Melbourne Football

Melbourne Derby: The XXIII Instalment......4th February 2017

n i k o

Don't know that the statistics say that there's much difference in results of derbies and those against the other clubs.

In the regular league season, our record is 7-5-9 against MV. We've never won more than one derby per season either.

For interest, the results against others are:
Adelaide: 6-5-9
Brisbane: 8-4-8
CCM: 5-5-10
Newcastle: 8-2-10
Perth: 5-7-8
Sydney: 6-9-4
Wellington: 7-6-7
WSW: 3-3-8.

Oddly enough our best record is against Sydney.

31 minutes ago, haz said:

Jesus we're shit.

10 minutes ago, japiedog said:

yep , and have been for a long time

And, you know, I really wonder whether the club ever looks at this sort of statistic, because I'm damned sure that if they did they would begin to understand why our memberships and attendances are poor, and why fans are continually frustrated with the club.

1 minute ago, jw1739 said:

And, you know, I really wonder whether the club ever looks at this sort of statistic, because I'm damned sure that if they did they would begin to understand why our memberships and attendances are poor, and why fans are continually frustrated with the club.

I was silly enough to sign up during the Aloisi losing run (about 8 games in), I'm obviously the sole reason why the club expects to still grow memberships and attendance :ph34r:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Don't know that the statistics say that there's much difference in results of derbies and those against the other clubs.

In the regular league season, our record is 7-5-9 against MV. We've never won more than one derby per season either.

For interest, the results against others are:
Adelaide: 6-5-9
Brisbane: 8-4-8
CCM: 5-5-10
Newcastle: 8-2-10
Perth: 5-7-8
Sydney: 6-9-4
Wellington: 7-6-7
WSW: 3-3-8.

Oddly enough our best record is against Sydney.

What are the stats in the City era though? I dare say Victory and perhaps Brisbane are the only ones we are behind on?

7 minutes ago, bt50 said:

What are the stats in the City era though? I dare say Victory and perhaps Brisbane are the only ones we are behind on?

My spreadsheet is by season. The takeover took place midway though the 2013/14 season, and the name "City" commenced with season 2014/15. I'd have to dig deeper if you want to start with the takeover, but if you'll accept the start of the 2014/15 season as the start of Melbourne City the numbers are:

Overall: 72 matches for 29-17-26 record. 40.3% win percentage.
Adelaide: 4-0-4
Brisbane: 4-2-2
CCM: 4-2-2
MV: 3-1-5
Newcastle: 4-0-4
Perth: 1-4-3
Sydney: 2-4-1
Wellington: 4-2-2
WSW: 3-2-3

6 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

My spreadsheet is by season. The takeover took place midway though the 2013/14 season, and the name "City" commenced with season 2014/15. I'd have to dig deeper if you want to start with the takeover, but if you'll accept the start of the 2014/15 season as the start of Melbourne City the numbers are:

Overall: 72 matches for 29-17-26 record. 40.3% win percentage.
Adelaide: 4-0-4
Brisbane: 4-2-2
CCM: 4-2-2
MV: 3-1-5
Newcastle: 4-0-4
Perth: 1-4-3
Sydney: 2-4-1
Wellington: 4-2-2
WSW: 3-2-3

Oh yeh start of 14/15 is what i meant. Perth :blink: