Melbourne Football

Warren Joyce. As predicted by Serb Hair Dresser.. Goneski

Dylan

3 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Certainly doesn't feel as though there are going to be any announcements any time soon, either on a new manager or on any new signings. It's the CFG way, I suppose.

By whom? Just more speculation. I can't see RK fitting into CFG at all - he'd fall out with someone after less than 5 minutes in the job.

keane is a total prick..  i would take him over pardew but fk me they are both over glorified shit options.  imo pardew and keane are on par with JVS and muscat.

18 hours ago, nah brah said:

keane is a total prick..  i would take him over pardew but fk me they are both over glorified shit options.  imo pardew and keane are on par with JVS and muscat.

On a par with JVS and Muscat?

Very silly comment. Keane is a living legend of the game and even if he has not built a name as a manger he deserves a chance just based on his status as a player and Pardew has managed a fair few clubs in England with some success a very capable manager. 

7 hours ago, AlwaysHeart said:

On a par with JVS and Muscat?

Very silly comment. Keane is a living legend of the game and even if he has not built a name as a manger he deserves a chance just based on his status as a player and Pardew has managed a fair few clubs in England with some success a very capable manager. 

you call my comment silly and follow up with that dribble?

pardew ran newcastle and crystal palace into the ground and almost got palace relegated this season and was sacked.  roy keane almost got ipswich relegated from the championship and was sacked. they are both shit managers that lost the respect of their players and fans.  roy keane has a name as a manager.  it is cnut.

we need to do better than that shit.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sharpy said:

Why is today the day? I've obviously missed something 

Had two things added to bullshit watch. 

1 the announcement will be made by the end of the month (may)

2. Announcement in 10 days (which is today)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Had two things added to bullshit watch. 

1 the announcement will be made by the end of the month (may)

2. Announcement in 10 days (which is today)

Wrong on both accounts. Why today? Because it's a mother fucking Thursday and it's 10am. Should be any minute now :up: 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DFG_82 said:

The Article that said the announcement would happen at the end of the month also said that Munn and Co. Would be back in 2 weeks which would have been the 15th and Munn was at the Play-off game the other day so that was false.

According to his Twitter account Munn was actually back in Aus this week, obviously just flew back over to watch the game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Embee said:

According to his Twitter account Munn was actually back in Aus this week, obviously just flew back over to watch the game.

Took part in a charity run on 25th May with State MP for Malvern Michael O'Brien.

• Like 1

This is depressing. No new coach yet. I dont know why we hype up so much and this is including myself. I am not going to make smart ass comments. I legit want to know if they are getting a coach today or tomorrow. Yes preseason is starting soon and we need to get the chemistry right with our team. City can win and play well, we have seen that, but it usually only last so long before we drop. This is because of our coaches we have had in the past. I am praying that we get a good European coach. A coach who did average in europe. Do they want Melbourne City to be a successful club? And that is not a rhetorical question.

26 minutes ago, xXCiTyZeNXx said:

This is depressing. No new coach yet. I dont know why we hype up so much and this is including myself. I am not going to make smart ass comments. I legit want to know if they are getting a coach today or tomorrow. Yes preseason is starting soon and we need to get the chemistry right with our team. City can win and play well, we have seen that, but it usually only last so long before we drop. This is because of our coaches we have had in the past. I am praying that we get a good European coach. A coach who did average in europe. Do they want Melbourne City to be a successful club? And that is not a rhetorical question.

If you listen to Khaldoon al Mubarak's interview you will have no doubt about the will of CFG to have all their teams successful and winning silverware on a regular basis. In answer to a direct question about Melbourne City and his satisfaction or otherwise about our progress his answer was an emphatic "no, I am not satisfied." He then went on to emphasise his disappointment with the way we ended the season, how the club did not have the character that CFG expect, and that we had not put in 100%. He then went on to discuss the expectations across the whole of CFG, wherever they have made or will make an investment, and he went on to emphasise the expectation of winning. IIRC never once did he mention "beautiful football" - it was all about the aspects that I have mentioned.

In answer to your question then - yes, CFG wants Melbourne City along with all its other clubs to be successful.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

If you listen to Khaldoon al Mubarak's interview you will have no doubt about the will of CFG to have all their teams successful and winning silverware on a regular basis. In answer to a direct question about Melbourne City and his satisfaction or otherwise about our progress his answer was an emphatic "no, I am not satisfied." He then went on to emphasise his disappointment with the way we ended the season, how the club did not have the character that CFG expect, and that we had not put in 100%. He then went on to discuss the expectations across the whole of CFG, wherever they have made or will make an investment, and he went on to emphasise the expectation of winning. IIRC never once did he mention "beautiful football" - it was all about the aspects that I have mentioned.

In answer to your question then - yes, CFG wants Melbourne City along with all its other clubs to be successful.

Okay. I didnt know about an interview. Thats y i was mistaken. How long ago was they interview and where abouts can i find it

10 minutes ago, xXCiTyZeNXx said:

Okay. I didnt know about an interview. Thats y i was mistaken. How long ago was they interview and where abouts can i find it

Do you read anyone elses posts?

I think it was posted yesterday in the cfg thread. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I thought that the players did not report back for training until 19th June?

