Jump to content
Melbourne Football
Dylan

Wazza Watch

Recommended Posts

fensaddler    438
7 hours ago, n i k o said:

Whispers, rumours, conjecture, opinions....Is someone trying to distabalise the club or the team? 

And who might that be? I think it started about Wednesday...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jw1739    7,104
9 hours ago, n i k o said:

Whispers, rumours, conjecture, opinions....Is someone trying to distabalise the club or the team? 

This is a football forum, and it's what you get when there are no clear "official" statements, explanations, rebuttals etc. etc. when a story hits the media.

People comment nearly every week about why Fernando isn't mentioned in the team list - all that speculation would be cleared up if the club gave an update on his rehab. Wrt Cahill, a club wouldn't normally comment on an internal matter, but Cahill is an icon of the Australian game and the media is all over the story like a rash. A statement from the club would help clear the air.

In the meantime the speculation will continue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
belaguttman    3,804
1 hour ago, fensaddler said:

And who might that be? I think it started about Wednesday...

It started Wednesday evening just after the Socceroos game, just at the time when Bambi opened his mouth

19 hours ago, johnno cpfc said:

And when you have oversize ego's in the changeroom (Cahil) there will be disruptions.

 

There'll always be one ego larger than the others, even in the U12s. It's the coach's job to manage this

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fensaddler    438
1 minute ago, belaguttman said:

It started Tuesday evening just after the Socceroos game, just at the time when Bambi opened his mouth

That was Wednesday night? But yes, I agree on where it started...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jovan    3,080

If the Fernando rumour is true then there is a major issue and it basically stems from Wazza. Now the Cahill saga from what I can tell is really caused by Cahill's personal needs and ego but this new Fernando situation is something different. 

Now I'm from a school of thought that at a proffessional soccer club not all players are equal. That some are more important than others and alternatively some are less important. To treat all equally and on their merits is all well and good but ultimately its about winning and sometimes you need to make exceptions and alternative rules or boundaries to accommodate better players. Now there is a point where your authority can be undermined but by and large if you make the rules and "manage" some players then you should be able to create a strong culture and retain the more talented players.

So in this case for me as long as it's clear whats expected then some things can be overlooked to keep good players. 

So essentially as a manager you need to select the best players available to the way you want to play or the way in which you think will win the upcoming game and sticking with concrete rules can be detrimental especially short term but also in the long run.

So by and large a manager needs to manage and not police.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dylan    4,160

Old Wazza is going down the anglo route of getting rid off all the exciting players and making us as boring as bat shit even this merit based approach we have heard from him has been exposed as a total sham. 

Anyway I have thought this all along but its clear what he likes, young players and 'Yes' men because they are obedient. Too piss weak to handle a senior player. I bet he tries to shelve off Bruno next. 

 

 back to out before Xmas again IMO. 

 

 

 

Edited by Dylan
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
malloy    3,157
2 hours ago, Jovan said:

If the Fernando rumour is true then there is a major issue and it basically stems from Wazza. Now the Cahill saga from what I can tell is really caused by Cahill's personal needs and ego but this new Fernando situation is something different. 

Now I'm from a school of thought that at a proffessional soccer club not all players are equal. That some are more important than others and alternatively some are less important. To treat all equally and on their merits is all well and good but ultimately its about winning and sometimes you need to make exceptions and alternative rules or boundaries to accommodate better players. Now there is a point where your authority can be undermined but by and large if you make the rules and "manage" some players then you should be able to create a strong culture and retain the more talented players.

So in this case for me as long as it's clear whats expected then some things can be overlooked to keep good players. 

So essentially as a manager you need to select the best players available to the way you want to play or the way in which you think will win the upcoming game and sticking with concrete rules can be detrimental especially short term but also in the long run.

So by and large a manager needs to manage and not police.

The only extra accomodation for better players should be financial accomodation i.e. larger pay packet. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jovan    3,080
31 minutes ago, rass said:

FWIW, I reckon Joyce is going ok. Yeah there may have been some things he could have done differently, but all in all, the team is good shape.

I think he can only choose who he sees is training the hardest, is suitable for the job that week and with caution to changing a winning side. I also think he won't buckle down to TC's pressure and will continue doing things his way.

On some of the matters of concern here on the forum, I can confirm Brandan, Ross and Timmy all trained today. The only missing were Bruno (doing work inside) and Carrusca. Brandan looks ok, but in game scenarios it is obvious he is very rusty and judging by some of the sprints, he's still a way to go before being fit. But he's probably not that far off breaking into the game day squad - won't happen this week however imo.

I reckon we'll see some interesting changes this week that should please a few of us on here. Scratch that - most of us on here are happier thinking the world would end, so no doubt would find issue in anything we do, unless we win 14-0 every week.

Oh and Budzinski is getting fitter week by week and running much better than what he did when i watched him train before Round 1.

 

Great post. Cheers.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wombegongal    459
18 hours ago, haz said:

So far 'Rossco' doesnt even deserve a spot on the U16 team

Yeah he is struggling in front of goals from open play. Every time he misses a sitter I think 20 million has the world gone mad?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
belaguttman    3,804
6 hours ago, rass said:

FWIW, I reckon Joyce is going ok. Yeah there may have been some things he could have done differently, but all in all, the team is good shape.

I think he can only choose who he sees is training the hardest, is suitable for the job that week and with caution to changing a winning side. I also think he won't buckle down to TC's pressure and will continue doing things his way.

On some of the matters of concern here on the forum, I can confirm Brandan, Ross and Timmy all trained today. The only missing were Bruno (doing work inside) and Carrusca. Brandan looks ok, but in game scenarios it is obvious he is very rusty and judging by some of the sprints, he's still a way to go before being fit. But he's probably not that far off breaking into the game day squad - won't happen this week however imo.

