Melbourne Football

Warren Joyce. As predicted by Serb Hair Dresser.. Goneski

Dylan

10 hours ago, Jovan said:

I don't buy the "it takes time" argument in this situation.Ā 

Wazza has had a 3 monthsĀ to organize what he wants. He has a massive behind the scenes set up to get what he wants to be able to put together a competitive team. A after that Cup performance, Ā the team and him personally ballsed it up massively.Ā 

Now I'm not suggesting for a second that he needs to go or be replaced but from his first test the team and he as head coach failed miserably.Ā 

But to say he needs time doesn't wash with me. How long? 6 months? Or are we going to repeat the Aliosi debacle.

Wazza was announced June 19. So for argument sake lets say he has had all of July August and September to put together a decent playing team and for further arguments sake should be compared directly to Adelaide and their development. Mind you they had a very poor core squad to begin with.Ā 

So basically Wazza has had plenty of time and resources and because so zero excuses.Ā 

As I've stated several times I'll wait till round 7 but what I've seen so far doesn't fill me with any joy.

He should be given as much time as every other team this season that has a new coach

47 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Well now we will have three teams with new managers to judge Wazza against. Massive Lol if WSW finish above usĀ 

Good point this. I think thats 4 now?Ā 

I would say we have a better squad then Jets, and Nux. The real comparison will be against Adelaide and WSW

Watching his press conference - this guy is so fuckin boring and sounds thick as a plank.Ā  He barely comprehends the questions.Ā  I find it really hard to imagine how he impressed enough in an interview to make up for his poor CV.

But who knows, maybe that's what you need to succeed in the A-league.Ā  Hopefully our players respond well to that sort of thing.

4 minutes ago, Herman Cain said:

Watching his press conference - this guy is so fuckin boring and sounds thick as a plank.Ā  He barely comprehends the questions.Ā  I find it really hard to imagine how he impressed enough in an interview to make up for his poor CV.

But who knows, maybe that's what you need to succeed in the A-league.Ā  Hopefully our players respond well to that sort of thing.

Disagree was pretty straightforward and honest.

we don't need an entertainer as a manager.

4 hours ago, Herman Cain said:

I didn't see or hear it the way you did. In fact I rather appreciated his honesty concerning the Cup defeat at the hands of Sydney. And I haven't heard the word "gel" yet, which is a plus.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I didn't see or hear it the way you did. In fact I rather appreciated his honesty concerning the Cup defeat at the hands of Sydney. And I haven't heard the word "gel" yet, which is a plus.

More importantly I want to hear what he has to say when we lose a game. Will flip my table if after Round 20 we lose to Nux or Newcastle and he uses the excuse of "Still trying to play as a team", "We are still trying to get our game plan correct", "I thought we played well enough to win", "We were unlucky"

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Torn Asunder said:

For those who didn't pick up a copy of City Insider, here is Wazza's thoughts on the commencement of the season

Ā 

IMG_3540.thumb.JPG.69bf55bdcf76700b3ff14b90f25e6fd9.JPG

Ā 

Wait hes not wearing shorts? He must be held at gunpoint for this photo.

Also people saying that hes old school.... hes wearing a smart watch!

16 hours ago, Shahanga said:

Love Joyce's press conferences. Bullshit seems completely absent.Ā 

Straight forward, honest and factual. It's clear he's not resting on his laurels, knows the team needs to improve and is working on doing that, whilst trying to win every single game.Ā 

Love the repeated emphasis on "the club" ("the cloob"). "Workin' hard every day - it'sĀ really what yer want around a football cloob, in't it?"

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1