Melbourne Football

International Politics

Deeming

2 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Typical war mongering Hillary supporter 

I'm no Hillary supporter (I've mentioned that on here too) and I'm certainly no war mongerer. When I say it's a good move, I don't mean I support more war, I mean it's a good political move for Trump. Shows he has a pair and is willing to do more than talk, and also helps distance himself from the Kremlin a bit more by attacking one of their allies. Also it irks me seeing so many people are saying how foolish and wrong it is yet if Obama did the same thing (which he did many times) he would get praised or it would be ignored.

tl:dr - I don't like war but I respect the fact that Trump has made a baller move

21 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

I'm no Hillary supporter (I've mentioned that on here too) and I'm certainly no war mongerer. When I say it's a good move, I don't mean I support more war, I mean it's a good political move for Trump. Shows he has a pair and is willing to do more than talk, and also helps distance himself from the Kremlin a bit more by attacking one of their allies. Also it irks me seeing so many people are saying how foolish and wrong it is yet if Obama did the same thing (which he did many times) he would get praised or it would be ignored.

tl:dr - I don't like war but I respect the fact that Trump has made a baller move

It's almost 100 years since the "war to end all wars" concluded. It did nothing of the sort of course. Dropping bombs may show you have balls, may be "good" politically, but be it done by Obama or Trump or Putin or anyone else it won't solve anything.

• Like 1

I think it's a very measured and smart approach. Russia and Syria were warned before hand so they could evacuate people and some equipment, but at the end of the day the airfield used in the chemical attack is disabled. The US have stated that it's a one off attack. It sends the message that chemical attacks won't be tolerated without escalating the situation too much and without getting the US involved any further for now. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

It's almost 100 years since the "war to end all wars" concluded. It did nothing of the sort of course. Dropping bombs may show you have balls, may be "good" politically, but be it done by Obama or Trump or Putin or anyone else it won't solve anything.

Seemed to resolve a little disturbance in the pacific in the 40's......

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

A 35% vote for a far-right candidate may not have won the Presidency, but it's a hell of a big vote in the overall scheme of things. Not the same thing of course, but the biggest vote in our 2016 election was 34.7% to the ALP. 

• 3 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Deeming said:

Manchester bomber was a "soccer fan".

That explains his violence....

Screenshot_20170525-173634.png

The point of the headline is to show that he was seemingly an everyday English person that cherished the same thing that other people in the country also love, but still decided to do what he did. 

Save your outage for something else. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Actually, Qatar has been getting up the other Arab states noses by allowing Al-Jazeera to operate thus exposing the corruption, nepotism, incompetence, etc. So what Saudi labels terrorism is anyone questioning the Saud dynasty. Thus by labelling Qatar a terrorist state they hope that they can shut down any exposure. What comes out of it I don't know.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Shahanga said:

This whole "Qatar is a terrorist state" thing is very interesting. Seems like there is a lot to play out yet. Pretty serious accusation to make.

Saudi & Co are the real terrorist states, they're just mad Qatar is more interested in business than supporting terrorism alongside Saudi & Co. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Tesla said:

Saudi & Co are the real terrorist states, they're just mad Qatar is more interested in business than supporting terrorism alongside Saudi & Co. 

Saudi Arabia is easily in the top 5 fucked up countries in the world.

2 minutes ago, haz said:

Thought about this, but DR Congo (Africa in general), North Korea, and Pakistan would be close

Pakistan? Think it's a fair bit away from Saudi levels. DR Congo is irrelevant to the world. North Korea is fucked but mainly just internally, really it's just a big joke internationally. None beat Saudi tbh. 

1 minute ago, Tesla said:

Pakistan? Think it's a fair bit away from Saudi levels. DR Congo is irrelevant to the world. North Korea is fucked but mainly just internally, really it's just a big joke internationally. None beat Saudi tbh. 

d765503.jpg

I've worked with Saudis at an international level and last year I decided to be host to a Saudi student. I have also worked with people from various countries and backgrounds, and there is always a thread that I can connect to: alcohol, food, sport, women, music. Except the Saudis. These blokes were alien. Hence I thought if I hosted a student things may be different. Nah. The Saudi's would never have started civilization. They are infantile because an imam tells them how to wash their dick they just never grow up.

As for North Koreans - well I expect that the people (rather than their psycho government/bureaucracy) would be no different to the South Koreans. The Pakistanis have internal domestic problems but at least they know sports and quite a few drink. And the DR Congo is a civil war but at least they drink.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 7/2/2017 at 11:40 AM, NewConvert said:

I've worked with Saudis at an international level and last year I decided to be host to a Saudi student. I have also worked with people from various countries and backgrounds, and there is always a thread that I can connect to: alcohol, food, sport, women, music. Except the Saudis. These blokes were alien. Hence I thought if I hosted a student things may be different. Nah. The Saudi's would never have started civilization. They are infantile because an imam tells them how to wash their dick they just never grow up.

As for North Koreans - well I expect that the people (rather than their psycho government/bureaucracy) would be no different to the South Koreans. The Pakistanis have internal domestic problems but at least they know sports and quite a few drink. And the DR Congo is a civil war but at least they drink.

My sister just broke up with her Saudi boyfriend. Fuck he was a boring person. Never brought any beers over but was always happy to drink mine. 

• Like 3