Melbourne Football

Iniesta to Melbourne City?!!

jeffplz

9 minutes ago, jeffplz said:

Just heard from a very reliable inside source that we're offering a contract to Iniesta. @haz confirm

Heard the same. I got told that Colazo is homesick and is considering not to extend his loan with us next year. And they are now beginning talks with Iniesta for the new marquee or guest player for us next season! Holllyyyyyyyyyyy can't believe we will see him at Aami!

• Like 2

Andres Iniesta has confirmed he has held talks with Barcelona over a contract renewal and is confident Melbourne City will agree terms sooner rather than later.

The 32-year-old's existing deal is due to expire in 2018, but he is keen to commit his long-term future from 2017 to the Melbourne City Football Club with which he wants to spend the rest of his professional career.

"We have spoken, but I still have a year-and-a-half on my contract," Iniesta was quoted as saying by Sport.

"For everything to be calm, the most logical thing would be for it to be done as soon as possible."

"I have had problems and things between me and the club haven't always been clear. We approach these matters in a discrete way, but with how things are going on the pitch, I am optimistic for the future move to Melbourne as negotiations have progressed well ."

"I have said it a million times, but I am in control, not the club. I am not the club's president. I understand that if my performance and situation is optimal, there will not be any problems with the move but it is not something which I can decide on my own."

"I understand the club have the same thoughts and I hope the next news is that the matter has been closed. Also the thought of playing along side the legends such as Bruno, Timmy and Chich, and the possibility of Kerem joining as well, makes the decision so much easier.  

Also the fact that i get the opportunity to destroy the Victards and see Musctard's bald, fat head turn red and possibly burst a vein will make my life whole again."

Edited by playmaker
  • Like 3

Just now, haz said:

We all thought that us signing Koren was BS and unbelievable until our overlords pulled it off and made him a club legend!

You have a point, I remember we got the Maltese messi in a stroke of genius as well. :)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, playmaker said:
Andres Iniesta has confirmed he has held talks with Barcelona over a contract renewal and is confident Melbourne City will agree terms sooner rather than later.

The 32-year-old's existing deal is due to expire in 2018, but he is keen to commit his long-term future from 2017 to the Melbourne City Football Club with which he wants to spend the rest of his professional career.

"We have spoken, but I still have a year-and-a-half on my contract," Iniesta was quoted as saying by Sport.

"For everything to be calm, the most logical thing would be for it to be done as soon as possible."

"I have had problems and things between me and the club haven't always been clear. We approach these matters in a discrete way, but with how things are going on the pitch, I am optimistic for the future move to Melbourne as negotiations have progressed well ."

"I have said it a million times, but I am in control, not the club. I am not the club's president. I understand that if my performance and situation is optimal, there will not be any problems with the move but it is not something which I can decide on my own."

"I understand the club have the same thoughts and I hope the next news is that the matter has been closed. Also the thought of playing along side the legends such as Bruno, Timmy and Chich, and the possibility of Kerem joining as well, makes the decision so much easier.  

Also the fact that i get the opportunity to destroy the Victards and see Musctard's bald, fat head turn red and possibly burst a vein will make my life whole again."

Love it! 😂

• Like 1

• jw1739 locked this topic