Melbourne Football

Melbourne Derby: The XXIII Instalment......4th February 2017

n i k o

Didn't see the game live, but to me that's offside every day of the week. 

Rojas passed the ball to an offside Berisha (so he's technically already impacted the play by having the ball passed to him) and then it can be easily argued that Muscat intervenes as he knows Berisha is there. 

That's just my take on it. Victory have four points thanks to the referees against just us, but of course the general populous believe we receive the rub of the green...?

Just like last derby, the offside goal and referees won't even have the spotlight put on them because it was entertaining and good for the neutral...

2 hours ago, n i k o said:

Because the club wanted to play this stupid three at the back they didn't see the need to keep Wilkinson. Imagine if we had Wilkinson and Jakobsen playing in central defence my god you might as well give us the trophy at the start of the season. 

Pretty sure Wilko wanted to leave so he was closer to family. But yes that would be a ripping back line :wub:

Also i thought we looked more unpredictable without Cahill and Caceras in the midfield also helped with that. We should have a better idea of how this looks with Cahill out this week Caceras should get another run.

Edited by HeartOfCity

8 hours ago, playmaker said:

I was having a discussion last night about our defence and comparing it to last year's Wilko, Kisnorbo, Sorensen combination and we were a bit unclear. It came up that Sorensen's experience and direction in defence was a major contribution to better defensive organisation, what do you guys think?

Don't think there is a defence to a racist remark afaik.

I agree 100% on both counts 

Disappointed with Cahill getting himself a red card from the bench. Game wasn't over, who knows maybe he could have come on and scored the winner. I know it was an emotional time (especially given the hammering Beath had given us) but you have to keep your cool. 

Also I know what people are saying about "if the ref canes you you just have to win anyway" but I think that's unrealistic in s salary cap league. when the ref denies 2 pens and awards a dodgy goal the only way you can win is if you're too good for the league.

anyway not losing sleep about it, hoping for better when we have our team back in 2 weeks.

Anybody know anything about the assault that happened after the game resulted in two city supporters injured and one severely caused by a cowards punch. I assume it was a bunch of victory supporters but it's now made mainstream news. Hope he gets better soon

1 hour ago, coys said:

Anybody know anything about the assault that happened after the game resulted in two city supporters injured and one severely caused by a cowards punch. I assume it was a bunch of victory supporters but it's now made mainstream news. Hope he gets better soon

My parents were talking about this tonight. They must have heard it on the radio. Scum being scum mob beating up a kid and kicking him on the ground. 

3 minutes ago, Deeming said:

My parents were talking about this tonight. They must have heard it on the radio. Scum being scum mob beating up a kid and kicking him on the ground. 

Apparently I've heard it was semi organised and there was always a risk but a cowards punch is a cowards punch regardless

11 minutes ago, coys said:

Apparently I've heard it was semi organised and there was always a risk but a cowards punch is a cowards punch regardless

Yeah well you heard incorrectly, a cowards punch on an individual who was simply minding their own business.

• Like 6

19 hours ago, Jacques Le Cube said:

Last night we didn't register a shot on target until the 58th minute. Kilkenny's deflected goal was the only goal we have scored from open play in the last 3 matches. These 2 stats are damning. A lot is said on this forum about our rubbish defence (and rightly so) but our attack is at least as bad.

Also, we only have 2 wins this season against teams currently in the top 6 (Victory and Newcastle).

Cahill's second againsy CCM? Bruno's tap in from Kamau assist against Adelaide? 

I swear people just make shit up.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bt50 said:

Cahill's second againsy CCM? Bruno's tap in from Kamau assist against Adelaide?

Cahill's second againsy CCM was from a corner, albeit a second phase ball. As for Bruno's tap in, although it was from open play, it wasn't in the last 3 matches.

2 hours ago, bt50 said:

I swear people just make shit up.

You don't say

9 minutes ago, Jacques Le Cube said:

Cahill's second againsy CCM was from a corner, albeit a second phase ball. As for Bruno's tap in, although it was from open play, it wasn't in the last 3 matches.

You don't say

Image result for moving goalposts gif

Edited by Embee
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Jacques Le Cube said:

You don't say

Fair enough. Although at what point does a set piece turn back into open play...

I took the last three matches to mean the last three matches played; being Adelaide, CCM & Newcastle. Not saying your point isnt valid, we are having some serious issues in attack, just felt you were making up stats to suit your argument. 

