Melbourne Football

Warren Joyce. As predicted by Serb Hair Dresser.. Goneski

Dylan

8 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Don't care tbh. Valkanis at least has proven himself to be a title winning assistant and will be better off for the managing experience imo, and Montemurro has done well with the women's side. IMO assistants impact is near negligible anyway when you compare them; as long as they dance to the tune that the gaffer sets then they are really there as an aid and to bounce ideas off.

Exactly and they are usually there to be the 'good cop' thats why some have an issue with transitioning to a head manager, they struggle to drop the nice guy act

So far hes saying all the right things/

I understand the on field results have not been great so far since their take over (outside of the ffa cup win) but i have enough trust and belief that CFG know what they are doing to not doubt this appointment. Just look at how much they have invested in the club already, they would not of made this appointment unless they were 100% sure that wazza was their man. 

Lets save all the doom and despair until at least half way through the season, where we can make an accurate judgement on whether hes a good coach or not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PORCHO said:

He's still a better option then anyone we've previously had. 

We don't know that. We all hope he is but until we play a few games (which include FFA Cup games) we won't know.

The more I think about the appointment the less dissapointed or more accurately uninspired I feel. 

Deep down I would have preferred a crazy Serb but it is what is. 

2 hours ago, Hellenic Hero said:

So much this. I'm a fan of many different sporting teams, and am on many different forums regarding these teams, and I'm consistently amazed at the constant negativity and gloom around the club on this forum, it goes far above and beyond the negativity of any other forum I'm on.

we are just used to shite and hope being rammed down our throats only to result in disappointment each season.  Dont get me wrong, its a real turn on every pre-season, but you have to take everything with a grain of salt these days...We should get around him, new coach, hopefully new philosophy, hopefully no shit haircuts anymore because he seems like he would hook brattan

17 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Don't care tbh. Valkanis at least has proven himself to be a title winning assistant and will be better off for the managing experience imo, and Montemurro has done well with the women's side. IMO assistants impact is near negligible anyway when you compare them; as long as they dance to the tune that the gaffer sets then they are really there as an aid and to bounce ideas off.

my issue with them hanging around is more about them not being capable of dropping down to their previous positions. Usually people get bitter about moving down in position. Not saying it's the case but there's always that risk... Plus, how can PK be assistant with those two muppets there... :tooth:

1 minute ago, PORCHO said:

my issue with them hanging around is more about them not being capable of dropping down to their previous positions. Usually people get bitter about moving down in position. Not saying it's the case but there's always that risk... Plus, how can PK be assistant with those two muppets there... :tooth:

Leap frog.

12 minutes ago, Jovan said:

We don't know that. We all hope he is but until we play a few games (which include FFA Cup games) we won't know.

The more I think about the appointment the less dissapointed or more accurately uninspired I feel. 

Deep down I would have preferred a crazy Serb but it is what is. 

I've said it time and again, a monkey is better then what we've had so this bloke... a human with football experience is a bonus! :D

2 minutes ago, PORCHO said:

Cant see them lasting too long TBH as any manager that has been at the elite level wouldn't suffer these fools lightly.

Hopefully there is a mid season management cull of the 3 dip-shits once he realizes how shit they really are and PK slots right in.

28 minutes ago, CityHeart said:

Go and read about what CFG is doing in China, and what that deal was really about. (An incredible deal for both parties).

A chinese 'club' is small fry compared to what they are doing - in fact committing to a single club could be counter-productive. They basically have the 'rights' to setup academies and structure at all junior levels throughout the whole country!

Sure, they may say one day a Chinese club could be on the radar, but I think it will be secondary to what they are doing.

Yes I know, one thing that the Chinese have learnt well from history is to play the long game

4 hours ago, rayv36 said:

For those worried about us being a feeder club for youth, Ajax do it quiet well and win championships. 

If we are a "feeder club" - which is an opinion based on one player in three years (Aaron Mooy) who ultimately won't play a single game for Manchester City - then whose fault is that? As I read the original intentions, there was every possibility that from time to time we would have players - possibly young players, possibly others too - coming from Manchester/other CFG clubs to play for us on loan for all or part of season. That cannot happen now, not because of Manchester City or CFG, but because of FFA's "Lampard Rule."

