Melbourne Football

Round 15 vs Adelaide 12th January, Thursday

kingofhearts

Terrible half, yes we should be leading 1-2 but that doesn't change the facts. 

We can't defend

despite leading the league in balls into the box we are probably last in 'effective balls into the box'

Attacking transition is so slow, first ball is always backwards

Rarely get the second ball

Against a good team we'd be down 3 or 4 goals

• Like 1

Serious question, from someone who watches alot of football but hasn't played at any great level

With the passing back to Bouzanis every second kick,  is that the defense just doing it cause that's the plan,  or is Bouzanis calling for it?  Cause sometimes it's bloody dangerous and I can never work out who is at fault 

1 minute ago, neio said:

Serious question, from someone who watches alot of football but hasn't played at any great level

With the passing back to Bouzanis every second kick,  is that the defense just doing it cause that's the plan,  or is Bouzanis calling for it?  Cause sometimes it's bloody dangerous and I can never work out who is at fault 

jvs

1 minute ago, neio said:

JVS is at fault. He has instilled the back pass in their minds.

4 minutes ago, neio said:

Yeah it's a tactic that hardly any team in the world uses because it doesn't work, but someone decided it's good for us even though it doesn't work.

Edited by playmaker

2 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

You say "apologist". I say "different opinion".

anywsy he's done another one now, but it just seems he is often the scapegoat same as Hoffman et al. Reality is the whole team didnt play well 

When someone consistently underperforms his teammates, i believe they should face scrutiny. You're welcome to disagree 

1 minute ago, fensaddler said:

So crap as we've been, we should be 2-0 up?

Hardly. I thought their goal was onside and that one of theirs disallowed well it came off Jacobsen so we might have got lucky? Plus they've largely butchered their chances, including a 1 v1. So perhaps we should be 4-2 down?