I reckon we'll see some interesting changes this week that should please a few of us on here. Scratch that - most of us on here are happier thinking the world would end, so no doubt would find issue in anything we do, unless we win 14-0 every week.

Oh and Budzinski is getting fitter week by week and running much better than what he did when i watched him train before Round 1.

 

That would be great news, all I want is to be pleased

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hellenic Hero    207
8 hours ago, rass said:

FWIW, I reckon Joyce is going ok. Yeah there may have been some things he could have done differently, but all in all, the team is good shape.

I think he can only choose who he sees is training the hardest, is suitable for the job that week and with caution to changing a winning side. I also think he won't buckle down to TC's pressure and will continue doing things his way.

On some of the matters of concern here on the forum, I can confirm Brandan, Ross and Timmy all trained today. The only missing were Bruno (doing work inside) and Carrusca. Brandan looks ok, but in game scenarios it is obvious he is very rusty and judging by some of the sprints, he's still a way to go before being fit. But he's probably not that far off breaking into the game day squad - won't happen this week however imo.

I reckon we'll see some interesting changes this week that should please a few of us on here. Scratch that - most of us on here are happier thinking the world would end, so no doubt would find issue in anything we do, unless we win 14-0 every week.

Oh and Budzinski is getting fitter week by week and running much better than what he did when i watched him train before Round 1.

 

Maybe he won't at all...

IMG_3568.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rass    1,016
39 minutes ago, Hellenic Hero said:

Maybe he won't at all...

IMG_3568.PNG

I can only tell you what i saw with my own eyes and that is he trained today.

The main part of training was a sharp game between what looked a starting 11 and a secondary 11. Brandan didn't play in either; he trained off to the side with a few of the younger guys. He then joined the second 11 after a short drinks break where he had some nice touches but was very rusty.

They then did some sprint work where he was off the pace. He was in good spirits though and was chatty after training. 

I hope he stays as he's a real talent and we can't expect Kamau and Fitzy to play a full 90 minutes every week, though the move of Brattan to a wing has given us some extra flexibility now. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jovan    3,080
17 minutes ago, Missing_Moy said:

Great presser from the Gaffer

theres nothing in the Cahill or Mccormack reports

4-0 win over glory !!

Link to presser.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dylan    4,160
20 minutes ago, Missing_Moy said:

Great presser from the Gaffer

theres nothing in the Cahill or Mccormack reports

4-0 win over glory !!

Lol mate what the coach says at a press conference should be the last thing you use to justify dismissing those reports.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jw1739    7,104
1 hour ago, Jovan said:

Link to presser.

 

56 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Lol mate what the coach says at a press conference should be the last thing you use to justify dismissing those reports.

That's pretty cynical. I'd rather think that he's being refreshingly honest. Did you listen to what he actually said about McCormack's training routine - the swimming for example? He's not going to make that sort of thing up.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HEARTinator    1,009
25 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

 

That's pretty cynical. I'd rather think that he's being refreshingly honest. Did you listen to what he actually said about McCormack's training routine - the swimming for example? He's not going to make that sort of thing up.

That's a very interesting insight into Wazza and his coaching style. He comes across as pretty down to earth, won't take bullshit from players or media, and challenges the younger guys to be in the Socceroos lineup. Above all else, the over riding aim is to give 100% for the team. Like :up:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dylan    4,160
59 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

 

That's pretty cynical. I'd rather think that he's being refreshingly honest. Did you listen to what he actually said about McCormack's training routine - the swimming for example? He's not going to make that sort of thing up.

No he wont make that up, but that could easily be not describing how it has been every day, or how he has been recently or he could have picked a random day from this week that he did that.  You say its cynical. Fine, and you can choose to think that he is telling the truth which has no bearing on the fact if he is or issnt. At the end of the day, the press conference is to spin stories on both sides and for Joyce, first and foremost, protect the players. He did not say the story was incorrect.

Edited by Dylan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jw1739    7,104
1 hour ago, Dylan said:

No he wont make that up, but that could easily be not describing how it has been every day, or how he has been recently or he could have picked a random day from this week that he did that.  You say its cynical. Fine, and you can choose to think that he is telling the truth which has no bearing on the fact if he is or issnt. At the end of the day, the press conference is to spin stories on both sides and for Joyce, first and foremost, protect the players. He did not say the story was incorrect.

No he didn't, but he also didn't say a whole lot of other things. That's not a strong argument, IMO, for saying that the story was correct.

One of my pet gripes is that I can't hear what's actually asked by the journos, but was he asked directly whether McCormack was disciplined - i.e. dropped - for being late for training? Alternatively was he asked directly whether the report of same in the Herald Sun was accurate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
n i k o    4,936
22 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

No he didn't, but he also didn't say a whole lot of other things. That's not a strong argument, IMO, for saying that the story was correct.

One of my pet gripes is that I can't hear what's actually asked by the journos, but was he asked directly whether McCormack was disciplined - i.e. dropped - for being late for training? Alternatively was he asked directly whether the report of same in the Herald Sun was accurate?

Completely inaccurate. Wazza confirmed 100% that he wasn't dropped becasue of disciplinary reasons. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dylan    4,160

Anyway, Windley has doubled down on it and Joyce didnt deny it directly. There is only one person waffling about this issue and it issnt Windley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bt50    3,335
1 minute ago, Dylan said:

Anyway, Windley has doubled down on it and Joyce didnt deny it directly. There is only one person waffling about this issue and it issnt Windley

751fd4c2_yes-u-are-meme-generator-yes-ye

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×