Melbourne Football

Warren Joyce. As predicted by Serb Hair Dresser.. Goneski

Dylan

Hope Wazza pisses them all off tbh. They are nothing but rot. 

On second thoughts Munn should be standing by his head coach and terminate both their contracts immediately. But he won't because he is as weak as piss.

Marwood should have got rid of the lot of them.

Edited by playmaker
  • Like 2

Newly appointed Melbourne City coach Warren Joyce has demoted one of his assistant coaches amid tensions in the A-League club's backroom.

The Covert Agent can reveal Joe Montemurro has been relegated to another role within the club setup after questioning the pre-season training methods implemented by the former Manchester United reserves coach.

It is also believed fellow assistant coach Michael Valkanis has concerns over Joyce's philosophy, but was told by the Englishman that challenges to his authority will not be accepted.

Joyce, who has worked with the likes of Paul Pogba and Marcus Rashford, has admitted to not being a fan of video sessions and sports science.

The 52-year-old was appointed head coach at City in June and was forced to inherit former interim manager Valkanis and Montemurro as assistants.

The club is currently preparing for an FFA Cup quarter-final against Sydney FC at Leichhardt Oval on September 13.

1 hour ago, Dylan said:

Little concerned that he isn't a fan of sport science. But hey, it's on his head if he fucks up

And our players hamstrings.

I think Galekovic, La Rocca, Jakobsen, Brattan, Malik and Mauk have all missed pre season games. We know Malik had a thigh strain, I wonder how many others have had soft tissue injuries that could be attributed to Joyce's training 'methods'.

We have an old English coach doesn't like sport science or video analysis and his instructions to players only concern effort. It seems we have ourselves an old-school, bona fide, lower-league hoofball merchant from the dark ages. 

42 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Here we go. Won't last the season. I'll ad myself to bullshit watch ;)

Are you saying that Joyce won't last the season? I would have thought that it was more likely that Montemurro and Valkanis won't. TBH I was surprised that they stayed - Valkanis in particular, given that he was passed over for the gig.

I seem to recall that Montemurro wasn't doing too well with the women's team during their second season, and they came good when he was elevated to the men.

30 minutes ago, Jacques Le Cube said:

We have an old English coach doesn't like sport science or video analysis and his instructions to players only concern effort. It seems we have ourselves an old-school, bona fide, lower-league hoofball merchant from the dark ages. 

Your post makes no sense seeing that he has worked at one of the biggest clubs in the world. Give it a rest mate.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Are you saying that Joyce won't last the season? I would have thought that it was more likely that Montemurro and Valkanis won't. TBH I was surprised that they stayed - Valkanis in particular, given that he was passed over for the gig.

I seem to recall that Montemurro wasn't doing too well with the women's team during their second season, and they came good when he was elevated to the men.

I really don't have any inside info nor have evidence to back this. But if these rumours are true, if you're a new manager in charge and you are coming into a new place and start putting everyone's nose out of joint, you're not going to win. What would the club do? Sack all assistants and all players who may not like it? Or just sack one person? whom has really just been a youth coach with a pretty shocking senior coaching record. Anyway if what I said above is true, he won't last but, he always should have the benefit of the doubt until we have played proper opposition 

Edited by Dylan

12 hours ago, Dylan said:

I really don't have any inside info nor have evidence to back this. But if these rumours are true, if you're a new manager in charge and you are coming into a new place and start putting everyone's nose out of joint, you're not going to win. What would the club do? Sack all assistants and all players who may not like it? Or just sack one person? whom has really just been a youth coach with a pretty shocking senior coaching record. Anyway if what I said above is true, he won't last but, he always should have the benefit of the doubt until we have played proper opposition 

Well in Wazza's defence, they should have really started with a clean slate instead they brought the dirty laundy over from last season. If you want to head into a new direction as a club, coaches like Valkanis need to leave or stay away from the senior team. Secondly, it doesn't give player a fair opportunity to prove themselves in new season as Wazza will always have Valkanis in his ear.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Dylan said:

This may be true under normal circumstances, but Wazza was put there by two very influential CFG operatives plus Khaldoon Al Mubarak himself to do a job, and that was to cull all those contributing to the soft underbelly of this club. I don't think Wazza is worried one bit tbh, if anything he should be happy that the cancer at this club is exposing itself so early.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Oh, I don't think that's true. His only "failure" was at Wigan, where he was handed a poisoned chalice in the first place.

My feeling is that CFG doesn't particularly like sacking people, and hoped - even perhaps assumed - that Valkanis and Montemurro might leave of their own accord? That not being the case, Wazza has had to act.

12 minutes ago, Jovan said:

And all this is based on the Covert Agent article. 

I call bullshit on you all.

Not just that. Soccer stoppage time. Plus every rumour link on that goal page all ended up being correct. Anyway next game we just need to see if Joe is on the bench.

48 minutes ago, Thrillhouse said:

clubs fault, if your going to pluck a manager from out your ass, you let him bring his own coaching staff
like seriously, fucking valkanis is still there

Exactly this!
Why are we soft and feel sorry for people to sack them from their roles Like JM and MV. Get rid of them and let Warren bring his own people in

8 minutes ago, InMyHeart said:

Exactly this!
Why are we soft and feel sorry for people to sack them from their roles Like JM and MV. Get rid of them and let Warren bring his own people in

JM I would like to stay around maybe youth or women's role of some sort? He has done well with both

5 hours ago, jw1739 said:

My feeling is that CFG doesn't particularly like sacking people, and hoped - even perhaps assumed - that Valkanis and Montemurro might leave of their own accord? That not being the case, Wazza has had to act.