I think that's what I remembered. So you would expect an announcement between now and then. I'm over trying to work out their logic and methods. All I'm going to do is focus my energies on complaining about the new appointments. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I thought that the players did not report back for training until 19th June?

That's right, but I was told there was a priority to sign players before "preseason" began. (which will not happen before the manager arrives)

Edited by jeffplz

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/melbourne-citys-season-criticised-by-city-football-group-chairman-khaldoon-al-mubarak/news-story/41a30ecc8c1ed199c3c4c179830f3f7c

Melbourne City’s season criticised by City Football Group chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak

June 1, 2017 4:02pm

Source: FOX SPORTS

MELBOURNE City have received a withering assessment of their A-League campaign right from the top of City Football Group, with chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak questioning the character of the current squad.

Although the club won their first title with the 2016 FFA Cup, their season derailed with the departure of John van ‘t Schip, and the club limped out in the first week of the finals against Perth with interim boss Michael Valkanis in charge.

When asked if Melbourne City are where he wants them to be at the moment, Al Mubarak bluntly told a Manchester City produced interview: “No, they’re not.

“Melbourne won the first trophy for this club which is an achievement in itself and I am proud of that, it’s an important step for us.

“But the way they ended their season was disappointing.

“I think it’s about the need for the right character in that team.

Khaldoon Al Mubarak, Manchester City chairman (L).Source: Getty Images

He added: “It’s about achieving that consistency across the whole (City) group in terms of character, personality and commitment.

“The results in sports, in football, will sometimes happen, sometimes they won’t . That’s just sports.

“What shouldn’t happen is not giving 100%.

“That is what I expect in every team in the City Football Group. Us performing at the highest level we can, and try have the consistency in terms of the quality and mannerism and character across the board.

Britain's Prime Minister David Cameron (C) and China's President Xi Jinping with Manchester City chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak during a visit to the City Football Academy.Source: Getty Images

“With that, we’re going to have results, trophies in some places, no results, no trophies in some places, but at least we’ll be consistent in that way.

“I hope in Melbourne next season we come back strong, and with a stronger character.”

Al Mubarak praised the work being done within communities, women’s football and academies in Melbourne and New York but said, although he acknowledged it is “ambitious”: “I’m trying to achieve that outstanding in everything”.

He concluded:“We want to win the league in every competition we’re in – not just here (in Manchester). MLS, A-League, you better believe it. If we’re involved it’s about achieving a winning culture on the field and off the field.”

They should have realised 2 seasons back that you can't be consistently good if you have a management team that have a history of being consistently shit. 

Better late than never.

Edited by playmaker

10 minutes ago, playmaker said:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/melbourne-citys-season-criticised-by-city-football-group-chairman-khaldoon-al-mubarak/news-story/41a30ecc8c1ed199c3c4c179830f3f7c

Melbourne City’s season criticised by City Football Group chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak

June 1, 2017 4:02pm

Source: FOX SPORTS

MELBOURNE City have received a withering assessment of their A-League campaign right from the top of City Football Group, with chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak questioning the character of the current squad.

Although the club won their first title with the 2016 FFA Cup, their season derailed with the departure of John van ‘t Schip, and the club limped out in the first week of the finals against Perth with interim boss Michael Valkanis in charge.

When asked if Melbourne City are where he wants them to be at the moment, Al Mubarak bluntly told a Manchester City produced interview: “No, they’re not.

“Melbourne won the first trophy for this club which is an achievement in itself and I am proud of that, it’s an important step for us.

“But the way they ended their season was disappointing.

“I think it’s about the need for the right character in that team.

Khaldoon Al Mubarak, Manchester City chairman (L).Source: Getty Images

He added: “It’s about achieving that consistency across the whole (City) group in terms of character, personality and commitment.

“The results in sports, in football, will sometimes happen, sometimes they won’t . That’s just sports.

“What shouldn’t happen is not giving 100%.

“That is what I expect in every team in the City Football Group. Us performing at the highest level we can, and try have the consistency in terms of the quality and mannerism and character across the board.

Britain's Prime Minister David Cameron (C) and China's President Xi Jinping with Manchester City chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak during a visit to the City Football Academy.Source: Getty Images

“With that, we’re going to have results, trophies in some places, no results, no trophies in some places, but at least we’ll be consistent in that way.

“I hope in Melbourne next season we come back strong, and with a stronger character.”

Al Mubarak praised the work being done within communities, women’s football and academies in Melbourne and New York but said, although he acknowledged it is “ambitious”: “I’m trying to achieve that outstanding in everything”.

He concluded:“We want to win the league in every competition we’re in – not just here (in Manchester). MLS, A-League, you better believe it. If we’re involved it’s about achieving a winning culture on the field and off the field.”

They should have realised 2 seasons back that you can't be consistently good if you have a management team that have a history of being consistently shit. 

Better late than never.

All this talk is cheap anyway.

I'm expecting to see a big name signing as a coach to back up all this talk otherwise all this means nothing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

All this talk is cheap anyway.

I'm expecting to see a big name signing as a coach to back up all this talk otherwise all this means nothing.

I disagree. IMO it's important that we now have it on record. Up to now we've tended to blame CFG for our performances being a consequence of rigid adherence to the "City style." Mubarak has made it quite clear that winning is what counts. 

• Like 2