Melbourne Football

Warren Joyce. As predicted by Serb Hair Dresser.. Goneski

Dylan

The official statements from the club simply say only that "Michael Valkanis has been appointed interim first team coach with immediate effect while the Club conducts a search for a permanent replacement for van’t Schip." All the other appointments are also interim only. 

At this stage I'd say anyone's guess is as good as anyone else's, but I suppose that the absence of the phrase "until the end of the season" indicates that if someone suitable is available then he will be appointed before then.

• Like 1

I feel like at this stage, with 11 games remaining, appointing someone is become less likely as each week goes by.

Still plenty of games remaining to get our form back up but it's just looking less likely we will appoint someone before the seasons out. Feel like the club has been very hush hush on a lot of things with vague answers from the club.

1 hour ago, nickromas said:

I feel like at this stage, with 11 games remaining, appointing someone is become less likely as each week goes by.

Still plenty of games remaining to get our form back up but it's just looking less likely we will appoint someone before the seasons out. Feel like the club has been very hush hush on a lot of things with vague answers from the club.

Are you new to the Forum? Because that's the CFG way - they don't talk very often, if at all, about what they are going to do or might do, they talk about what they've done. It's nigh on impossible to get information leaked from someone on the inside.

1 hour ago, MCY HERO said:

Fucken shit recruitment at the club we should have locked a coach in by now we are so bad.

IIRC the Board of Melbourne City determined that all things considered with Valkanis we could still achieve the objectives set for this season. Therefore they were prepared to see whether he could deliver.

The argument about getting a new coach in half-way through the season is the same as the injury-replacement player argument - where are you going to get the right person at this point in time? If they are successful with their current club they're probably not going to want to come, and if they're unemployed do we really want them anyway?

Di Canio, Gattuso or anyone who will come in and fuck shit up. I'm over hearing how we controlled play yet didn't get the 3 points we apparently deserved despite the opposition playing a man short for an hour. I want to see the players berated when they pass the ball across the backline for 5 minutes to allow the opposition to park the bus. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mus-28 said:

Di Canio, Gattuso or anyone who will come in and fuck shit up. I'm over hearing how we controlled play yet didn't get the 3 points we apparently deserved despite the opposition playing a man short for an hour. I want to see the players berated when they pass the ball across the backline for 5 minutes to allow the opposition to park the bus. 

I'd love to have the far right-wing nutter Di Canio. Make it happen CFG!

2 hours ago, bt50 said:

Ghana beaten by Cameroon in the Semi Final this morning. Bit stiff tbh, dominated but struggled to create real clear cut chances then conceded a sloppy goal with 15 to go. Avram's our man :tooth:

Just unlucky. I bet they were banging them in for fun at training though.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, jw1739 said:

TBH I'm at the point when I don't care too much who the new coach is. Just as long as it's somebody who does something different, says something different, and who will shake the club out of being totally bland and boring.

one of those close to home, that's a nutcase and would say what he wants, but would have a player revolt after 2 weeks , and a fan revolt after 1 week

John Kosmina :tooth:

35 minutes ago, japiedog said:

one of those close to home, that's a nutcase and would say what he wants, but would have a player revolt after 2 weeks , and a fan revolt after 1 week

John Kosmina :tooth:

Of course (and as you guessed) I was referring to the choice from the realistic possibilities...and Kossie wouldn't be on that list.

Arnold will make a difference. We must postpone this Dutch football experiment simply because we won't be able to find sutable players for this cosidering the cap and Aleague status. We need somebody with proven local record and Arni is the man. Hate to say it but I prefer boring result rather than rollercoster, inconsistency and fireworks.

8 hours ago, MXG said:

Arnold will make a difference. We must postpone this Dutch football experiment simply because we won't be able to find sutable players for this cosidering the cap and Aleague status. We need somebody with proven local record and Arni is the man. Hate to say it but I prefer boring result rather than rollercoster, inconsistency and fireworks.

I'd just like a club which under promises and over delivers, and goes about its business with more respect for its fans and its history.  And reminds its players that we work to a higher standard, on and off the pitch, than our noisy neighbours.

• Like 2

And we will never get it unless we make game a bit more defensive and more direct in the final third. I am having a physical pain when Brattan takes a ball and literally stops thinking what to do next. With the available players, low quality refs and Australian climate our game plan will never work.

1 minute ago, MXG said:

And we will never get it unless we make game a bit more defensive and more direct in the final third. I am having a physical pain when Brattan takes a ball and literally stops thinking what to do next. With the available players, low quality refs and Australian climate our game plan will never work.

Adelaide and Brisbane

• Like 1

Why don't we just give Sir Alex a call then you might see some change in attitude from the players. Just imagine at  half  time with our team playing like limp pricks , out comes the blow dryer. I know i am just dreaming but it is something like that which will awaken our team to the realities of playing for City.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, johnno cpfc said:

Why don't we just give Sir Alex a call then you might see some change in attitude from the players. Just imagine at  half  time with our team playing like limp pricks , out comes the blow dryer. I know i am just dreaming but it is something like that which will awaken our team to the realities of playing for City.

Boots to the head. Every single one of them

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/02/2017 at 8:47 AM, Dylan said:

Adelaide and Brisbane

Exactly.

we don't have to play direct to win, that's just crap. In fact it's also crap football to watch. (I couldn't be bothered arguing before).

in attack though we do need to move the ball so much faster. In defence, yeah we need to defend. Those are the 2 (major) changes we need.