Melbourne Football

City Vs Roar, Sat 11/2 - 7.50pm - AAMI

neio

40 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

I'd love to know what the TV commentators made of that.  I hope they've called those refereeing decisions for what they were.

Rudan brought up that Rose went down easily for a free kick near the corner flag at the other end when Borrello clattered into his back about ten minutes before the penalty, saying that the ref was just being consistent. He's legitimately a joke.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, haz said:

I'm a ref. I know how it works :ph34r:

That was maybe/probably what happened, in my opinion. But at the end of the day the Fitzgerald penalty was one of those 'bit soft/there'd be ten penalties per game if all of those were given, but you give the ref the opportunity' situations. The Borrello penalty and the Caceres non-penalty were probably two of the worst penalty decisions that you'll see this year. So even if it was a square up, he still owes us.

• Like 1

Just now, Shahanga said:

Has nothing on the bench. Don't blame him this time.

Brisbane would be fucked. You've got two quick skifull players on the bench in Arzani and Ahmed. They should have came on earlier and just ran at their backs.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, haz said:

Brisbane would be fucked. You've got two quick skifull players on the bench in Arzani and Ahmed. They should have came on earlier and just ran at their backs.

Yeah then we'd have 5 youth players on the pitch. No thanks 

Fantastic result given the 9 players out and the hammering we coped from the ref in the first half.

Can't believe the commentators praising Brisbane. Gifted 2 goals and we had a pen not awarded, even with our dodgy pen they were still 2 up, we had 9 players out and they still couldn't win.

8 minutes ago, haz said:

Sorenson being a God 

You look st that game he had and think, what drugs are City coaching staff on that he was on the bench 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

You look at that game he had and think, what drugs are City coaching staff on that he was on the bench 

Exactly very similar to the Bravo situation in Manchester. Yes Dean can hit a ball up the field to release a winger 1/3 tries. But a goalkeeper number 1 job is to stop shots. If you want a goalkeeper you can just hit a pass just put Brattan inbetween the sticks, he'll enjoy not having to run.

Edited by haz
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

You look st that game he had and think, what drugs are City coaching staff on that he was on the bench 

And, for all we hear about Bouzanis' superior distribution. we seemed to move from end to end as well as we have in months with Sorensen in the goal. We were just missing a bit of class up forward. If that side could play the same way and perhaps bring in Fornaroli and someone else (Jakobsen, Franjic, Brandan), we could really look sharp against Wellington.

Edited by SF33
  • Like 1

Honestly couldn't be prouder with the come back and the fight that we showed today. #Yoof all you want, but Genreau and Pierias deserve a spot in the squad next week regardless of who comes back in from suspension. Not a win, but hopefully this is the kick that can push us on for the remainder of the season. 

1 minute ago, haz said:

Exactly very similar to the Bravo situation in Manchester. Yes Dean can hit a ball up the field to release a winger 1/3 tries. But a goalkeeper number 1 job is to stop shots. If you want a goalkeeper you can just hit a pass just put Brattan inbetween the sticks, he'll enjoy not having to run.

Not just stopping shots, fearlessly coming out and collecting crosses too. Plus helping out the defence with his experience.

Versus the occasional excellent pass.

Just now, Shahanga said:

Not just stopping shots, fearlessly coming out and collecting crosses too. Plus helping out the defence with his experience.

Versus the occasional excellent pass.

Thats correct, you can tell Tommy has been watching the AFL.

4 minutes ago, Victards said:

Honestly couldn't be prouder with the come back and the fight that we showed today. #Yoof all you want, but Genreau and Pierias deserve a spot in the squad next week regardless of who comes back in from suspension. Not a win, but hopefully this is the kick that can push us on for the remainder of the season. 

Was Pierias the number 36?  Had a fabulous game.  Where have they been hiding him?

He definitely wassnt outstanding but he did his job well. All you can ask for from the kid.

there is no way franjic doesn't get his spot back. But if I were retre I'd be looking over my shoulder with Generau coming through.

oh and great work by the club having the suspended players out signing autographs during the game. What a shit culture we have

Edited by Dylan

How good does Crowley look? No wonder he's such a threat in the NYL. 

What an effort from every single one of them, Kamau, Kilkenny and Tongyik the standouts for me while Sorensen had some vital interventions

Four goals scored, only one legitimate - quintessential A-league refereeing!