On 2/5/2017 at 9:17 PM, n i k o said:

No exaggeration they truly are scum 

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/soccer-fan-left-with-serious-head-injuries-after-violent-attack-in-melbournes-cbd/news-story/e2cb9a72e8fd78eae05b0962e3b786c2 

Yep, according to this article and video Victory supporters targeted some city fans that were minding there own business. FFS one city fan that was attacked was a teenager and the other has suffered serious head injuries after being king hit and continually attacked whilst already on the ground. Those cunts are most definitely the definition of fucking bottom feeding scum. Throwing bleach at South Melbourne Supporters in the NPL and now this shit, those criminals truly have no shame. 

Edited by TJV

1 hour ago, TJV said:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/soccer-fan-left-with-serious-head-injuries-after-violent-attack-in-melbournes-cbd/news-story/e2cb9a72e8fd78eae05b0962e3b786c2 

Yep, according to this article and video Victory supporters targeted some city fans that were minding there own business. FFS one city fan that was attacked was a teenager and the other has suffered serious head injuries after being king hit and continually attacked whilst already on the ground. Those cunts are most definitely the definition of fucking bottom feeding scum. Throwing bleach at South Melbourne Supporters in the NPL and now this shit, those criminals truly have no shame. 

Yep! And their club and FFA doing FA to punish them.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2017 at 10:47 PM, malloy said:

I hope we beat Victory in finals with a penalty that doesn't cross the line, yet is still given, with the penalty having been awarded for a tackle that wasn't a foul, on a player who was blatantly offside when receiving the ball. 

.....and that player being Brandan who dived and did 5 roles just to rub it into the cunts

On 2/5/2017 at 3:51 PM, Deluka said:

Didn't see the game live, but to me that's offside every day of the week. 

Rojas passed the ball to an offside Berisha (so he's technically already impacted the play by having the ball passed to him) and then it can be easily argued that Muscat intervenes as he knows Berisha is there. 

That's just my take on it. Victory have four points thanks to the referees against just us, but of course the general populous believe we receive the rub of the green...?

Just like last derby, the offside goal and referees won't even have the spotlight put on them because it was entertaining and good for the neutral...

No ones mentioned that Berisha being where he is effects Bouzanis' positioning also .May have been closer to the near post to save Muscats attempted clearance iif he didn't have Berisha to worry about.

• Like 3

On 2/5/2017 at 3:51 PM, johnno cpfc said:

Well the way i see it is, whilst we lost the game we in fact played much better than we have for the last seven or so matches the transition was much better the defence was better (well for most of the time) and it was not slooow and ponderous. Sure we made mistakes but it was a better spectacle to watch but the yellow cards dealt out were so lop sided it was a disgraceful refereeing exhibition by ALL the officials. As for the players well some of them should not have even been carded and some of them deserved what they got, which will be a week off next Saturday. As for Bouzanis you can say what you like but he is in for an extended layoff if it comes to the MRP  but Berisha is as much to blame for inciting the incident in the first place, the man is a known stirrer of the first order and a cry baby to boot ( typical Bully boy).

Cant agree more.

Was extremely disappointed we coughed up the win, but at the very least we pressed and pushed forward a hell of a lot more and if we continue in that manner, the season will end a hell of a lot better than the last couple of months. This weeks game against Brisbane is massive. We at least get a point with a depleted squad and i don't see the season being a right off just yet.

Even though Berisha does bring stuff like this onto himself, he didn't seem to let the comment get to him and if it really did offend him, we definitely would of known about it on the night

33 minutes ago, [LIBBA] said:

Even though Berisha does bring stuff like this onto himself, he didn't seem to let the comment get to him and if it really did offend him, we definitely would of known about it on the night

Because he is not a real gypsy and besides even his team mates and his own supporters call him that, there is even a gypsy terrace song.

1 hour ago, Mr MO said:

Because he is not a real gypsy and besides even his team mates and his own supporters call him that, there is even a gypsy terrace song.

Perhaps but its no different from calling him a spastic when he doesn't have cerebral palsy, it the impact of using the term as a term of derision on people who do have cerebral palsy. There are many accurate things that you can call Berisha that specifically apply to him

16 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

Perhaps but its no different from calling him a spastic when he doesn't have cerebral palsy, it the impact of using the term as a term of derision on people who do have cerebral palsy. There are many accurate things that you can call Berisha that specifically apply to him

That is right........I'm really offended when we sing about Berisha's nose who is always offside, it hurts as I have a big nose.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

That is right........I'm really offended when we sing about Berisha's nose who is always offside, it hurts as I have a big nose.

Funny you say that. I remember the first derby, I went with a mate and his missus. My mate and I were singing the "your nose was offside" to Berisha, but his missus has a big nose and she had no reaction nor did my mate care 

• Like 2