Yeah, I've had that feeling a few times too. Got to be "holistic" etc etc.

12 hours ago, belaguttman said:

I'm also concerned that he isn't a fan of sports science but of more concern is the alleged disharmony amongst the coaching staff.

Exactly, there are ways and means about going in and fixing a culture. If you rush in and start putting everyone off side its going to make it worse and the club will suffer for it.  Plus If the players start having shitloads of injuries then, again it will be on him. 

He is going to need new assistants now, he can't do it all himself. If he thinks that, he is going to be found out very quickly 

1 hour ago, Dylan said:

Exactly, there are ways and means about going in and fixing a culture. If you rush in and start putting everyone off side its going to make it worse and the club will suffer for it.  Plus If the players start having shitloads of injuries then, again it will be on him. 

He is going to need new assistants now, he can't do it all himself. If he thinks that, he is going to be found out very quickly 

Maybe he thinks he can do a lot more by himself and wants to do so. He's well-known for having a strong work ethic, and for expecting that from his players. Perhaps he reckons that with a maximum of c. 35 competitive matches per season if you win everything then he doesn't need a load of hangers-on, especially if they're going to question his every move. He's been sent here to toughen this club up and get us on the honour board, and been given two years to do it. All power to his arm.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, jeffplz said:

Joyce... has admitted to not being a fan of video sessions and sports science.

i am not surprised.  hodgson comes in to look over the team and we hire someone on the basis of being an english hard cunt - and having worked with children.

if wazza fails this season, city management need to go.  this appointment is on their heads.

the most regressive coaching appointment in the AL in years.

Edited by nah brah
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, nah brah said:

i am not surprised.  hodgson comes in to look over the team and we hire someone on the basis of being an english hard cunt - and having worked with children.

if wazza fails this season, city management need to go.  this appointment is on their heads.

Oh please. You mean the guys that more or less saved the club and got us out of wheelie bins. I just can't fathom the stupid shit that is said on this forum. I'd say plastic full of shit fans need to go first.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, wombegongal said:

Oh please. You mean the guys that more or less saved the club and got us out of wheelie bins. I just can't fathom the stupid shit that is said on this forum. I'd say plastic full of shit fans need to go first.

The guys that pay the bills can stay. Just everyone else 

2 hours ago, nah brah said:

I've become skeptical of sport science only because it does not seem to be used as a tool, but authoritative. Just look at AFL. Sport science dictates how long a footballer should practice shooting at goals and now we have plenty who are aerobicaly fit but with poor skills. I remember Malthouse saying on SEN once how all the stats during the game can be misleading. Sports science is a tool. Playing football isnt rocket science. Lets not go down the path of AFL where we have athletes but not skilled footballers. 

• Like 4

A few things.

1. I thought it was generally agreed that the most likely media source to "make shit up" was soccer stoppage time" yet this is being used as evidence that the story is correct.

2. There are always 2 sides of the story. Aggrieved person "wazza is ignoring sports science"; perhaps wazza would say that stuff you are putting your energy into is actually "meaningless stats", we need to take a different approach.

3. In the end I don't care. Joyce has been brought in to bring the club out of the doldrums and change the culture. He can't make changes without, well, making changes and it's his reputation at stake.

I'd expect if the story is true the assistants will soon leave "to pursue other opportunities".

• Like 2

7 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Maybe he thinks he can do a lot more by himself and wants to do so. He's well-known for having a strong work ethic, and for expecting that from his players. Perhaps he reckons that with a maximum of c. 35 competitive matches per season if you win everything then he doesn't need a load of hangers-on, especially if they're going to question his every move. He's been sent here to toughen this club up and get us on the honour board, and been given two years to do it. All power to his arm.

It's pretty hard to run the complete training sessions all by yourself no matter how talented you are

8 hours ago, playmaker said:

I remember when smurf supporters were saying the same thing about Arnold two seasons ago.

except arnie killed it with CCM. he is the best coach australia has had.  shame he's a fucking idiot on camera.

difference is arnie has success on his resume.   fwiw if we got wazza ill support him.   i  hope he gets the whole lot of them fired before he leaves.  we need a clear out.  

1 hour ago, nah brah said:

except arnie killed it with CCM. he is the best coach australia has had.  shame he's a fucking idiot on camera.

difference is arnie has success on his resume.   fwiw if we got wazza ill support him.   i  hope he gets the whole lot of them fired before he leaves.  we need a clear out.  

We have played no games during the season and we already need a clear out. Might be time to stop posting for at least a few weeks.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, nah brah said:

Yeah Joyce coaching Man U to 10 premier league youth titles and 5 international cups is pretty shit compare to Arnie's achievements isn't it.

Come on mate you can't be serious.

• Like 1

He wont last and I can tell you exactly how he will go.
He's come here without the  license to bring his own people.
So if he tells the assistant managers to shut up because lets be honest, this blokes come from 10 years at Man UTD he probably looks at MV and JM and reckons they have no idea.
And then these Assistant managers would go have a sook to the players and thats how you get a fraction in the playing group and I can tell he's already lost the players.
This is diabolical and he wont last 6-8 weeks

• Like 2