58 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

I just honestly couldn't believe what Valkanis was thinking the minute i saw the starting line-up. How could there be so many changes to a team that had just won 5-0?

The only player who should've walked back into the team would've been jakobsen if he was healthy, but to bench tonyik and start muscat and malik in the middle of your defence, you're just asking for trouble! Has Valkanis not heard of the expression if it ain't broke don't fix it?

In saying that however we were quite competitive until muscat decided to tank the entire game by getting sent off. He has had a shocking couple of weeks and should not be in the team again. You can be competitive against sydney at least with 11 men, but the minute we went down to 10, i knew we were fucked.

It's just dissapointing that the season has gone so far off the rails, a decent coach would have us churning along quite nicely but instead, we're slowly collapsing at the end of every season like we usually do.

completely agree, particularly when Valkanis did go with the same XI against Newcastle a few weeks ago after we beat the Mariners.  of the two games (a 5-1 win this time around against a 2-1 win ) it beats me why three changes (if i'm reading the team sheets correctly) and none then.

Edited by mattyh001