Melbourne Football

Melbourne Derby: The XXIII Instalment......4th February 2017

n i k o

1 minute ago, Cityamatic said:

Yeah was wondering what that was about, certainly looked lik  Bouzanis walked straight up to him, gave him a serve and stormed off. 

Can't think of any other explanation for Bouzanis' actions. Didn't see what Sorensen did.

11 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

It appears that video referrals do exist in our game, it was a clear own goal but judged offside by all referees on the attacking half until the linesman on the other side of the pitch had time to watch the replay on the screen....

Still think its offside. If you are forced into playing a ball to cover a player in an offside position then they are clearly interfering with play. 

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, SF33 said:

If tonight's result doesn't cause this club to do some serious soul searching (and right now, that's looking unlikely...it's all a plot against us apparently) then nothing ever will.

Fuck the lot of them. I hope it burns. They need it.

Yeah you know what? At least we looked a bit better.

Jacobsen plays out the match and maybe we hang on. 

Anyway I'd given up on the season a month ago, just want the club to stop going backwards.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Dylan said:

FFA cup curse

No it's not. As a club we don't have the grit and determination to hold a lead. Here we go again, leading with 5+5 minutes to go and then lose. Just go through this season and add up in how many league matches we've scored first. It's about 15 out of 18. Our win percentage in all our regular season A-League matches over seven seasons is now a miserable 31.6%.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, malloy said:

Still think its offside. If you are forced into playing a ball to cover a player in an offside position then they are clearly interfering with play. 

It was a cockup by Beath who had a shit game. The Albanian was offside and got involved in trying to score. Muscat only did what a defender has to do in that moment, that's clearing the ball.

• Like 1

Just now, Shahanga said:

Yeah you know what? At least we looked a bit better.

Jacobsen plays out the match and maybe we hang on. 

Anyway I'd given up on the season a month ago, just want the club to stop going backwards.

That's what I mean. Surely this is rock bottom and with us probably needing to promote about four players from the youth team just to put a side on the park, there's no expectations now for next week. So what I'm saying is that hopefully the players and coaches finally realise just how bad this is, take a bloody look in the mirror and start working to turn this club around, because right now, we're in year three and Melbourne City is going nowhere fast.

• Like 2

Just now, Dylan said:

I'm surprised the 'I want heart back' and 'I'm. Not emotionally attached to city' haven't started up again yet

I'm sort of at the same level I was when Aloisi was coaching. Hoping Perth, Wanderers and Newcastle hit a run of form and drop us out of the top six.

11 minutes ago, malloy said:

12 minutes ago, malloy said:

Ofside or not, this goal would not have counted without the video replay on the big screen, it worked in our disadvantage tonight, this call was made with a look on the screen and yes he was offside when the ball was played, but the main ref and lines called it off offside but the other 2 had time look at the screen...followed the replay they talked to him in his ear.

6 minutes ago, Dylan said:

TBH you can't give that muscat own goal as offside. It was our inability to defend a lead that cost us 

Pretty much the same situation occurred in the North London derby in November. The goal stood.

http://www.espnfc.com.au/english-premier-league/story/2991406/arsenal-goal-against-tottenham-hotspur-sparks-offside-rule-debate

43 minutes ago, hakz7 said:

Hope we finish 5th so I don't have to go to a finals game.

I hope we beat Victory in finals with a penalty that doesn't cross the line, yet is still given, with the penalty having been awarded for a tackle that wasn't a foul, on a player who was blatantly offside when receiving the ball. 

Edited by malloy
  • Like 5

We had these guys on the ropes after going 1 up but didn't have the killer instinct to finish them off, and it just sums up everything that's negative and timid about this club. We are doomed to finish outside the top 3 now and that's our season done because our best hope for finals was taking on victory in a derby semi final, now we will be lucky to make it out of week 1.

as for the goal yes it's clearly offside, berisha is making a deep offside run and Muscat is tracking that illegal run, he is forced into a sliding attempt on the ball by an offside player, its interference and a terrible decision, worse yet the commentators seem oblivious to this fact.

fornaroli having his foot stomped on in the box could have been penalty 1

geria charging into Brandon's back nowhere near the ball could have been penalty 2

of course neither was given.

fuck this Mickey Mouse league seriously, can't wait until footy, npl etc starts,

Edited by Geo400
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Geo400 said:

We had these guys on the ropes after going 1 up but didn't have the killer instinct to finish them off, and it just sums up everything that's negative and timid about this club. We are doomed to finish outside the top 3 now and that's our season done because our best hope for finals was taking on victory in a derby semi final, now we will be lucky to make it out of week 1.

as for the goal yes it's clearly offside, berisha is making a deep offside run and Muscat is tracking that illegal run, he is forced into a sliding attempt on the ball by an offside player, its interference and a terrible decision, worse yet the commentators seem oblivious to this fact.

fuck this Mickey Mouse league seriously, can't wait until footy, npl etc starts,

Fuck me, what do you see in footy where you can say the standard is good?

7 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Pretty much the same situation occurred in the North London derby in November. The goal stood.

http://www.espnfc.com.au/english-premier-league/story/2991406/arsenal-goal-against-tottenham-hotspur-sparks-offside-rule-debate

Different situation. In that case, only Koscielny attempted to head the ball, aka interfering the play, and he was in fact not in an offside position. So goal stood.

On the other hand, Berisha attempted to attack in that play and he was in an offside position.  Since that no goal.

5 minutes ago, JC22 said:

That bloody stings but the season over talk is rubbish. We'll play finals, where anything can happen.

Anyone got any insight into what happened with Timmy? Couldn't tell from etihad.

He looked like he said something. But to get a straight red without even getting on is superb effort. Must have been pretty bad.