Melbourne Football

Warren Joyce. As predicted by Serb Hair Dresser.. Goneski

Dylan

Manager has already been appointed.Ā 

Not in the know but the two rumours we have had said the end of may. Now logically, it makes sense that the decision and manager would have most likely been finalized etcĀ at those dates,Ā But obviously not announced. Which there are a few reasons why. We have had all the Socceroos stuff plus Argentina at CFG so I'm not surprised they have held back. The only thing we could probably be sure of is that they will announce it before next Monday

Ā 

Edited by Dylan

2 hours ago, Dylan said:

Manager has already been appointed.Ā 

Not in the know but the two rumours we have had said the end of may. Now logically, it makes sense that the decision and manager would have most likely been finalized etcĀ at those dates,Ā But obviously not announced. Which there are a few reasons why. We have had all the Socceroos stuff plus Argentina at CFG so I'm not surprised they have held back. The only thing we could probably be sure of is that they will announce it before next Monday

I no longer know what to think. Each passing day makes me wonder more about WTF is going on at Bundoora.

I can't see the point in waiting for the "clear news day" to announce a new Melbourne City coach, because there will always be a news story that the media would see as more important than that. In fact I would think it better to announce it while at least some members of the general public are actually thinking about football for a change - piggy-back on Argentina, Brazil, Messi etc. rather than wait for the hype to die down.

I would have thought that after the miserable end to last season the club would have been trying its hardest to maintain and generate interest in Melbourne City. At the moment it just appears to be a club that can't make decisions.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

I no longer know what to think. Each passing day makes me wonder more about WTF is going on at Bundoora.

I can't see the point in waiting for the "clear news day" to announce a new Melbourne City coach, because there will always be a news story that the media would see as more important than that. In fact I would think it better to announce it while at least some members of the general public are actually thinking about football for a change - piggy-back on Argentina, Brazil, Messi etc. rather than wait for the hype to die down.

I would have thought that after the miserable end to last season the club would have been trying its hardest to maintain and generate interest in Melbourne City. At the moment it just appears to be a club that can't make decisions.

It's ok jw. What will be will be.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Que Sera Sera doesnt ring strongly here fyi.

New song??????

Que Sera SeraĀ 

Whatever will be will be

43 minutes ago, Deeming said:

There's no point waiting til a clear news day unless they are appointing a massive name that your average sports fan knows.

Spot on just announce it though, if its that big of a name it will be on the back cover of the sun otherwise it will 10pages deep fromĀ the back.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

You're right. I mustn't fret. This week we're promised updates from the "Young Leaders" get-together in Manchester.

On a more interesting note IĀ noticed my post was edited by yourself 3 min ago.Ā Explanation please..

Edited by n i k o

11 minutes ago, n i k o said:

On a more interesting note IĀ noticed my post was edited by yourself 3 min ago.Ā Explanation please..

I changed "good news day" to "clear news day" in the quoted post, which was what I should have used in the first place. I changed my original at the same time. I hope no offence taken.

3 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I changed "good news day" to "clear news day" in the quoted post, which was what I should have used in the first place. I changed my original at the same time. I hope no offence taken.

I'm somewhat offended that my civil liberties have been encroached upon.Ā 

Ā 

52 minutes ago, HeartOfCity said:

New song??????

Que Sera SeraĀ 

Whatever will be will be

Spot on just announce it though, if its that big of a name it will be on the back cover of the sun otherwise it will 10pages deep fromĀ the back.

Que sera, sera,

Whatever will be, will be,

Melburnians sing with me,

For Melbourne City, City.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, R410 said:

He signed back then with his reign of terror to start 1st of July apparently. Of course, he could jump ship and come back to cause us some more pain...

Ā 

As for Que Sera... That would be an awesome chant

Ā 

Ā 

1 hour ago, The Aardvark said:

Re-appointing JVS would be an all time classic City/Heart move. Surprising at the time, but in hindsight the only logical choice. Who else could lead this great club to mediocrity?

Ā 

What we've been doing for 7 seasond hasn't been working, let's do... the same thing:wub:

11 minutes ago, haz said:

I Don't think the manager is even in Australia yet. Otherwise someone in the media would have reported it

Was my way of thinking as well.

Could it be possible that it might be Paul Simpson who just managed the England under 20's to the world cup win?

Would explain why he isn't here and why its taking so long to announce

16 minutes ago, haz said:

I Don't think the manager is even in Australia yet. Otherwise someone in the media would have reported it

The football media here is very very small so its easy to sneak things through. In fact as far as I can tell is that they only learn things through contacts so if the contacts they have are kept out of the loop then it wont get outĀ 

Lots of things dont get through to the media, for example jets just announced petratos