Melbourne Football

Iniesta to Melbourne City?!!

jeffplz

My source at the club confirmed that a tele-conference between Iniestas representatives, us and Manchester big wigs occurred over night. The washup is that Barca's initial offer was sub-par and he is willing to try something new, be it Aus or US. We are somewhat reserved as it may be a ploy to tempt Barca into a better offer.

My source within the club has confirmed to me that Iniesta will sign as part of a swap-deal for Josh Rose. In return for them getting Josh Rose we will recieve Iniesta as well as a transfer fee in excess of €15 million. Personally think we should be pushing for more, but it is clear from looking at our team that the part of the field we have the least depth is midfield. Happy to give this Iniesta guy a shot if the CFG scouts think he's worth it. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

My source within the club has confirmed to me that Iniesta will sign as part of a swap-deal for Josh Rose. In return for them getting Josh Rose we will recieve Iniesta as well as a transfer fee in excess of €15 million. Personally think we should be pushing for more, but it is clear from looking at our team that the part of the field we have the least depth is midfield. Happy to give this Iniesta guy a shot if the CFG scouts think he's worth it. 

Like your work, always a spot at left back 😉

8 hours ago, GreenSeater said:

What a load of cobblers, we aren't signing Iniesta to play midfield, he's a shoe in for left back

• Like 1

2 hours ago, belaguttman said:

What a load of cobblers, we aren't signing Iniesta to play midfield, he's a shoe in for left back

Well now I'm a lot more confused? Why replace Josh Rose at left back with some Spanish kid? I've hardly heard of him. I'm really hoping this isn't a waste of a visa spot

8 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

Well now I'm a lot more confused? Why replace Josh Rose at left back with some Spanish kid? I've hardly heard of him. I'm really hoping this isn't a waste of a visa spot

Can see this Iniesta bloke being benched in the 2018/19 season for Retre after winning the Johnny Warren Medal next year

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

I haven't been able to find even a single YouTube clip of him playing Left Back

Just got a message from Pablo Diego José Francisco de Paula Juan Nepomuceno María de los Remedios Cipriano, who is my Spanish contact that after watching the adelaide game that he has lost interest. He doesn't think he can be effective with the current game strategy and tactics. :mellow:

Edited by playmaker

1 minute ago, playmaker said:

Just got a message from Pablo Diego José Francisco de Paula Juan Nepomuceno María de los Remedios Cipriano, who is my Spanish contact that after watching watching adelaide game that he has lost interest. He doesn't think he can be effective with the current game strategy and tactics. :mellow:

He can learn to back pass

• Like 3

• jw1739 locked this topic