4 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

If we are a "feeder club" - which is an opinion based on one player in three years (Aaron Mooy) who ultimately won't play a single game for Manchester City - then whose fault is that? As I read the original intentions, there was every possibility that from time to time we would have players - possibly young players, possibly others too - coming from Manchester/other CFG clubs to play for us on loan for all or part of season. That cannot happen now, not because of Manchester City or CFG, but because of FFA's "Lampard Rule."

Precisely.

If FFA were not so inept we could have been in the position of Girona FC which gets several seriously talented players loaned and just got promoted to la liga.

Instead the best we can hope for is developing Australian born players and maybe get lucky. 

8 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I don't think that its necessarily about getting players good enough to ply for Man City, its more about getting players good enough to on-trade, it becomes a revenue stream

1 hour ago, belaguttman said:

I don't think that its necessarily about getting players good enough to ply for Man City, its more about getting players good enough to on-trade, it becomes a revenue stream

Doesn't matter whether it's a revenue stream or not - it can now be only a one-way movement because of the "Lampard Rule." 

7 minutes ago, jeffplz said:

1. Brattan's back

2. I like the new training kit colours, inspired by S16

3. Wazza seems like a nice strong presence already

Where did you see Luke Brattan, maybe I missed it? Does anybody know who the darker in appearance player is, besides Ryon and Bruce? 

4 hours ago, playmaker said:

Yep, no JVS anywhere near our club is very exciting, and that we may finally play fundamentally solid football is a bonus.

Yes, I also pretty excited for next season. Of course these interviews are "staged" - anyone who has done media training knows that you just do not go into any interview, in-house or public, without due preparation. But he comes across as someone committed to football, and IMO he's not going to tolerate any of our players shirking or not putting in the hard yards. Which is what we need. The past two seasons have seen us seriously under-perform, and IMO that's the difference he's going to make.

And no-one, from Khaldoon downwards, has mentioned "beautiful football." At last the emphasis is on results.

As for Valkanis etc., I'm not too fussed about them just yet. I think Joyce will soon suss them out, and it will either be his way or the exit door.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hellenic Hero said:

Where did he go? He was my favourite poster:(

Hong Kong I think he said. Or Singapore. One of those Asian countries where people who have ambitions beyond constantly moaning on a football forum go.

Edited by KSK_47
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Mr MO said:

Where did you see Luke Brattan, maybe I missed it? Does anybody know who the darker in appearance player is, besides Ryon and Bruce? 

John Roberts, a forward from the now closed FFA Centre of Excellence. I think someone previously mentioned a rumour he was coming here in the transfer thread.

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Doesn't matter whether it's a revenue stream or not - it can now be only a one-way movement because of the "Lampard Rule." 

Yes that might be a part of the re-focusing. Things might change if the franchises get to run their own League

58 minutes ago, bellydrum said:

John Roberts, a forward from the now closed FFA Centre of Excellence. I think someone previously mentioned a rumour he was coming here in the transfer thread.

Do you know anything else about him?

Edited by belaguttman

15 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

Do you know anything else about him?

Not much comes up from a quick google search. He's 16 this year, played for Joeys (U-17s) last year as captain for at least one game, and scored a goal or two.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUlKclHgxTw - In action from about 0:40. He played in the AFC-U16 championship last year, you can watch replays on youtube I think.

Edited by bellydrum

15 minutes ago, bellydrum said:

Not much comes up from a quick google search. He's 16 this year, played for Joeys (U-17s) last year as captain for at least one game, and scored a goal or two.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUlKclHgxTw - In action from about 0:40. He played in the AFC-U16 championship last year, you can watch replays on youtube I think.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shahanga said:

@Murfy1 got a big money offer to post on a CSL forum. Couldn't say no.

1 hour ago, GreenSeater said:

That's a shame. I really believe he has the potential to test himself at the highest level of European football forums rather than go chasing the Asian money. 

I agree. The Australian Forum community is becoming worse from chasing the Chinese money. I wonder if he even posts, if he came back to Australia he would be a quality Poster on any Forum.